Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Vast majority of people can't identify fake news

Thread Title Search
Vast majority of people can't identify fake news Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2019, 09:28 PM #1
KONY

KONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud of
Vast majority of people can't identify fake news

https://www.bu.edu/research/articles...fake-news-era/

Fascinating stuff. Even more so that the majority of people fooled were Democrats and Independents.
KONY is online now Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 09:52 PM #2
XXX_710

XXX_710 has a spectacular aura aboutXXX_710 has a spectacular aura aboutXXX_710 has a spectacular aura aboutXXX_710 has a spectacular aura about
I wish it was like in the early days of television when they would go.. "And now, a word from our sponsor.." It's easy to miss the transition to commercial because it is near seamless at times.
XXX_710 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:35 PM #3
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Wink

interesting take on the article. did you read it? nowhere did i see (read it twice) anything you claim. it DID say that the majority of people fooled were older, less educated, and read the news primarily for entertainment. it also said that most people that detected the fake were younger & better educated. want to guess which of these descriptions points at average voters of which political party?

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:47 AM #4
KONY

KONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud ofKONY has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
interesting take on the article. did you read it? nowhere did i see (read it twice) anything you claim. it DID say that the majority of people fooled were older, less educated, and read the news primarily for entertainment. it also said that most people that detected the fake were younger & better educated. want to guess which of these descriptions points at average voters of which political party?

I guess you missed the big graph here, do you have images disabled maybe??

KONY is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:10 AM #5
Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud of
Education is no indicator of intelligence.
I Blue my mind.
Slim Pickens is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:11 AM #6
prune

prune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really nice
Ya, I think that graph just reflects that most people are ashamed to identify as repugs these days...
prune is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 03:21 AM #7
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
So, the general public lacks critical thinking skills.

Such a small sampling, 738 people, lol

Old 01-20-2019, 11:56 PM #8
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONY View Post

View Image
no, i saw the graph. it shows how people that participated in the poll identified as to party. it DOES NOT show that those were the percentages of people that could not tell real from fake news. perhaps a refresher course in reading comprehension might be in your future?

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:46 AM #9
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Nice burn.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:57 AM #10
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONY View Post

View Image
Did you start this thread to complain about how other people can't read any more and then get distracted by the big, eye catching graphic along the way? Are you serious or is this some kinda comedy routine?
There used to be some good guerrilla theater acts in the parking lots at the dead shows in the 1980s, the group of hippies fighting over the last quaalude was my favorite, big respect if you were involved in that one.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.