Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Cannabiogen > TASKENTI X SATORI (F1)

Thread Title Search
TASKENTI X SATORI (F1) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2019, 07:52 PM #1
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
TASKENTI X SATORI (F1)

Hi Cannabiogen aficionados,
this thread is all about this F1 cross I got from an old member here, sprouted two seeds, only one made it(was a very cold january) and this plant seems to me like being a female. Not a confirmed one but there are signs it's not a male
So the sad reality is, if it's a female I'll be very happy and carry on until the finish, if it's a male, he'll be kept to slightly dust my other plants(Panalawi clone and PurplePCK x Panama) and later discarded.

Taskenti(Cannabiogen) X Satori(Mandala)

The plant(s) had a cold and tight grow space so this one is not yet in great shape but will recover soon as I put her in a nice organic mix and trying to keep the temperatures high enough for a normal vegetative phase.

There are clear signs of underfeeding but the leaf veins started to get a deeper green color, it's a sign of pumping N into the leaves and hopefully she'll start growing properly and vigorously asap.
I expect the plant to be fairly vigorous as the combined genetics are both pretty isolated and inbred enough to get some F1 magic.

Never tried Taskenti before, also never tried Satori so I'm jumping into the unknown, and I like it This cross is actually my first grow with any proper Cannabiogen genetics(although in F1 cross), and I'm sincerely a bit ashamed it only happened now.

Hopefully the next update will reveal the plant's sex, of course I'll keep my fingers crossed it's a female.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:22 PM #2
White Beard

White Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond repute
My inexperienced eye tells me that she’s still robust despite the issues you mention, I think you’re off to a good start.
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:01 PM #3
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Yeah WhiteBeard,
she(or he??) seems to be recovering very well and is surely a vigorous beast.
The leaves are very wide to what I'm used to(sativa lover), I already pruned the bottom growth to concentrate on the top and eventually to take a couple clones, if she proves to be a lady.

Taskenti X Satori, recovering

The pruned parts have a delightful medicinal herbal smell, surely a great combo of parents. I really hope this one turns to be a female

Cheers

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:38 PM #4
geneva_sativa

geneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant futuregeneva_sativa has a brilliant future
looking forward to this !
geneva_sativa is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2019, 10:45 AM #5
Carraxe

Carraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to behold
Which kind of weed is Satori? Mixes I've made with Taskenti have been Taskenti leaning and very nice. Also, if you want to test some Taskenti, I can send you some. I'm working on them.

Cheers
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2019, 01:11 PM #6
Koondense

Hey Carraxe,
Satori is by Mandala and is supposed to be a nepalese hybrid of high potency and overall praised character of effect.
Not sure how it mixes with taskenti, i never tried any of the two lines, this plant is just to experiment a bit and was sprouted mostly because i thought it might handle well the cold season indoors. Thanks for the Taskenti seed offer, i might contact you in the future about it. Also i follow your breeder diaries with interest, very nice work by the way!

Cheers

Old 02-26-2019, 01:28 PM #7
Carraxe

Carraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to behold
My work with Taskenti is based in its special effect, very physical. That's why I ask what Satori is. I've noticed that mixes with Taskenti tend to lose its special effect but they might gain in flavor and production.

I've tried to use pure indicas to add new genes to the mix but they usually stay behind. Taskenti is the best in its field.

Good luck
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM #8
gunsofbrixton

gunsofbrixton will become famous soon enoughgunsofbrixton will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carraxe View Post
My work with Taskenti is based in its special effect, very physical. That's why I ask what Satori is. I've noticed that mixes with Taskenti tend to lose its special effect but they might gain in flavor and production.

I've tried to use pure indicas to add new genes to the mix but they usually stay behind. Taskenti is the best in its field.

Good luck
Do you have any cannabanoid tests on the strain?
gunsofbrixton is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 PM #9
Carraxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsofbrixton View Post
Do you have any cannabanoid tests on the strain?

There are some test results in the Taskenti thread in CBG.
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 02-27-2019, 12:51 AM #10
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
Wow look at that cabbage the leaves are as wide as they are long. In the 60 and 70s people would grow Central Asian hashplant types to fool law enforcement they'd only seen the extremely narrow leaf types that were in fashion at the time.

You're used to growing long season tropical strains my advice is to feed the thing until you think it'll puke. I gave the same advice to Orfeas one time when he was growing a hybrid, they love to eat. Fat leaves, fat plant. Not just nitrogen, they need quite a bit of K as well. Plus magnesium, P, and some other micro nutrients. I know s(he)'s already under the weather from cold and such but when she snaps back to health she'll still need it. I'd feed every week or two and give her lots of root space. I've had a hell of a time keeping these sort of plants fed, especially when they tend the leaves tend to variegate. No matter how much I'd feed they'd keep clawing and losing color demanding more!

You want a very dark green, you'll see other shades of colors but they're usually signs of deficiency. It's easy to be fooled by a bluish-medium green (mag deficency) especially when you're used to tropical thin leaves where a medium green is a sign of health. Another sign is clawing notice how the leaves are curling under? K and mag. Easy to recognize if you're a sensitive grower. They're so responsive when fed they'll snap out of it in a couple days and grow like a beanstalk.

I've always been interested in Satori I've smoked but never grown. Mandala says it's straight Nepalese but I'm guessing there's some Afghan in there. Too potent to be straight Nepali. I noticed Carraxe said Tashkent will lose it's unique effects, probably take on the high of the strain it's been crossed with. I've seen this happen with other wide leaf types.

For you it may be a good thing if you don't like the strong body effects of the Tashkent. You'd get the wide leaved vigor along with a more Nepalese type high of the Satori. One of the reasons there's wide leaf drug genes in so many strains. Although Satori is a potent one as well.
therevverend is offline Quote