Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > Not really enjoying the switch from joints to vaping

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
Not really enjoying the switch from joints to vaping Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2018, 12:48 PM #1
trifector

trifector will become famous soon enoughtrifector will become famous soon enough
Not really enjoying the switch from joints to vaping

I purchased the Pax 2 vaporizer last week, which is quite a bit of money out of my monthly budget for me and to be honest I'm not really enjoying it.

I find the taste less than smoking and it takes me a while to get high.

I usually smoke every day which I know is bad for me and it was health reasons that pushed me to make the switch

Does anything disagree and think smoking is actually a better experience and vaping?
trifector is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:54 PM #2
mayorofthdesert

mayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to all
it can take a while to get accustomed to vaping, maybe give it a bit. i never fully made the switch, i too prefer smoking. the pax 2 does concentrates too, correct? if you have any interest in that maybe you can still get your money's worth out of it.

i'd be interested to hear how the pax does with concentrates

The Mayor's Cabinet
mayorofthdesert is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:41 PM #3
Egzoset

Egzoset will become famous soon enoughEgzoset will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Salutations Trifector,

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifector View Post
...Pax 2...
Throwing money at a problem ain't the best way to start, instead try to understand what's being done then it shall eventually become clearer why the disapointment.

In "joint"/cigarette smoking, for example, what we got boils down to some self-vilifying (toxic) yet very convenient consumption method: a disposable containment tubular wall made of wood fiber + glue collects super-hot combustion exhaust gases from burning-hot vegetal tissue in order to provide an efficient "Release/Transport Agent" while turning to dust simultaneously. Most unfortunately this results in a mix of contaminated "vapour" exposing us to a multitude of by-products promoting even more toxic secondary reactions when heated...

The device you mention belongs to what i came to classify as a "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" where the "Release/Transport Agent" ain't carrying as much energy on top of being part of a relatively slow thermalization process which tends to penetrate vegetal tissue much too deep. So it should be no wonder why that fails to emulate your smoker habbit, really!

My recommendation is to pay more attention to devices supporting a potent "burst" mode, one only targeting the contact-surface where trichome glands reside, ideally.

Good day, have fun!!
Egzoset is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:18 PM #4
GoatCheese

GoatCheese has disabled reputation
Yea, smoking cannabis has a different effect compared to vaping. I have a Volcano but i like a bong or joints better.
GoatCheese is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:29 PM #5
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
I've got a Pax3.

The big thing about vapes vs joints or pipes, what-have-you, is that they're just different. Technique, effect, different (technique maybe less so transitioning from joints).

I've come to appreciate vapes over the years, after a Vaporbox, and a few different dry herb pens, but again, different from other means of inhaling cannabis.

A couple suggestions: 1. What temperature are you vaping at? Might want to try playing with the settings a bit. 2. Ever consider mostly vaping, but then smoking a pinner/skinny joint at the end? I've definitely had a lot of luck with vaping, then smoking a bowl on top of it.
yardgrazer is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2018, 03:30 PM #6
Defacto

Defacto has a spectacular aura aboutDefacto has a spectacular aura aboutDefacto has a spectacular aura aboutDefacto has a spectacular aura about
I encourage you to stick to vaping. Your lungs of the future will thank you.

You can make up for the lesser buzz from vaping by consuming more vapor or edibles made with the cannabis saved from vaping.
Defacto is online now Quote

Old 11-20-2018, 03:33 PM #7
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
Joints are the best. Particularly big joints filled with great herb that taste good til its all gone.

As for weed that does not taste great. Grow some yummy and roll a joint.

https://youtu.be/4UUPY902Ph0
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:08 PM #8
Illuminate
OG refugee

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
This post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egzoset View Post
Salutations Trifector,

Throwing money at a problem ain't the best way to start, instead try to understand what's being done then it shall eventually become clearer why the disapointment.

In "joint"/cigarette smoking, for example, what we got boils down to some self-vilifying (toxic) yet very convenient consumption method: a disposable containment tubular wall made of wood fiber + glue collects super-hot combustion exhaust gases from burning-hot vegetal tissue in order to provide an efficient "Release/Transport Agent" while turning to dust simultaneously. Most unfortunately this results in a mix of contaminated "vapour" exposing us to a multitude of by-products promoting even more toxic secondary reactions when heated...

The device you mention belongs to what i came to classify as a "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" where the "Release/Transport Agent" ain't carrying as much energy on top of being part of a relatively slow thermalization process which tends to penetrate vegetal tissue much too deep. So it should be no wonder why that fails to emulate your smoker habbit, really!

My recommendation is to pay more attention to devices supporting a potent "burst" mode, one only targeting the contact-surface where trichome glands reside, ideally.

Good day, have fun!!

Epic reply
Illuminate is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2018, 04:12 PM #9
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of light
I'm planning on buying a couple vapes this weekend during the black Friday sales. My wife and I want to go combustion free by the new year. We're both daily smokers so it just seems like a smart healthy choice to eliminate the smoke. Less stink around the house and on our clothes, too.

I used a friend's first gen Pax several years ago. As I recall, the effects were much 'cleaner', more 'heady' and less debilitating. They would sneak up on me rather than slamming me like a big toke off a joint. Good, but different than I was used to.

I also remember that when I smoked after vaping I could REALLY taste the burning, ashy flavor. I enjoyed it because it was the flavor I knew from years of smoking, almost nostalgic. But I could definitely taste ashtray.

As mentioned, it's a different experience overall. Like anything else that's new, we're going to commit to giving it a proper trial. It'll take time to learn the new experience and I believe we'll come to enjoy it more than combusting. I'm also looking forward to trying a newer gen vape! The technology has progressed so quickly, it should be a fun experience!

For your health, hang in there! Best of luck!

sc

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:21 PM #10
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
If you want to transition from joints to vaping, the VapCap is probably the best transition vape.

If you don't like using a butane lighter with it, get an induction heater.

I recently switched from combustion to vaping. I bought every vape available. Spent about 2 grand the first few months buying vapes.

Now, I am selling all but the few I use every day.

Do we have a classified section here where we can buy and sell stuff (besides seeds).

Puffitup will have VapCaps on sale real soon, if not already.