Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Magical PH rising

Thread Title Search
Magical PH rising Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2019, 09:06 AM #1
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Magical PH rising

Tap is PH 7.5 + Maxigrow nutes + epsom salt and ended up at ph 5.6 when I first made it up.

I let the mixture sit with some aeration and within less than 24 hours it's up to 6.2.

How do I deal with this?
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 09:41 PM #2
RookieGrower98

RookieGrower98 will become famous soon enoughRookieGrower98 will become famous soon enough
I had the same thing, mixing everything in a
water bottle and then closing it seems to solve this problem for me.
RookieGrower98 is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 09:47 PM #3
Lyfespan

Lyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDad View Post
Tap is PH 7.5 + Maxigrow nutes + epsom salt and ended up at ph 5.6 when I first made it up.

I let the mixture sit with some aeration and within less than 24 hours it's up to 6.2.

How do I deal with this?
you're oxidizing the water, this always causes a slight increase in PH
Lyfespan is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 09:49 PM #4
Lyfespan

Lyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieGrower98 View Post
I had the same thing, mixing everything in a
water bottle and then closing it seems to solve this problem for me.
your drift is due to anaerobic bacteria forming, from closing bottle and letting it sit.

two different situations with same results

Old 04-25-2019, 09:51 PM #5
Lyfespan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDad View Post

How do I deal with this?
what type of acid is used to balance PH? these too will bond out as well, depends on how much work its done in your water

Old 04-25-2019, 09:57 PM #6
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
My first coco grow, once a week I would mix my nutrients up, and at the start I was phing the big container that was holding my premixed nutrients. Was hand watering, so not a real reservoir, just enough nutes to make it through the week. I started off phing that container directly, and it didn't matter cause a day later the pH had climbed back up. I ended up measuring out just the amount of water I was feeding the plants that day, and ph'ed that directly. It meant more work during the week, but I think it worth it in the end. If you are using your reservoir to directly feed the plants, that idea won't work.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 10:03 PM #7
Lyfespan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
My first coco grow, once a week I would mix my nutrients up, and at the start I was phing the big container that was holding my premixed nutrients. Was hand watering, so not a real reservoir, just enough nutes to make it through the week. I started off phing that container directly, and it didn't matter cause a day later the pH had climbed back up. I ended up measuring out just the amount of water I was feeding the plants that day, and ph'ed that directly. It meant more work during the week, but I think it worth it in the end. If you are using your reservoir to directly feed the plants, that idea won't work.
lol yes, anytime water sits its loosing. you have to really watch whats going in to help combat that PH drift. most of us using a REZ rely on HP to keep oxygen in and PH stabilized

Old 04-25-2019, 10:41 PM #8
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
If your reservoir has any kind of algae in it this will happen. Make sure your res is airtight and clean it weekly.
madalasatori is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.