What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Diy Quantum boards

warpese

Veteran
hi folks, i'm glad to show you my last job
20x rigid led strip with lm301b

picture.php

2x hlg-240h-30b

picture.php

some hardware and i made this

picture.php

still work :biggrin:

picture.php

warpese

Veteran
some wiring, I chose to wire each single strip in parallel to prevent voltage drop

picture.php

added 100k potentiometer and 2 cheap chinese multimeter

picture.php

picture.php

400W at full power

warpese

Veteran

St. Phatty

Very nice work !!!

Do you have a cat ? If the LED light can make them think it's sunlight, that's a good sign. As long as they don't eat your favorite seedling.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Pure Awesome!!
Looks amazing and great photos, thank you! :D

Thank you so much for sharing this, and I'm putting your thread in the Strip Lighting build section of my thread. Everyone deserves to see this. :tiphat:

warpese

Veteran
almost 4 week veg with 250W

almost 4 week veg with 250W

picture.php

picture.php

meanwhile i got a sonoff pow r2

picture.php

:tiphat:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Nice build!

Ive been doing side by sides now with DIY solstrip rigs and qbs for a few years and i feel like the better spread from strips works better and is more efficient. The kilowatt meter, PAR spread and weight seem to agree as well..

Building DIY rigs with these samsung strips is addictive,, theyre really cheap and you can use high quality components with no risk from the lack of housing of a professional light because the diodes only run at 40-50C.. and they are directed at a 120° angle so no need for reflectors..

warpese

Veteran
Nice build and plants are looking happy!
thank you Palindrome i think so :)

Gosh darned nice looking plants there. :D

eheheh thank you Douglas

Looks great!

:tiphat:

Nice build!

Ive been doing side by sides now with DIY solstrip rigs and qbs for a few years and i feel like the better spread from strips works better and is more efficient. The kilowatt meter, PAR spread and weight seem to agree as well..

Building DIY rigs with these samsung strips is addictive,, theyre really cheap and you can use high quality components with no risk from the lack of housing of a professional light because the diodes only run at 40-50C.. and they are directed at a 120° angle so no need for reflectors..

thanks, I like what you say bro :huggg:

first day flowering, let's see what will happen

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
This thread is awesome and you are awesome for making it. I'll have to come back once rep resets. Oh yeah where do you source your leds? Aliexpress or one of those websites?

warpese

Veteran
This thread is awesome and you are awesome for making it. I'll have to come back once rep resets. Oh yeah where do you source your leds? Aliexpress or one of those websites?

hi mate really aprreciate you, all of stuff from alibaba :tiphat:

methias

Strip led's

Strip led's

Nice setup,
I've been using led strip lighting for a bit now.
It's cheap and easy. I got a meanwell 12v 350watt switching driver, some sheet aluminum, and a variety of 50k, 40k, 30k white strips. I added red (come on 15 minutes before the other led's come on and stay on for an additional 15 minutes after the others shut off), and blue. Here is a pic of the light I just made for my clone station.

One advantage is that with so many leds, placed high, middle, and low, everywhere gets great penetration.:peacock: An additional advantage is that both my fans and leds are 12 volt so if the power to the fans fail the lights go off too. On top of that I put my lady on a turntable that rotates once every 8 minutes. Even the turntable motor is 12v.:woohoo:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351659
Currently I have a sour diesel in week 10 of flower.
This is my fourth or fifth grow with leds. Last one netted me over 5 oz dry after loosing the main top bud to fungus.
Flushing my SD now I expect to cut in a week.

Vape on