What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magical PH rising

DoDad

Tap is PH 7.5 + Maxigrow nutes + epsom salt and ended up at ph 5.6 when I first made it up.

I let the mixture sit with some aeration and within less than 24 hours it's up to 6.2.

How do I deal with this?

Lyfespan

Tap is PH 7.5 + Maxigrow nutes + epsom salt and ended up at ph 5.6 when I first made it up.

I let the mixture sit with some aeration and within less than 24 hours it's up to 6.2.

How do I deal with this?

you're oxidizing the water, this always causes a slight increase in PH:tiphat:

Lyfespan

How do I deal with this?

what type of acid is used to balance PH? these too will bond out as well, depends on how much work its done in your water

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
My first coco grow, once a week I would mix my nutrients up, and at the start I was phing the big container that was holding my premixed nutrients. Was hand watering, so not a real reservoir, just enough nutes to make it through the week. I started off phing that container directly, and it didn't matter cause a day later the pH had climbed back up. I ended up measuring out just the amount of water I was feeding the plants that day, and ph'ed that directly. It meant more work during the week, but I think it worth it in the end. If you are using your reservoir to directly feed the plants, that idea won't work.

Lyfespan

My first coco grow, once a week I would mix my nutrients up, and at the start I was phing the big container that was holding my premixed nutrients. Was hand watering, so not a real reservoir, just enough nutes to make it through the week. I started off phing that container directly, and it didn't matter cause a day later the pH had climbed back up. I ended up measuring out just the amount of water I was feeding the plants that day, and ph'ed that directly. It meant more work during the week, but I think it worth it in the end. If you are using your reservoir to directly feed the plants, that idea won't work.

lol yes, anytime water sits its loosing. you have to really watch whats going in to help combat that PH drift. most of us using a REZ rely on HP to keep oxygen in and PH stabilized :tiphat:

madalasatori

Veteran
If your reservoir has any kind of algae in it this will happen. Make sure your res is airtight and clean it weekly.

Latest posts

Latest posts