What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sourcing unstocked strains

C&O

Hi, C&O here.

Spent a disgusting amount of time looking through seedbanks and old forum posts for a few specific strains, unstocked, discontinued, whatever the case may be, how do I get my hands on something that cannot be bought?

Examples:"Scooby Snacks","Chemdawg","C99", Forum cut, GSC, Tahoe, Dos-i-do.

Need to know how I might obtain such strains, other than starting from OG "X" and crossing back n forth.

Feel free to mention any of your personal sought after white whale strains, I'd love to hear, would kill for a smoked cherry or grape if such a thing exists... *deep thoughts in progress*

C&O.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
In the mid 70s I knew a guy who grew 10k or more every year for SC. But he's long gone. Bikers were not known for breeding and genetic preservation. But it was his seed stash that was interesting. There's no chance in hell of getting any of those strains. Probably all sorts of interesting stuff.

I know a few old bikers but they grow and smoke anything.

grayeyes

For a cherry flavor there is always Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb sold now by Swami or our own Verdant Green. Seed sellers offer grape in many forms as hybrids.

Good luck.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
There is so much available nowadays you surely will find something you like, if not the heirlooms you seek!

Maybe Bodhi seeds is s good place to start, a really wide variety to choose from!! Heirlooms, landraces, elites all come together.

Seed Banks are not always where it will be.. I can't toss links, or even direction to. But do know that the majority of the listed is available from several sources and people now vend online with a lot more than the banks have.

Spaventa

Veteran
If the strain you want is not available, look for the qualities you liked in something that is available. That’s all you can do unless you know someone who can supply a clone.
I’d give up every strain I have for another pack of 2003 Regular seeds GHS Neville’s Haze but that’s not happening so I look for the traits I liked in it in the strains that are available. No luck so far because it’s a relatively uncommon terpene profile.
Best of luck in your quest for your grail.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
If you want those in a pure form then you have to get cuts or accept that someone will have used a father and to lock down an IBL of something takes a huge amount of work which is why very few sell IBL seeds.

The other option is S1s.. some guys like csi humboldt do s1s occasionally, which is really useful for the millions with no access to cuts.

You can find an awesome version of most of those things.. Archive rereleased dosidos i think as an f2,, thats on sale.. they will all come back around. There are so many awesome chemdawg crosses.. shit tons of c99 stuff out there. Tahoe is more difficult but that has never existed in seed form and cookies.. the world is awash with cookies and incrosses,, how much selection do you want?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, C&O here.

Spent a disgusting amount of time looking through seedbanks and old forum posts for a few specific strains, unstocked, discontinued, whatever the case may be, how do I get my hands on something that cannot be bought?

Examples:"Scooby Snacks","Chemdawg","C99", Forum cut, GSC, Tahoe, Dos-i-do.

Need to know how I might obtain such strains, other than starting from OG "X" and crossing back n forth.

Feel free to mention any of your personal sought after white whale strains, I'd love to hear, would kill for a smoked cherry or grape if such a thing exists... *deep thoughts in progress*

C&O.

C99 is available and I'm not sure about Scooby Snacks but the rest of the others you have listed there are clone only varieties. If you're in the right place at the right time they may fall into your lap.