Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Website Support > Capturing Sound off a Netflix DVD

Thread Title Search
Capturing Sound off a Netflix DVD Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2019, 07:05 PM #1
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Capturing Sound off a Netflix DVD

I want to somehow download the sound off a Netflix DVD.

There is a song I don't know the name of, that I want to use in a Powerpoint type presentation.

I have captured sound files off of audio CD's in the past, using Windows media player or something like that.

Perhaps one option is buying Camtasia.
https://www.techsmith.com/store/camt..._term=camtasia

$250.

I have Audacity from Soundforge. I also have some sound file format converter programs.

So I can work with almost any audio format for the raw audio.

The best I've been able to get so far is using a microphone and Sound Recorder on a laptop next to the computer that is playing the song.

That's LOW-FI.

Does anybody know a low-cost way to get the Hi-fi version of the audio ?

I am trying to get the name of the song. But it's not in the credits.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 07:12 PM #2
944s2

944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor944s2 is a survivor
What’s the programme called mate?,,
I have a look when I know,,,s2
944s2 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:54 PM #3
OakyJoe
OGJoe

OakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud of
OakyJoe has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
There is a song I don't know the name of, that I want to use in a Powerpoint type presentation.
Did you checked the soundtrack infos around the web for it?

luposolitario: when the devil caresses you wants something

WHIPEDMEAT: only dumbs clone from 12/12

When you was inside watching Netflix
I was in the crop house wiring electrics

Sometimes people get more high on stories than plants

Das maximale Volumen subterraner Agrarprodukte ist reziprok proportional zur intellektuellen Kapazität des Produzenten

Life is better than you can even imagine.
Life is everything.
Life is love.

I'm free from your spell
Oh I'm free, free, free now
I'm free from your spell
And now that it's all over
All I can do is wish you well
  • Plants require 18 essential nutrients to grow and survive, classified by their importance into macronutrients (C, H, O, N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S) and micronutrients (B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Zn, Mo, Cl, Co, Ni). Study Tip!
  • Nutrients may be mobile or immobile in the plant and in the soil, which influences redistribution of nutrients and display of deficiency symptoms, and the fertilization of crops.
OakyJoe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:49 PM #4
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
You got an android phone? If you do the ok google thing to get it to voice search, and it hears a song in the background it will pop up in the bottom an icon and if you click that it will listen for 5-10 seconds then identify the song. I've had great luck with it even grabbing underground rap that nobody would know.
https://www.greenbot.com/article/287...d-the-web.html
This will only work if it's a "real" song though. If it's part of the score and was made for the show/movie it won't find it. Then your best bet is ripping it directly from whatever scenes the song plays in. What is the name of the show/movie and what is the timestamp of the song?
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 11:28 PM #5
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
You got an android phone? If you do the ok google thing to get it to voice search, and it hears a song in the background it will pop up in the bottom an icon and if you click that it will listen for 5-10 seconds then identify the song.

This will only work if it's a "real" song though. If it's part of the score and was made for the show/movie it won't find it. Then your best bet is ripping it directly from whatever scenes the song plays in. What is the name of the show/movie and what is the timestamp of the song?
I have an Android phone, but I never use the Android part - I just use it as a camera. I could take it somewhere where there's a wireless network and then, if I bought a new laptop, play the sound.

That sounds a little involved.

It's Breaking Bad, the episode named "Breakage".

2nd season, 5th Episode. About 12:50 before the end.

It's the music sound-track they play when Jesse's friends are outselling meth.

Literally, it's the meth-selling music.

It's a great little song.

(Degrees F)

Old 02-15-2019, 11:52 PM #6
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
This may help you and I think your song is Peanut Vendor.

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Breakage

Featured Music:

Hook 'Em Horns by Johnny Ringo (playing in Jesse's new car as he pulls up outside Jane's apartments)

Schraderbräu by Dean Norris (as Hank) (Hank sings as he bottles his home brew, Schraderbräu, in his garage)

Lonesome Road by Big Jack Johnson (with Kim Wilson and Pinetop Perkins) (in the background, outside at Hank and Marie's house)

Peanut Vendor by Alvin Red Tyler (during the montage where Badger, Combo, and Skinny Pete sell the meth)

Peanut Vendor - Alvin Red Tyler

If that's the song click here and download it for free.

https://video.genyoutube.net/0PpBB0ZJM3s

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:16 AM #7
kalopatchkid

kalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nicekalopatchkid is just really nice
There are a few different apps like shazam or soundhound that you can use to identify songs.
kalopatchkid is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2019, 02:16 AM #8
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Pretty sure Trout nailed it.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:49 PM #9
Stizo

Stizo will become famous soon enough
Audio hijack. Think the company is Amoeba. Free to rip soundfrom any app if under a few minutes
Stizo is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 04:06 AM #10
St. Phatty

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizo View Post
Audio hijack. Think the company is Amoeba. Free to rip soundfrom any app if under a few minutes
Thanks everybody, and Welcome Stizo !

Amoeba so far only writes for the Mac, but it's good to know.

I re-read the Sound Recorder instructions. Sounds like it's rather microphone oriented.

Anyway, I downloaded 2 or 3 Youtube's of Peanut Vendor. Some of them are definitely higher-fi than the others.

Separated out the audio, using AVS Audio Converter maybe.

Also I'm downloading iTunes. It looks like I can buy the song from Apple

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/th...00?i=370928568

(Degrees F)