What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got some juicy beans from Yo Sammy!

CanadaDank

Been chatting with Sammy from south holland a lot lately and he tossed me some new releases (before they were released) to try out. I actually gave them all to my buddy Cray from White Buffalo Seeds cause he’s the sativa man. He gave me:
A5 x Killer Malawi
Nevil’s Haze x Killer Malawi
Nevil’s Haze x Panama

I guess the NH x Panama is the one one not released at this point. Should be interesting!
Does anyone have any grow info/pics of the any of the crosses I mentioned?

power puff

Nevs x panama grows wild, lots of big buds and a wee bit of stretch.
A lot of hair and great calyx to leaf ratio.

I have one in flower for over 8 weeks now, couple weeks and I can test smoke.

I have A5 x panama flowering too... bigger buds than A5 x malawi.

Lots of info about A5 x malawi on IC, so check it out.....
Awesome smoke but also a bunch of phenos.

Koondense

Veteran
I also have these to try but left them for a summer run with higher temps. Meanwhile got some other seeds to try but i really would love the a5 x panama... but honestly, if all goes well, I'll be able to make my own same cross in regular version.

Please post some pictures of nevHz x panama, when they grow enough. Should be a very interesting cross.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi CanadaDank and power puff,

Glad Sammy made you arrive some seeds of these joint projects, so kind of him! :)

There's plenty of info in this room about Killer A5 Haze (A5 Haze x Malawi) and Super Malawi Haze (Nevil's Haze x Malawi). As i commented previously, the goal with the Malawi hybrids was to seek for the most extreme THC content and the most overpowering effects, while it's in the new hybrids between the Dutch elite Haze hybrids from Nevil and our Panama and Kali China where we will find the most interesting, intense and elaborated incense terpene profiles.

The Panama hybrids have the potential to produce excellent yields as well. And the Kali China hybrids will produce the fastest flowering plants of kinder effects.

I just started early this year to give away seeds for testing of the new Panama and Kali China hybrids , so hopefully we will see some interesting results in the upcoming months.

power puff, would love to see some pics of the new hybrids you have in flowering if you have the chance :yes:

YukonKronic

Glad Sammy made you arrive some seeds of these joint projects, so kind of him! :)

There's plenty of info in this room about Killer A5 Haze (A5 Haze x Malawi) and Super Malawi Haze (Nevil's Haze x Malawi). As i commented previously, the goal with the Malawi hybrids was to seek for the most extreme THC content and the most overpowering effects, while it's in the new hybrids between the Dutch elite Haze hybrids from Nevil and our Panama and Kali China where we will find the most interesting, intense and elaborated incense terpene profiles.

The Panama hybrids have the potential to produce excellent yields as well. And the Kali China hybrids will produce the fastest flowering plants of kinder effects.

I just started early this year to give away seeds for testing of the new Panama and Kali China hybrids , so hopefully we will see some interesting results in the upcoming months.

power puff, would love to see some pics of the new hybrids you have in flowering if you have the chance :yes:

Wait!! Wait wait wait.... did you say you crossed these Dutch hazes with KC!? I haven’t even had the pleasure of trying any of those Legendary hazes (shit... I haven’t tried ANY... I gotta fix that... like really.) But even without that experience I feel like on paper KC is a stellar choice for an incense dominant haze hybrid... I had enjoyed the thought of a very mandarin dominant GT crossed with KC but I bet going for an incensy cross with Haze would be even more interesting..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi YukonKronic,

The old school Haze hybrids from Nevil are really outstanding plants, especially considering they were selected 30 years ago and they are still appreciated. Probably they are a bit outdated due to their long flowering times ... Kush growers are nowadays more into different kind of terpenes and shorter flowering times, but the Haze hybrids from Nevil are still outstanding for potency, vigor and yield.

Hopefully we can develop some interesting new hybrids between Nevil's Haze hybrids and our strain and sativas .... hopefully something that Nevil would be proud of.

And i encourage you to do the hybrid between GT mandarine pheno and Kali China ;)
Sounds great to me.

Morglie

A5 x Kali China 25 days under 11/13 lighting. It's starting to develop a lovely like smell.

IMG_20190612_172725.jpg

IMG_20190612_172730.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for joining to the party Morglie :thank you:

How did the A5 x Kali China turn out ?

Dog Star

Veteran

Am glad it didnt left on only one cross,this sounds very promising..

does ACE or Yo Sammy have some interesting Thai to cross with
A5???

Or maybe this kind of crosses already exist from some other
breeder???

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep. ALREADY exists. That would be the A5/pure Thai male that was used on the 18-22wk Cuban Haze - ie Bandaid Haze.

BH = Cuban Black Haze x A5/Thai

dank.Frank

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yep, the A5/Thai hybrid floating around IG and forums is not from us.

Killer A5 Haze is the only commercial A5 Haze hybrid we are going to release by now,
the seeds of other A5 hybrids are just being shared and given away for free between friends to test how the A5 works in other different hybrids.

In my opinion, the uplifting and lemony C5 has a terpene profile and psychoactivity that would match better with a Thai than A5. So it would be interesting to make a pure Thai x C5 hybrid at some point.

Dog Star

Veteran
Does C5 Haze still exists... maybe i missread but i tought i get that C5 is loosed..

or that was story on C5 male... am bit fuzzled now..

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yep. ALREADY exists. That would be the A5/pure Thai male that was used on the 18-22wk Cuban Haze - ie Bandaid Haze.

BH = Cuban Black Haze x A5/Thai

dank.Frank

G `day DF

Yep !
I am smoking C5 x A5 / Thai right now . Clear as a bell . Great for outdoor activities . F2d them for later ...

Next up I`m going to select and F2 some HPHz x A5/ Thai .

I also have C5 x Jack Herer that yields like a beast .

Props to Sammy , Hupla and e.T

Thanks for sharin

EB .

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Fortunately C5 Haze is still alive, i received it from Yo Sammy more than 1 year ago :thank you: .... last year we couldn't test her outdoors sinsemilla, hope we can do it this season.

I had the pleasure to smoke C5 masterly grown during this year Spannabis edition and she is top notch smoke. She is much brighter, uplifting and expansive than A5, and i can really detect on her the lemony terpenes found in Original Jack Herer release, C5 is suposedly the mother of original Jack Herer and SSH releases, although i'm not an expert on the genetic composition of Nevil's hybrids.

I also like a lot the smoke of G13Haze ... i think G13Haze, A5 and C5 Haze are my favorite ones from the old school dutch elite Haze hybrids from Nevil that are still preserved in clone form. Original Jack Herer was also amazing and there are still clones of original JH floating in Europe. Last year a close friend offered me clones of the nice JH mother i used to grow and smoke more than 15 years ago.

Wish Hawaiian Haze was still alive ..... it was my favorite Haze hybrid from the 90s along with old Kali Mist.

Dog Star

Veteran
Am growing now Hawaii Sativa... maybe i made repro if plant shows stability..

tryed them to smoke and high is clear and uplifting.. huge plants.. big long colas.. airy but
not extreme.. nice resin coverage..