in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Water temperatures

Thread Title Search
Water temperatures Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2018, 08:16 AM #1
00bladerunner

00bladerunner will become famous soon enough
Water temperatures

Just starting to think a bit about water temperatures and what others are doing. I hand water in promix, and now the weather is cooling off a bit, my water seems to be at around 60 f. Seems a bit cool to me, is that gonna hurt or shock anything? If so what type of heaters do you use to raise the water temp?
00bladerunner is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 02:22 PM #2
GNW

GNW will become famous soon enoughGNW will become famous soon enoughGNW will become famous soon enough
60 degrees F water is perfectly fine to water with. I water with much colder H20 than that with no ill effects. Room temp is likely best but unless you're doing hydro I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
GNW is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 02:38 PM #3
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nice
My Aunt Margaret got me started when I was a little kid. Growing African Violets. She taught me to always water with slightly warm water. Been doing it ever since to all my plants.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:45 PM #4
Creeperpark

Creeperpark will become famous soon enoughCreeperpark will become famous soon enough
Smile temporary water wilt

If you put your water in your living room in a 5 gallon bucket 24 hrs before you water, it would be better. When I match my room temps with the plants in pots they don't wilt very much, just after watering. If I use colder water than the soil temps my indicas will wilt for a long while. Sometimes taking 12 hrs to recover. Its doesn't bother some growers! It does me.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2018, 04:36 AM #5
00bladerunner

Ok. Thanks for the input. I don't seem to be having any problems with the cooler water yet, but it has been cooling off quite a bit lately. I may try to put my buckets in the grow room and see how that works out. So do you find that you RH increases much with the water sitting in the grow room?

Old 11-22-2018, 04:18 PM #6
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Cold water is supposed to absorb oxygen better.

If you're up to the extra routine, bubblers in the cold water is even better.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2018, 07:16 PM #7
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Leave your water in your room overnight. My 48gal drum is in an unheated garage.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:48 PM #8
Creeperpark

Creeperpark will become famous soon enoughCreeperpark will become famous soon enough
Wink No

It doesn't change the humidity. I like to keep a large open bucket in my grow. I have to be careful and not have any accidental spills. I try to keep it full all the time!
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2018, 09:25 PM #9
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Rain in nature is cool. Plants seem to like it.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2018, 09:37 AM #10
00bladerunner

Beauty. Thanks for all the responses. I haven't noticed any problems yet, so I think I'll just continue doing what I'm doing for now. I was just a little concerned because the temperature dropped quite a bit over the last few weeks.