Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Microbes/Funghi/Multi-celled organisms from since ancient times Cannabis cultivating

Thread Title Search
Microbes/Funghi/Multi-celled organisms from since ancient times Cannabis cultivating Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2019, 05:16 PM #1
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
Microbes/Funghi/Multi-celled organisms from since ancient times Cannabis cultivating

Hi all,

The topic is Microbes/Funghi/Multi-celled organisms from since ancient times Cannabis cultivating regions.

I'm wondering for quite some time if it's possible that in Cannabis producing regions where since ancient times Cannabis is grown there are Microbes/Funghi or multi-celled organism in the soil who have co-evolved together with Cannabis?

I'm using now the typical organic gardener microbes/funghi I get from the gardenstore. But I wonder if there might be a better match for Cannabis with organism who have evolved around Cannabis.

Are there any studies done on this subject?

It might also be an interesting product for the clever marketeer.

(My apologies for my poor English skills, I'm non-english and the spellingchecker doesn't work on my smartphone.)

Cheers.

Cvh is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 PM #2
Rico Swazi

Rico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really nice
Your english is fine Cvh
If you haven't heard about it, a good place to start would be with learning how to collect Beneficial Indigenous Microorganisms (BIM)
Take a look at one of many great threads from the Master jaykush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=96325

down the rabbit hole you go!
Rico Swazi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:47 PM #3
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
Bump.
Anyone else have some input? Info/Ideas/Opinions/...

Cheers.

Cvh is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2019, 08:19 PM #4
art.spliff

art.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really niceart.spliff is just really nice
Organic Farmer Narayana Reddy explaining the making of IMO (Indigenous Microbial Organisms)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zut-mpXws40

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

IMO Preparation & Advantages_DoAG&DG_July-2016_Kadapa_Kadapa_A.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSYOYyms1c

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
art.spliff is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2019, 08:48 PM #5
Rico Swazi

Rico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvh View Post
Bump.
Anyone else have some input? Info/Ideas/Opinions/...

Cheers.
I have a question , are you looking for information on microbes/fungi from ancient times ?
If you are, sorry to start the thread in the wrong direction with cultivating your own.

glomus intraradices is an ancient fungi if that is along the line of what you are after

Old 04-19-2019, 08:58 PM #6
Cvh

Indeed, I'm not really looking for how to cultivate it.
I'm more interested for info if there might be a better match for Cannabis if there exist microbial lifeforms who co-evolved with Cannabis in ancient Cannabis producing regions.
Microbes/funghi/... beside the standard Rhizophagus irregularis (Glomus intraradices).

But still thanks you for the info on the cultivation techniques.
I think it's just my English skills that is the basis for the confusion.

Cvh is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2019, 09:23 PM #7
Rico Swazi

sometimes the basis for confusion is some folk are just plain confused, present company included

pass on the glomus, got it.

perhaps cyanobacteria ?

Old 04-19-2019, 10:21 PM #8
h.h.

h.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to all
Quote:
Recent molecular analysis of Ribosomal DNA suggested that Glomus intraradices is not in fact in the genus Glomus at all, and should be renamed Rhizophagus intraradices. [5]
Is this a fact?

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is online now Quote

Old 04-19-2019, 10:56 PM #9
Cvh

Yes, that is a fact. Glomus intraradices was renamed to Rhizophagus Intraradices a decade or so ago IIRC. That is the reason that I used the new name in my previous post.

Cvh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:03 PM #10
Rico Swazi

Rhizophagus irregularis (previously known as Glomus intraradices

Edit to add this from Tad at KIS
Quote:

Just to make things more confusing, glomus intraradices can also be listed at g. intraradices, rhizophagus intraradices, or rhizophagus irregularis depending on how current the manufacturer is with terminology.
https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/ne...u-need-to-know