What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Maxibloom help please.

DoDad

I use tap water with 187ppm and use one of the small green scoops that came with the Maxibloom per gallon.

This gives me about 600ppm. What PPM do you feed your plants with Maxibloom and is one of those small scoops per gallon enough?

Also, how do you keep it from getting hard in the container? It get's hard as a brick and you have to break chunks off. How do you store it after you open the bag?

Chemdawggy Dawg

You need to go buy a gamma seal lid and a 5 gallon bucket to store it in. I always weigh fresh maxibloom out between 5 and 7 grams per gallon, depending on the plant, for potted plants using a scale and a paper plate. Yours has taken on moisture so I would weigh it out heavier. You aren't using enough, I would get the ppm closer to 850 to 1000. You really don't even need a meter with maxi if you use tap water and weigh the maxibloom, it will fall in the correct ph and ec range.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to go buy a gamma seal lid and a 5 gallon bucket to store it in. I always weigh fresh maxibloom out between 5 and 7 grams per gallon, depending on the plant, for potted plants using a scale and a paper plate. Yours has taken on moisture so I would weigh it out heavier. You aren't using enough, I would get the ppm closer to 850 to 1000. You really don't even need a meter with maxi if you use tap water and weigh the maxibloom, it will fall in the correct ph and ec range.

IME, Maxibloom mixed in pH8 210ppm tap water drops pH to around 4 to 5 and needs adjusted.
I use pH drops as well as a hanna pen to check pH.

Always check your pH.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Ppm isn't the best way to think about nute concentration, because of the lack of a standard for calculating it. Any ppm reference (that doesn't get spit out from gas chromatography or a mass spectrometer readout) is based on electrical conductivity (EC), which is more of an accurate measurement of something. So, unless your ppm meter tells you what standard it is multiplying the EC by, you're better off with an EC reading. Your EC should be somewhere in the 1.0-ish range with your water parameters.

That said, you don't even need a meter for Maxibloom. It's tried and true, and your water parameters will hardly affect anything, so just scoop it out, dump it in, and stir it up. Most people use 5 grams (or 1 teaspoon) per gallon for vegetative, and 8 grams per gallon for blooming. If you use those parameters, with your starting water, and then adjust the pH after mixing it all up, 99% of all cannabis plants should do fine in there.

As far as your MB clumping and getting hard... that means you're letting it get wet, by being sloppy with dumping scoops into the res, allowing splashing maybe? Otherwise, it might be that you are in high humidity area, in which case I would recommend you store it in climate controlled space, or at least put it in a container with dessicant to keep it dry. You might even be able to spread it all out on a cardboard flat and bake it in the sun for an afternoon to dry it up, and then go ahead and store it with dessicant.

But yeah, with clumpy, wet MB you are almost certainly going to have to weigh heavier than otherwise, and that would be a guess on your part, or anyone's for that matter.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You'll probably want new MaxiBloom. Once it becomes wet and hardens, you'll notice a precipitate which does not dissolve. Get a new bag and keep it sealed in a jar when not in use.

Latest posts

Latest posts