You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > CANNABIS TIME CAPSULE

Thread Title Search
CANNABIS TIME CAPSULE Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM #1
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
CANNABIS TIME CAPSULE

Hello my icmag friends.
I am looking to hear your opinions and thoughts on what should be in a cannabis time capsule.
In recent stories I have read. Several ancient burial sites have been found with cannabis and seeds inside of them. While the plants were ceremonial there wasn't any attempt at preserving them.

With today's technology the ability to preserve genetics long term is greatly improved over ancient times. Ways to preserve???
Our culture should also be included. I'm thinking about Pink Floyd and Bob Marley albums , Cheech and Chong movies. What else???

I plan to use a casket vault or similar container. I will bury the vault in the spring of 2020.

What would you like to see in an ancient hippie stash?
What genetics should be included?

What items should be a cultural symbol?
I have a year to get it together. Please share what you would leave?
What types of cultures will exist in a thousand years? Is this a bad idea and a waste of money and time?
Peace MedDakotabis

Last edited by farmerlion; 01-20-2019 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Spelling
farmerlion is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:28 AM #2
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
I have a signed by Howard Marks 'Mr Nice' book - and the first edition in print of International Cannagraphic Magazine - I could donate.

Sounds like a fun idea.

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:16 AM #3
kaochiu

kaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant futurekaochiu has a brilliant future
In all rigour, maybe a donut, a bag of doritos or a stale pizza slice. A grinder, and a printed thread on G13 origins. Music could also add Brotherhood of Man's "Don't bogart that joint" and Musical Youth's "Pass the Dutchie". "Psychedelic Afrogirl smoking joint" and Bob Marley's posters. Freak Bros. comic. Pic of Phelps hitting bong and maybe the one with Obama too. Oaksterdam's enrolment requirements and Amsterdam's coffee-shop menu.
Man, unless most of it goes in a memory stick you'll end up needing one of those Maersk ship containers.

Actually, the universal language is not English, but poorly spoken English (GGM)
kaochiu is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:36 PM #4
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

a cd of the movie "easy rider", film from Woodstock of Hendrix playing "the star-spangled banner", Monty Pythons "in search of the Holy Grail", the collected works of Gilbert Shelton, some REAL columbian redbud seeds packed in nitrogen so they would (hopefully) still sprout, and the clip from the concert in Central Park with Art Garfunkel singing "bridge over troubled waters" for approximately 500,000 people. fucking incredible! cool thread, see a bit of agreement on stuff, lol.

Last edited by armedoldhippy; 01-16-2019 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: my english teacher spins like a top...
armedoldhippy is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:02 PM #5
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
Gypsy your support is more than kind. Thank you

I didn't mention the genetics will be vacuum sealed in neon tubing. I'm working on getting military dog tags in stainless steel to mark each strain. While I have a full year to prepare. I will document each step as I go.
I made a cross last season of Lebanese x Auto Malawi. I will be doing a cross this season as well. I have three regular strains I will select a Male from. ( Lebanese, Highland Nepalese) Landrace and one ibl of Oaxaca x Highland Nepalese. Which ever has the best Male will pollinate one of five mother phenotypes of a Auto Zamaldelica. The mother will be selected during the season. I will have a full thread again for 2019 in North Dakota section of State forums and one in the Ace seeds forums.
Peace MedDakotabis

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:07 PM #6
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Armeroldhippie, I have Easy Riders. Great call! I may as well part with Blazing Saddles and Animal House too. Thanks for stopping by.
Peace

Old 01-16-2019, 09:23 PM #7
Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud ofSlim Pickens has much to be proud of
I'd have to give this some further thought,but no time Cannabis Time Capsule would be complete without a roach clip,and a rolled up matchbook cover (singed on the business end of course). No explanation for that should be included.Every time capsule should have a mystery piece.
I Blue my mind.
Slim Pickens is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:15 AM #8
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Hey Slim, for whatever reason I have kept my old cell phones for the last 15 years or so. I thought about putting them in a ammo box. But I don't think I should introduce acid from the batteries into the capsule even if I think it is seperated.
I have a huge American flag my grandfather was given during WW2. I will place that in there as well.

Gypsy has offered some great items. I'm sure by the spring of 2020 there will be many more. I'm hoping some people will offer unique and rare Landrace and hybrid genetics. I just spoke with the people at Mydogtags.com they seem interested in this story/endeavor.

I will make a list of genetics I'm donating out of my library at a later time.
Peace. MedDakotabis

Old 01-17-2019, 12:29 AM #9
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
Besides seeds, weed and hash.
A bong, lighter, grinder, papers, tips, baggies,... The regular smoking paraphernalia.

And also lots of pictures about stoners.

Some grow books and grow equipement.

Cvh is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 01:51 AM #10
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Cvh, nice call brother. I like the grow books. I have mine borrowed out to some people right now. My grow equipment I may be using this season if I have males indoors. I have one or two 600 watt HPS lights and transformers that could be replaced. This would be their fourth season of use. I can get rid of some old bulbs too.
Peace