What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got Root aphids fungus gnats and springtails

sc1

So I checked my dirt today 7 days after transplanting to new containers with new dirt and found they were already infested with fungus gnat larvae a few root aphids and some springtails. I have tried everything I can think of to get the bugs out of my dirt but have not been successful.
I have drenched with gnatrol, mosquito dunks, and organicide. Applied de and used mulch. At best they just get slowed down. Actually everything ceased activity for a week or so then they just come right back. Im looking for something I can do to prevent the infestations. Im probably going to switch out the topsoil again in a day or so. But who knows how I’ll keep them from getting in my dirt again. Does Anyone have an idea for a preventative measure?

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Springtails aren't a problem, I think . For fungus gnats I advice using s-f-nematodes (steinernema feltiae). They also work against thrips to some extent.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Spinosadin a-d highest percentage you can afford and submerge pots in 5 gallon bucket 2 times a week..

Spray toiwt bowl holes and washing machine drains and sink overflows.

Cvh

Supermod
Maybe you're overwatering.
Be sure to let your soil dry out between waterings.

Imo mulch layers indoors have the tendency to keep your topsoil layer to wet.
It's in that area that the gnats thrive. It's for this reason I don't like to use mulch layers for indoor grows.

Also hang some yellow sticky papers for the flying gants.

Latest posts

Latest posts