in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Supersoil getting depleted

Thread Title Search
Supersoil getting depleted Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2019, 03:18 PM #1
Pwyll

Pwyll will become famous soon enough
Supersoil getting depleted

I've been using a water only supersoil for a few grows. This time round I had to keep the plants in veg for 3 months and some of them are long-flowering sativas. They are in #5 pots so will likely deplete the soil before they finish. Can anyone recommend something organic that I can use to give the plants a boost in late flower?
Pwyll is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:25 PM #2
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Dress with BuffaLoam, bison manure in yes, CO! We also like to use Organic Plant Magic (tea) for early season before we can make teas. Alfalfa meal is another nice organic option.
Good luck!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is online now Quote

Old 03-25-2019, 05:12 PM #3
big315smooth

big315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud of
i had this happen one time. long veg then when flipped to flower they went from beautiful green to that slight yellowing when the buds were setting up. normally i hit nutes halfway through bud when needed.maybe i shoulda had bigger pots
big315smooth is online now Quote

Old 03-25-2019, 05:18 PM #4
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
I don't typically use any bottles, but I do have some around to push the plants to see if I'm really getting the most from them. I generally find that anything extra results in clawing or faint tip burn. However, this basic recipe is a fail safe, that isn't designed to feed the plants everything they need, but rather to supplement a fully amended organic soil.

This is also very helpful with Chem/OG/Diesel hybrids that tend to favor calcium/magnesium uptake at higher rates than typical cannabis hybrids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post

If trying to push plants a bit harder for yields:

-Per Gallon of water -

wk2:
1/4 tsp Thrive Alive B1 (green label)

wk 3:
1 tsp of Earth Juice Meta-K
2 tbsp of Budswel Liquid (yellow)

wk 4:
1 tsp of General Organics Cal/Mg

wk 5:
1 tsp Earth Juice Meta-K
2 tbsp Budswel (yellow label)

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2019, 05:24 PM #5
big315smooth

big315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud ofbig315smooth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
I don't typically use any bottles, but I do have some around to push the plants to see if I'm really getting the most from them. I generally find that anything extra results in clawing or faint tip burn. However, this basic recipe is a fail safe, that isn't designed to feed the plants everything they need, but rather to supplement a fully amended organic soil.

This is also very helpful with Chem/OG/Diesel hybrids that tend to favor calcium/magnesium uptake at higher rates than typical cannabis hybrids.
dank.Frank
what size pot were you running. i was running 7.5 but was growing monsters 4 per 1000 watt seems they suck the nutes right up. i just bought budswel going back to teas i tested out gh organics its ok
big315smooth is online now Quote

Old 03-25-2019, 07:03 PM #6
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Bone meal, bat guano, worm castings and/or fish emulsion in small amounts will help.

It's best to use very little and feed more often than using too much and frying the leaves.

How many solo cups does one need?
troutman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:25 AM #7
Pwyll

Pwyll will become famous soon enough
I appreciate the advice. I am limited to #5 pots because I veg them in an attic bedroom and flower them in a shop outside. I couldn't carry 7 gallon pots up the spiral staircase.

I think the indicas and hybrids will be OK but if the sativas do start to fade I would need a quick fix. Scenario - Sativas start to fade 3 or 4 weeks before harvest. I have just one shot really to revitalize the soil, so I'm thinking a bottle. Something like FoxFarm Big Bloom of Roots Organics Extreme Serene. Any thoughts on that?
Pwyll is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2019, 03:23 AM #8
h.h.

h.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to allh.h. is a name known to all
II think a liquid fertilizer at thus point.
Can't say one brand from the other.
Last I used was FloraNova and that was many, many moons ago.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2019, 03:27 AM #9
Cannavore

Cannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivor
i like to loosely replicate buildasoils top dress kit when i can as its an easy guideline which you can then deviate from and experiment with. if you don't have exactly what's listed just fill in the blanks lol.

Compost & Vermicompost: 80%
Canadian Sphagnum Peatmoss: 10% (Water Holding and Texture)
Pre-Charged Bio Char: 10%
Fresh Comfrey Leaf: 1% by Volume or about 2 Gallons of Rough Chopped leaves per yard.
Kelp Meal - 1/2 cup Per Cubic Foot
Neem Cake (Just Enough for some pest control) 1/4 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Fish Bone Meal - 1/2 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Gypsum - 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Cannavore is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2019, 03:47 AM #10
Malato

Malato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to behold
Everyone's recommending good stuff . If you want a simple bottled one part nutrient I personally use with my depleted super soil I love earth juice bloom.

I pee on my plants.... GG x triangle kush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358327

A pissers tale

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....59#post8496959
Malato is offline Quote