Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > What are you favorite trimming shears?

Thread Title Search
What are you favorite trimming shears? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2019, 06:31 AM #1
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
What are you favorite trimming shears?

I've been using the Fiskars micro-tip pruning snips for several years and really like them. I just picked up the non-stick version of these that they recently released. I'll have to see if they're really non-stick after going through some resinous buds.

I honestly hate trimming. It's the only thing about pot that I dread doing. I remember the first harvest I did I was so stoked to get the chance to trim my own final product. About an ounce in I was like "well this sucks, no wonder people hire others to do this." Since then I've gotten more efficient at my technique and have been trimming the buds after they are dry so I don't have to do them all at once. Still think it sucks though.
JustSumTomatoes is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:37 AM #2
Med-Grower_TOm

Med-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really niceMed-Grower_TOm is just really nice
Fiskars all the way, just got some packs of the titanium ones, we shall see if they stick less lol
Med-Grower_TOm is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:49 AM #3
big315smooth

big315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant future
fiskars. i been keeping a eye on handheld electric scissor tech its come along way in past few years. until then snip snip
big315smooth is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:53 AM #4
Frylock

Frylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud ofFrylock has much to be proud of
I used to use whatever scissors were laying around but then i saw that a lot of people used the same Fiskars micro tip scissors on the internet, so i ordered some for myself just out of curiosity why so many people seemed to be using them.... so i'm just a copycat.... but they are very good
Frylock is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:47 AM #5
Lrus007

Lrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to beholdLrus007 is a splendid one to behold
5" pair of hair cutting scissors.
made in italy were like $120.
that was 15+ years ago work great still.
i went to a wholesale hair cutting shop.
i had them take many pairs out of cabinet
for me. found a pair i liked feel of. so had
lady set out all of that style. i tried each pair
with eyes closed for feel. one set felt the best.
i bought them and lady says you take pride in
your haircutting. i said yes i do a lot of trims. lol
many 12 hour days behind those scissors.
i use fly tying scissors to de stem with.
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof
Lrus007 is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:03 AM #6
Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond repute
Fiskars...the normal ones... I tried the titanium and when I used razor blades to clean them it removed the coating... I feel like they stick just as much ....Loosen the screw on the Fiskars you can fly with them

Old 04-09-2019, 10:25 AM #7
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Just noticed my typo in the thread title lol. But yeah, I think the Fiskars won some sort of award for being the best pruner for people with arthritis or something like that. I used regular scissors before and man was that a pain, literally. The Fiskars are very comfortable and easy on the hands. The cap they come with is also a nice touch.

To clean mine I soak the blades in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off with a paper towel or old rag. I know it's a waste of hash, but I could care less when there is a large pile of buds in front of me.
JustSumTomatoes is online now Quote

Old 04-09-2019, 11:34 AM #8
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to all
A kukri, I hang em whole!

Old 04-09-2019, 11:37 AM #9
MD84

MD84 will become famous soon enoughMD84 will become famous soon enough
Chikamasa scissors for me. I'll have to check out these Fiskars too though
MD84 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:50 AM #10
StickyHands

StickyHands is just really niceStickyHands is just really niceStickyHands is just really niceStickyHands is just really niceStickyHands is just really niceStickyHands is just really niceStickyHands is just really niceStickyHands is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I used to use whatever scissors were laying around but then i saw that a lot of people used the same Fiskars micro tip scissors on the internet, so i ordered some for myself just out of curiosity why so many people seemed to be using them.... so i'm just a copycat.... but they are very good
Same here.
Well, im still at using the 'whatever scissors' stage.
Will try new ones this next chop session.

No wonder my hands and fingers ache for days.
Im left handed aswell, so constantly using right handed scissors makes it
harder on my wrist, just to cut rather than make a bend in a leaf.

Kinda looking forward to chopping now, which ive never done before.

Thanks to the thread starter , and all contributions to the thread.
I gotta keep it moving. getting some Fiskars asap.
StickyHands is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.