What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what to do with little buds pulled at week 5

Hi all,
I hope the icmag brain trust can help me out. I found a few nanners on the lower and interior popcorn buds of two of my plants yesterday. I think it is a light leak or too big a swing in humidity (probably going to get a dehumidifier for my tent this weekend). That aside I was wondering what, if anything I can do with all the little buds I picked off? Just shy of week 5. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

thailer

next time just pick off the nanner and leave the bud.

maybe just dry it and smoke it for a preview taste?

i've never heard of humidity swings making them nanner so i would explore light leaks first. if you're in a tent, turn off the lights and zip yourself up inside with the lights turned on outside the tent. let your eyes adjust and after two minutes or so, you'll be able to see if your tent walls are actually light proof. i was pretty shocked sitting in an old sunhut brand tent.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Humidity swings can definitely cause a lot of stress on plants.. like almost the most stress of any on a being that is 90-95% water. Ganja growers still want to ignore the basics of botany.. light leaks have always been the go to but even root binding (or death) is more likely to cause that than light leaks IME..

MintyMick

Save it up, and dry or store in the freezer. When you have enough trim, popcorn buds etc make some bubble hash with it.

BC32

Make concentrates or butter or oil. If you have better stuff to smoke, then don't smoke it. Also depends if this is a 7 week strain or an 11.

PDX Dopesmoker

Use them as a gateway drug to get elementary school children into more expensive and addictive stuff, creating the economic basis for an evil crime empire of your very own.

FJ2000

Two words, embalming. fluid.

Or you could take it all, make butter and put it into one cookie and see what happens...you could trip balls or be diappointed...

BC32

You can vape freshly picked bud

You can definitely do this, you might find there is a lot of extra vapor from the extra H2O content still in the bud. Personally, I don't like to, but its better than all those silly quick dry techniques.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Save it up, and dry or store in the freezer. When you have enough trim, popcorn buds etc make some bubble hash with it.

I like both these ideas. I am new to vaping. But quickly discovered that it is a great way to sample freshly (early) picked bud. No more microwave before early sampling? Sweet!

But hell yeah to Bubble too!

So what did you end up doing?

I like both these ideas. I am new to vaping. But quickly discovered that it is a great way to sample freshly (early) picked bud. No more microwave before early sampling? Sweet!

But hell yeah to Bubble too!

So what did you end up doing?
I ended up drying it a bit and putting it in a jar with the best of intentions to not forget about it and burp it every day. Best of intentions...... I just checked and it has a little bit of that hay smell to it. I think I will go with the save it up option and add it to the rest of the trim and popcorn when I harvest in the next few weeks. SOunds like good raw ingredients for a butter or salve. Thanks all for the suggestions.

yardgrazer

Definitely agree, but be careful OP, my old vaporbox is amazing for freshly picked buds, but I tried vaping some semi-dry but still somewhat moist herb in my Pax3, and it did not like it one bit (nor I, what with very hot liquid working its way up through the mouthpiece). Was a little worried I might damage it, so I turned it off, seems fine after a good cleaning.