Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > straight from a pyschatrists mouth: sativa is bad for antipsychotics users

Thread Title Search
straight from a pyschatrists mouth: sativa is bad for antipsychotics users Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2018, 04:24 AM #1
larry badiner

larry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the rough
straight from a pyschatrists mouth: sativa is bad for antipsychotics users

you heard it from Larry, I switched from indica from sativa from a heavy antipsychotic regime and I feel so much better

this doctor works with a medicare insured company and sadly I cannot give out any names or relevant info

I may not be as creative as I can normally be, I'm more sedated but I can think clearer and im less paranoid

I can also help tune out voices better

after this crop of auto bubblegum im growing nothing but indica, leaving the sativa for special occasion

the best I can imagine would be a 20/80 sativa indica with a lot of cbd for me, so ill be hitting the seeds

good luck and happy holidays

my best advice to impatient growers is get medicaid, score anti anxiety pills, or get a pell grant and buy a qp
sponsored by diazapam

remember to apply the scientific method to your grows!
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...entific-method
larry badiner is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:37 AM #2
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
I'm definitely happy for you, that things are going better, but I've gotta wonder about the doctor's perspective. Offhand I would have to think it isn't based off hard data (not too many studies on that topic that I'm aware of), but if it works, it works!
yardgrazer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 AM #3
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry badiner View Post
you heard it from Larry, I switched from indica from sativa from a heavy antipsychotic regime and I feel so much better

this doctor works with a medicare insured company and sadly I cannot give out any names or relevant info

I may not be as creative as I can normally be, I'm more sedated but I can think clearer and im less paranoid
I have 3 Sativas in this year's harvest and one Indica. The Indica has a fair amount of Sativa in its ancestry.

The Indica is definitely the one for me, this year. Blueberry Headband x Blue Widow x Silver Kush magic.

When I tried smoking the first Sativa, it was too much. Plenty of head buzz but no body relaxation.

I've never met anybody who didn't like Romulan (Indica, Federation, 2004 vintage).

There are some Indica's that just "tick all the boxes" and have a relaxing body feel but still make you want to do stuff, like go to the beach.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 06:23 AM #4
Mengsk

Mengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of lightMengsk is a glorious beacon of light
Indica or hashplants I think can have a quality of more resin production. This might offset the perception of sativa since it isn't easy to compare 8-9% to 20% thc. As far as their effect, I'm not sure if this is saying for current takers of pills to combine with or replace?
Mengsk is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 07:50 AM #5
larry badiner

larry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the roughlarry badiner is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardgrazer View Post
I'm definitely happy for you, that things are going better, but I've gotta wonder about the doctor's perspective. Offhand I would have to think it isn't based off hard data (not too many studies on that topic that I'm aware of), but if it works, it works!
thx yard grazer, my psych is pretty cool, he rx's me benzos and that's been working out well, works well with sativa but produces a more "mellow" feeling with indica for about an hour

I think indica works better then sativa because most of the research done for these conventional pills were done using samples of 70's-80's bud, then pills were mass produced, and stored for later sale

zyprexa for example interacts with indica so well. I remember switching from sativa to indica when I was on zyprexa, once the sativa was out of my system, the indica made me lazy, but productive kind of

my best advice to impatient growers is get medicaid, score anti anxiety pills, or get a pell grant and buy a qp
sponsored by diazapam

Old 11-21-2018, 07:54 AM #6
larry badiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
I have 3 Sativas in this year's harvest and one Indica. The Indica has a fair amount of Sativa in its ancestry.

The Indica is definitely the one for me, this year. Blueberry Headband x Blue Widow x Silver Kush magic.

When I tried smoking the first Sativa, it was too much. Plenty of head buzz but no body relaxation.

I've never met anybody who didn't like Romulan (Indica, Federation, 2004 vintage).

There are some Indica's that just "tick all the boxes" and have a relaxing body feel but still make you want to do stuff, like go to the beach.
I sadly have 2 purple haze plants from ace, germed at 2 weeks, that are going outside, both bug free and in roto rooter plugs, one is so vigorous its reaching up from the seedling pods to the led lights, the other one is wilting. when I get some time I have to transplant something and come up with a mother plant, maybe score a clone from a club

sponsored by diazapam

Old 11-21-2018, 07:57 AM #7
larry badiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengsk View Post
Indica or hashplants I think can have a quality of more resin production. This might offset the perception of sativa since it isn't easy to compare 8-9% to 20% thc. As far as their effect, I'm not sure if this is saying for current takers of pills to combine with or replace?
combine, don't go off your pills unless your doctor recommends, I have no clue how these pills work but haldol, zyprexa, depakote, and geode are industrial quality pills, they'll screw with your head unless a doctor can fix it, especially on pills and sometimes street marijuana

if you're really in need of marijuana mental health help, you're going to have to play a game of "is this person really qualified?" with your cash

sponsored by diazapam

Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM #8
xavier7995

xavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of lightxavier7995 is a glorious beacon of light
Man, i have been to a number of shrinks over the past few months, finding a competent person is real hard. So far my primary care doc has shown herself to be better versed than they are.

Instagram: xavier7995
xavier7995 is online now Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 05:11 PM #9
Water-

Water- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry badiner View Post
thx yard grazer, my psych is pretty cool, he rx's me benzos and that's been working out well, works well with sativa but produces a more "mellow" feeling with indica for about an hour

I think indica works better then sativa because most of the research done for these conventional pills were done using samples of 70's-80's bud, then pills were mass produced, and stored for later sale

zyprexa for example interacts with indica so well. I remember switching from sativa to indica when I was on zyprexa, once the sativa was out of my system, the indica made me lazy, but productive kind of
Thats great that you are feeling better.

becareful with benzos, they cause severe physiological dependence and the withdrawl can make anyone experience psychotic symptoms.

best of luck to you.
CSI Humbolodt has
Purple Urkle S1's that may be a helpful strain.
Water- is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 09:29 PM #10
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
Not to mention how dangerous benzos can be if you drink alcohol with 'em. They're a lot of risks associated with longterm benzo use.
yardgrazer is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.