Greetings ladies and gentleman!
Welcome to the Temple of Ganja!
I will be opening this Diary to document this years projects. We will be focusing the first half of the year on pheno hunting. We will be exploring some of the finest cannabis genetics and looking for a few keepers to be able to start breeding with them!
I grow on a roughly 3 meter by 1 meter DIY grow cab, nothing fancy, mostly wood studs and reflectix as walls, pond liner as floor, COB LEDs (Veros 29 g7) as light and an inline 6" fan as exhaust blowing through the carbon filter.
I ran just about 600W of LEDs, I have 12 COB's each connected to a passive heat sink @50w each. Each COB sits directly above a 15 gallon smart pot. Usually 12 total. Right now I have 11 of them and 3 3 gallon square plastic pots.
I run organic soil mostly water only, coots modified mix...
Some of the genetics I'm running this round:
Blueberry (indica) x Snow Lotus
Mendo Purps x SSDD (tester)
Apple Turnover (wedding cake x apple juice)
Albert Super Tramp
Real Gorilla Seeds:
Im also running a few of my seeds, a few Granola Funks F2s and some Dreamhead (SSDD x Headbanger) F1s and F2s, in search of the cheetos pheno...
Im running around 3 to 7 plants per pot and I vegged them around 1 month. There are plenty of plants right now, I should narrow them down to around half in a few weeks when I remove the males. Males will be cut at the base before dropping pollen and moved to another area for pollen collection.
I plan on making a lots of pollen chucks this round. Lots of f2s as well.
Some of the crosses I plan on making:
Chem Kesey x HP-D
Miles Davis x Black Triangle
Albert Super Tramp x Black Triangle
Chocolope x Black Triangle
Chocolope x Blueberry Snow
Chem Kesey x Black Triangle
gg4 x HPD
Today is day 0 of flower at 11/13 lights schedule. I will be taking clones once they sex, that way it should slow the clones down till it reverses to veg mode again... that should be less maintenance to keep them happy until the run is over and I'm able to smoke test to pick the real winners.
My last run was my first run on this room and I was pretty happy with how it worked out. I had some pest issues and vacation time which forced me to reset and start with fresh genetics and fresh soil mix. Bugs seem to be gone. A few weeks ago I released several predator mites (cucumeris, persimilis and chryso) just to be safe and not run into any problems. So far so good (knock on wood)
Some of you might know me from the outdoor section, some may know me from the micro section, some may never heard of me, its all good, I'm here to help, if you have any questions please ask. 90% of what I learned has been through ICMAG and its only right to give it back!
Pics to drop soon!