Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Growing high CBD strains.

Thread Title Search
Growing high CBD strains. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2019, 12:00 PM #1
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
Growing high CBD strains.

Do high CBD strains require as much high intensity light as growing high THC strains? Do the males also have high CBD?
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 12:02 PM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
I expect light intensity should be the same regardless what the Cannabinoid profile is.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:56 PM #3
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I expect light intensity should be the same regardless what the Cannabinoid profile is.
That is what I was afraid of. May have to limit to outdoors due to cost of electric.
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 01:58 PM #4
Loc Dog

What about smell? Does hemp or other high CBD smell as much as high THC?
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 03:13 PM #5
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc Dog View Post
What about smell? Does hemp or other high CBD smell as much as high THC?
not sure about smell while growing, but a friend that has tried the hemp cigarettes on the market now tells me that the taste & aroma as you smoke them is identical to good weed.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:10 PM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Let's just say folks have been growing high CBD cannabis for decades without knowing it. It grows the same, smells the same and behaves the same as high THC cannabis of the same strain.

Treat it the same and you'll not be disappointed.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:23 AM #7
Dawn Patrol
Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored

Dawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Let's just say folks have been growing high CBD cannabis for decades without knowing it. It grows the same, smells the same and behaves the same as high THC cannabis of the same strain.

Treat it the same and you'll not be disappointed.
I'm growing some Medicine Cookies and Atonic Net. Ended up with 5 females of the former and 3 of the latter. All are very fragrant and terps are clearly there.

Haven't harvested or tried any yet but will have an idea in about 45 days on both.

See some of my girls

Gainesville Green - my first true love

Whats going on in my grow cab???
Dawn Patrol is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:35 PM #8
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc Dog View Post
Do high CBD strains require as much high intensity light as growing high THC strains? Do the males also have high CBD?
Yes, males have high CBD (pollen sacs)
Smell....not nearly like other Skunk, or aromatic strains.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770

Last edited by aridbud; 02-01-2019 at 05:22 PM..
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2019, 01:48 AM #9
TruffleButler

TruffleButler will become famous soon enough
I bought some cbd buds for my mom from Tweedle farms out of Oregon, that shit was absolutely disgusting. Wouldn't let her vape it. Bought her a omnivong and everything. Cant believe what people are smoking. How do you grow weed that tastes so bad. Tried 5 farms, all tastes like dirty air and stagnant mountain streams full of rotting tree leaves. "Oh just call it earthy".

Not the strains fault, my only experience with cbd has been commercial bullshit. Even though I know better, cbd strains have always left a bad taste in my mouth (literally). See how easy it is? Fucking garbage weed is an epidemic.

Honestly the whole cbd industry seems shady as fuck. 7 phenos in a bag and it's all got the same Cannabinoid profile? Harlequin crossed with Sour Diesel = zero thc in EVERY seed? Terp results dont add up and the date is different from Cannabinoid results?

Where do you get seeds that aren't a fraudulent waste of time? Moms don't do thc.. And i dont do clones.
TruffleButler is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2019, 02:06 AM #10
Rab.C

Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
hey Cbdman can you message yet ? jusy asking because i cant i even email the site 2 times
no responce
Rab.C is offline Quote