What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

am i over watering coco

R

Rab.C

sup icmag plants aint looking too great.slow growth and was thinking
i am over watering i am in 6.5ltr pots i was feeding every other day
but there needing fed everyday now should i give 1ltr lights on and 1ltr
2 hours before lights off. sorry for noob questions.Atb Rab

they are being fed EC1.4 next friday is week 5 and buds are Small

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I only ran coco 2 runs, but I'm pretty sure the only time you can overwater in coco is as a seedling. Once they have an established root system you should be able to throw whatever at them. I've seen people do huge run off in recirculating systems. Also I think I saw in another thread you let them dry out? I'm pretty sure that's a big no-no in coco. Soil needs a wet/dry cycle, but if coco dries out it can cause buildup of all the salts used in hydro nutrients.

R

Rab.C

hey Agentpothead i think i caught them in time they still had a small amount of water in them

Thanks Lester Beans this will be my first plants too reach and finish flower. i killed last seedlings by over watering them...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
:woohoo: I know I let mine run almost dry a few times and I still got a good harvest. I'm interested to see how these finish.

R

Rab.C

yeah agentpothead they are 4 weeks into flower and very small so i hope they bulk up
i will try my best atb Rab

R

Rab.C

Nice buds there Agentpothead i have around 6 weeks too go.so they might still bulk up a bit.i heard some strains can bulk up a bit in last 2 weeks.the barbara bud is bulking up good but bland smell.it smells a bit like liquorice

R

Rab.C

also i have been trying to keep temps 25c but read i can go high as 27c ? is this right

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
This is the chart I use, if it loads.
b4b9b1036f74c4a98b9957d6a9015121.jpg

FJ2000

The buds look fine, they swell as they get closer to the end. At 4 weeks your only half way there at a minimum right?
With coco run small pots filled out with roots. Smart pots air prune and create dense a rootball. Run nutrient solution daily at a minimum, prefably multiple time a light cycle. Letting the coco dry out will allow salts to form as the H2O evaporates, not a good scene. And no fresh water! Strips the coco of the cations, the newly established free sites will steal calmag from your nute solution and deficiencies develop. Your not overwatering....
Good luck!

R

Rab.C

Thanks FJ200 I Just fed them today at 1200ml and got 200ml run off.i plan on feeding twice a day now at 1200ml once 1 hour after lights on and another 1200ml at 3 hours before lights off...worth a try to see how it works for them. just trying to do my best...Atb Rab

al70

Veteran
if you haven't time to mix nutes just calmag you're water, p.h. and feed, you'll be fine, wont ruin the cation, goodluck.

R

Rab.C

if you haven't time to mix nutes just calmag you're water, p.h. and feed, you'll be fine, wont ruin the cation, goodluck.

hi al70 due too health reasons i am home 24/7 so i can mix nutrients no problem.thanks Rab

al70

Veteran
i run 35 plants in my 8x4 tent, water/feed twice a week, coco never completely drys but my plants are happy as f;'k, sometimes when i have no time to mix i just throw carbonated bottled water that i have at home for myself in without runoff, they f./';;g love it, i love 6.5 liter pots, they're best for indoor, i have never fed twice a day in coco, might as well go complete hydro, coco is a kind of hydro, salt build up is all you have to worry about but i dont see any need to feed twice a day, some guys feed multiple times a day in coco, but with 35 plants thats not going to happen in my house, feed them what they need, the plant will tell you when it's hungry, goodluck.

Latest posts

Latest posts