Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > MGT's Organic Original Glue t5 Scrog

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
MGT's Organic Original Glue t5 Scrog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2019, 10:09 PM #1
Med-Grower_TOm

Med-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to all
Cool MGT's Organic G.G.4 t5 Scrog

Welcome, first off not sure if I should of put this in the micro section or here, it is a small grow, but Idk about micro...

First brief history on the cab, have some family staying with us for a lil bit, so had to stop the garage cabs, actually took them all apart and tore it down, kept my mothers though of course. Also took the corner desk apart to make more room, drew up some plans on the computer and while taking it all apart I cut the pieces to size for the plans, and couple months later put most the cab together and moved the moms inside. As of today, the cab is still just bare wood inside, and no fans or ventilation are hooked up or installed. Also still have to setup a door, of which the plan is to make a zippered black/white poly door, with Velcro at the bottom.

Anyways, this small cabinet was assembled from parts from my garage cab and my corner desk, link for the garage cab is in my sig. This cab is very much a work in progress, but I do have "high" hopes for it. The flower area of the cab is roughly 54"wide x 12"deep x 30"tall. As of now, there is just a lonely 6 bulb 4ft t5 in there, but I plan to add 2 more bulbs. There is another section of the cab on the left, that is roughly 18"x24"x30" that will house the blower and scrubber and other electrical things. The screens will be modular, same way I did them in the garage cab, however this time each screen will be roughly only 1sq foot. There are 8 GG4's, so in total about 2ft x 4ft of screen, directly under the t5's.

This cab is in no way ideal, but using what I had around and all I really need to get yet is a smaller blower and scrubber, as mine are all overkill for this, even turned low on the speed controller.. But yeah, long story short, have some family staying with us, so the grow had to move to this.

So, brief history on the plants, they are roughly 5 weeks old as of writing this post, and when I took the cuttings, both myself and the cab really were not to ready, so I added some lite quano to my soiless mix so I wouldn't have to start teas right away. They were inoculated when put into solo cups, and topped a couple days later, and inoculated again when moved into the 1 gal pots 3 weeks give or take later, I really only gave them water up until this transplant to keep them smaller while I got more ready. When they went into the 1 gals, they got the first does of tea(emc, kelp, Alaskan forest humus, and molasses). Have been alternating that with the addition of bad and seabird guano ever since.

After a few days in the 1 gals, they got tied down for the time, and once again a couple days ago, and in about a week I will be inoculating and transplanting 1 more time into either 2 or 3 gal pots, I'm still not sure, at the time they will each receive their modular screens.

I really have no idea what to except for yield as I have never flowering with a t5, but have been scrogging for a handful of years now, so I have high hopes. Ive seen anywhere from 2 to 12 oz under a t5, and thats quite the range lol.

Tomorrow I plan to get the black/white polly in the cab, clean up the area, and will post some current pics, but I will post a few for now, I have been taking pics every 1 to 5 days lol.

Last edited by Med-Grower_TOm; 03-28-2019 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: Trying change title from Original to Gorilla, not sure how that one happened...
Med-Grower_TOm is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:12 PM #2
Med-Grower_TOm

Med-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to allMed-Grower_TOm is a name known to all

Old 03-24-2019, 10:21 PM #3
Med-Grower_TOm

Now, I was late watering once, and dont have fans in just yet, but they will be looking much better very soon.

*edit* not sure why it says "orginal glue" everywhere, instead of "Gor-illa Glue" */edit
*edit_2.0* okay I get it, I know what happened with the name, just didn't realize we couldn't type it here, so GG4 it is... */edit_2.0*

Last edited by Med-Grower_TOm; 03-25-2019 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: not sure why it says "orginal glue" everywhere, instead of "Original Glue"

Old 03-28-2019, 05:24 PM #4
Med-Grower_TOm

Small update, but that's them as of today, the wife been in hospital so dealing that and the kids, updates be a lil slow. But tomorrow goes up the white poly and they get their last transplant, and probably the screens will go up. Things are bout' to start cranking.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:07 PM #5
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
Just fyi, my doors are panda plastic with adhesive zippers. I also wanted to use velcro on the bottoms. The velcro adhesive stuck fine to the wooden door frame but would not adhere well to the panda plastic. Opening the bottom usually resulted in part of the velcro pulling away from the panda. Did away with it after three days.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Starkes Story: An LED Tale Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

browntrout's Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:28 PM #6
Med-Grower_TOm

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
resulted in part of the velcro pulling away from the panda
Thanks for the heads up, I post what I come up with its all said and done.

I did swap my big filter for a small 4" filter and inline fan today, just have to get a new speed controller and smaller 4" clamps and the exhaust will be done.

I misread the calendar, and it looks like the transplant will wait until Monday if I go with 3 gal pots, I have 2 gals pots now but not enough perlite or 3 gal pots to do that until Monday, I could do 2's tomorrow though but I'm still undecided on 2 or 3 gals. Leaning towards 3's, either way I will share pics of the soiless mix and transplanting when it happens.

Plans as of now, are doing the panda film tomorrow, except for the door, and if going to 3 gals doing the transplant, screens, exhaust, and poly door on Monday.

More to come soon, thanks for stopping by.

lol at how small this filter is compared to my 6" which was my small filter, I traded a buddy on of my 8" for this 4" and in line with it. Man its tiny haha

Last edited by Med-Grower_TOm; 03-28-2019 at 07:43 PM..

Old 03-31-2019, 04:40 PM #7
Med-Grower_TOm

Well, bout to take the kids to go visit the woman at the hospital, figured Ide share the last couple pics before tomorrows transplant, big changes come tomorrow, I can't wait. And as a bonus, a couple shots of the breeding room(not just for mj)

So yeah, gave them guano tea last night, and took off all the twist ties, and set the plants on the bottom of the cab instead of on top of the 2 gal pots, figured Ide let them stretch them selves out for the day before transplant and screens go up tomorrow. Big updates to come tomorrow, thanks for stopping by.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:25 AM #8
Med-Grower_TOm

Well, at this point the corners and edges are sealed in the cab, still have to attach the panda film, waiting until I get an new speed controller for the blower, maybe tomorrow. I picked up 2 zipper kits for the door, as well as some new 3 gal pots and all the pvc/fittings/eye hooks needed for the modular screens. I normally build them a bit a different, but when the screen is not much larger than the pots this how it had to be done, I'm still pleased with it. Will drill the holes for the eye hooks tomorrow and the transplant, I'm a gallon or two short on EWC to make enough soiless mix, so have to grab another bag tomorrow. Here are a few pics from yesterday/today to tide over until the rest is complete.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:13 AM #9
Med-Grower_TOm

updates coming soon, trying to wait to post them all at once, but here is one last one for now...I will just say though, that if I didn't already commit to the scrog for this in this thread, I would have just left them how they are, I feel that I topped them and lst enough that I would of done just fine, and I feel that with these screens my plants may be a bit over branched and will prolly have to cut back a lil more that I would of liked, and will have some dead space on on side but hoping to fill it with another fan..., but all and all it should still rock and again, updates very very soon.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:31 AM #10
Med-Grower_TOm

Well, I still havn't got around to getting up the panda film yet unfortunately, however I did transplant to the 3 gallon pot, and put the modular scrogs up. I'm not sure if I should lower the screens or not though. If I were to lower them 1 to 2 inches, they would be mostly filled up, if not ill have to wait a bit, and tie the bigger branches down to be even with the shorter ones and let them grow up together. I may make a new thread elsewhere to ask for thoughts on that part, but at this point I am leaning towards lowering the screens a lil bit.