You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > How much Cal-Mag

Thread Title Search
-
How much Cal-Mag Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2019, 08:26 PM #1
browntrout

browntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of light
How much Cal-Mag

Wondering how much cal-mag you folks use?

I've noticed some Textbook deficiency on 1/5th of seed plants in the form of brown/rusty spotting.

I usually air on the side of caution and use 1/4 - 1/2 dose nutrients either organic mostly or some synthetic.

I was using RO water but have been using spring water (70-90ppm) for last 3 waters. I've used CaliMagic twice so far in the last month

How often would you need to supplement Cal/Mag at 80ppm, assuming nutrients only have trace-moderate amounts?

Is it better to micro-dose with every watering or full amounts every other or third water?

Curious as to what works for you guys.

Plants are 6+/- weeks old 1-gal pots in Sunshine 4 / Pro-mix combo

Old 01-16-2019, 08:34 PM #2
browntrout

browntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of light
Also what kind of ppm would you look for with what dosage?

Old 01-16-2019, 08:36 PM #3
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
I have been using Cal/Mag as a tonic with every watering. I use a smaller measure then the bottle recommends so I don't get nute locked. So far it is working for me. I used to struggle with Cal/Mag deficiency sometimes so I hope this works.
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 08:48 PM #4
Putembk

Putembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond reputePutembk has a reputation beyond repute
I use 7 1/2 mil/gal (1 1/2tsp). I also cut it completely our 30 days before harvest. Cal/mag makes the smoke harsh if you use it all the way through.
Putembk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:03 PM #5
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
I use it once a week at recommended levels but, supplement with potassium from week 4 of flower. A potassium deficiency is often misdiagnosed as a cal-mag def. I had an issue, not anymore.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 PM #6
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to all
Most coco based nutriets have lots of cal/mag in them. Calcium is usually 3-4% and Magnesium is 1-2% depending on the brand.

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 PM #7
browntrout

FYI 0.5ml/L or 10ml/20L is giving me a total of 210ppm up from 90ppm base. so a full dose (1ml/L) should be in the 330ppm range.

They haven't gotten many "straight water" feedings, but nothing strong either.

Any concern of toxicity? I'm under the impression Calcium / Magnesium are much harder to overfeed than NPK no?