Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Website Support > A map? Or a set of directions?

Thread Title Search
A map? Or a set of directions? Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2019, 04:51 AM #1
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
A map? Or a set of directions?

I keep seeing indications of site features, like buttons on every post that are mysteries, like journals and albums and diaries...where does one go to find these things, and find *about* these things?

I am pretty certain I have no idea what’s really available, or how to use it.

Ca ya help a brother out?
White Beard is online now Quote

Old 03-22-2019, 06:24 AM #2
BadTicket
ØG T®ipL3 ØG³

BadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant future
https://www.icmag.com/modules/Journal/
^ All journals

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php
^ All galleries

If you want to look at galleries or journals made by a specific member, click on their user name and there will be a pop-up with a link to "view member's forum galleries" or "visit member's journal", if they have galleries and/or journals that is.

Grow diaries have a sub-forum of their own:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65535

I have no idea about these mystery buttons on every post tho..? Don't think I've ever seen that stuff. Can you take a screen shot where these buttons show up, brother?

BadTicket is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:03 AM #3
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
Bottom right, next to the quote button
Top left, next to the date of the post.

Thanks for the pointers, I’ll go check ‘em out!
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!

Old 03-22-2019, 07:29 AM #4
BadTicket
ØG T®ipL3 ØG³

BadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant future
Bottom right, next to the quote button -> Quick reply button -> Multi-Quote button.
These are mysterious? Clicking on quick reply will take you to the bottom of the page where you can reply to a post like 2 seconds faster than you can reply to a post using the "post reply" button. Not that useful if you ask me, but there it is.

Multi-quote button is for quoting multiple posts at one go. Click on the multi-quote button on which ever posts you want to quote to highlight em, then click "post reply" and the quotes will all show up in your reply.

Top left, next to date of the post, thingy that looks like a small sim card?
If the sim card looking thing is blueish, that means it's an old post.
If it's orange, that means the post was made after you last visited the thread.

Or something like that..
We good?
BadTicket is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:11 PM #5
White Beard

We very good: I went exploring...and realized what I was looking for is available on the drop-downs up at the tippy-top of the page...

Thank you for your help orienting myself...and after three years of wandering around, too
(I do a *T*O*N* of reading...not so much the wandering about)

Old 03-22-2019, 06:03 PM #6
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
That's actually handy the little orange/blue icon that tells you if posts are new since last time in the thread. I never even noticed it over there.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote