What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

707OGBUSH970

So far, I have grown 7 Ethos Strains. 4 have been really really good, and 3 not so good.

Cup Winning:
Mandarin Cookies
Black Fire

Above Average:
Forum S1s
Banana Hammock

Not So Good:
Limekiller OG
Purple Reign
Rainmaker

They run the gamut from schwaggy low-yielding no smell Purple Reign to huge-yielding but not particularly impressive Rainmaker to some of the best flowers I have ever grown in Mandarin Cookies.

What are your experiences?

Last edited:

gmanwho

Veteran
I 2nd the mandarin cookies as being a wonderfull plant an smoke. bought some of his manadarin cookie R2's as well.

vegging out 5 zsweet insanity right now. 2-3 plants smell great an are velvet/grippy to the stem rub. good signs already i reckon

there goes edro

Veteran
So far, I have grown 7 Ethos Strains. 4 have been really really good, and 3 not so good.

Cup Winning:
Mandarin Cookies
Black Fire

Above Average:
Forum S1s
Banana Hammock

Not So Good:
Limekiller OG
Purple Reign
Rainmaker

They run the gamut from schwaggy low-yielding no smell Purple Reign to huge-yielding but not particularly impressive Rainmaker to some of the best flowers I have ever grown in Mandarin Cookies.

What are your experiences?[/QUOTE

Tell us more about that Black Fire. Its caught my eye but still on the fence about Ethos. Heard good and the typical hermie horror stories.

707OGBUSH970

What are your experiences?[/QUOTE

Tell us more about that Black Fire. Its caught my eye but still on the fence about Ethos. Heard good and the typical hermie horror stories.[/QUOTE]

It was really nice. A better yielding and more compact OG, basically it was it came out to be. The flowers were on point with the OG smell-very earthy and complex with a pine sol back end. Extremely frosty and just really nice medium density that was perfect for joints. I topped it but still the tops were quite big. The nugs were very pretty as far as structure. Just a nice classsic fat spear shape that made for some potentially great pics. Too bad I slacked on pictures. Just a beauty of a plant all around. One of those plants that just looks healthy and robust all the way through. And it was a fairly short flower time. Could definitely cut a week early than most OG's. Three phenos ranging from classic OG to the more compact version that I spoke of.

For me Blackfire and Mandarin Cookies are no brainers. No hermies for me at all with 7 strains, so far.

707OGBUSH970

I 2nd the mandarin cookies as being a wonderfull plant an smoke. bought some of his manadarin cookie R2's as well.

vegging out 5 zsweet insanity right now. 2-3 plants smell great an are velvet/grippy to the stem rub. good signs already i reckon

Cant wait to see those Zsweets! I have wondered about that as well. Have my eye on those. Getting some M Cookies R2s myself. Cant pass them up. Too good of a 1st version. Just fire.

gmanwho

Veteran
Cant wait to see those Zsweets! I have wondered about that as well. Have my eye on those. Getting some M Cookies R2s myself. Cant pass them up. Too good of a 1st version. Just fire.

I wonder who he didnt want to piss off or start a drama war with, for not disclosing what the zsweet background is....

ya, they smell strong and are grippy. every good plant ive held smells strong in veg an not just flower.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Keep hearing about the mandarin cookies. Is it that different from the orange cookies? Hows the high/yield? Nice thread 707gbush970...I've always wondered about ethos...

OP

707OGBUSH970

How did the Limekiller OG come out? I had some passing interest in it

That was not very good. Very poor yield, barely any smell and just kind of an all around sickly plant. Had high hopes too..

707OGBUSH970

Keep hearing about the mandarin cookies. Is it that different from the orange cookies? Hows the high/yield? Nice thread 707gbush970...I've always wondered about ethos...

OP

The yield was pretty good for me. Not huge but above average. I had a full 1000 watts of Mandarin Cookies and got 1.75 lbs. The flowers are A++++++, though. Just amazing amount of resin per area. I can imagine that extraction yields are good but I liked smoking it so much I kept most of it for joints. Made hash out of other stuff.

Its different, as there is more of the Mandarin Sunset in the Mandarin Cookies than there is Cali O in the Orange Cookies, but thats a bomb one too. I think that out of al the orange-citrus cookies crosses, this is the best. Elev8s Tangerine Cookies is pretty bomb too. Lots of fire out there!

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Black Fire - 5 weeks. I love this goddamn plant. Leaves are more spherical in veg than I've ever seen. Sometimes sensitive to metals, especially if under-vegged. Structurally, the limbs are bizarrely akimbo and misaligned (which would drive me insane ordinarily when it comes to symmetry) but when vegged long enough every cola is a nerf football. That's all that matters. Great end-of-the day material.

We've been running the Mandarin Cookies from Ethos. It's not bad. Looks and smells great. Smokes OK. Yield is par. Our girl scout cookies is putting off better plants though

707OGBUSH970

Black Fire - 5 weeks. I love this goddamn plant. Leaves are more spherical in veg than I've ever seen. Sometimes sensitive to metals, especially if under-vegged. Structurally, the limbs are bizarrely akimbo and misaligned (which would drive me insane ordinarily when it comes to symmetry) but when vegged long enough every cola is a nerf football. That's all that matters. Great end-of-the day material.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71763&pictureid=1895057&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71763&pictureid=1895058&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Awesome! This is what I was talking about. Did you get the full on OG smells in the phenos you found? What did you think of the bud density? I though it really had a nice medium density to it that was really nice for flower smokers. The flowers are really pretty and like you said, get huge.
I really didn't notice any particular sensitivity. I use an organic super soil that has pretty much everything you can safely put in it and I go heavy on supplemental beneficials, which I think helps with most nutrient finicky strains . I did notice the roundness you are talking about, in veg and on the bud leaves. Nice plants man!

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
On this particular cut, the smell is about 80% the strength you would think. What it (minutely) lacks in smell, it makes up for in resin and bud size. I've found also that it transmits the smell of boosters and fulvics in a way that I'd never known. At first I thought it was just the creamiest thing ever but a reduction in nutes returned the OG profile.

The density is nonsense. In a good way of course. I'll take more pics before harvest. It's ballooned again since I last posted that, turning a wonderful lime and orange color.

This cut needs some work though. Sensitive to metals, humidity, phosphorus, dips in CO2, training. A male or reversed tahoe with a better structure would help her lots. Never any complaints about bud, mainly aesthetics and space occupied. It can never grow straight up or stay in its lane when trellised. Hormones too strong?/Shifting easily?

707OGBUSH970

On this particular cut, the smell is about 80% the strength you would think. What it (minutely) lacks in smell, it makes up for in resin and bud size. I've found also that it transmits the smell of boosters and fulvics in a way that I'd never known. At first I thought it was just the creamiest thing ever but a reduction in nutes returned the OG profile.

The density is nonsense. In a good way of course. I'll take more pics before harvest. It's ballooned again since I last posted that, turning a wonderful lime and orange color.

This cut needs some work though. Sensitive to metals, humidity, phosphorus, dips in CO2, training. A male or reversed tahoe with a better structure would help her lots. Never any complaints about bud, mainly aesthetics and space occupied. It can never grow straight up or stay in its lane when trellised. Hormones too strong?/Shifting easily?

Thats good info about the reduction in smell and flavour with nutes. I am going be more aware of that myself now. Maybe I can coax some more out of her.

Fourtay

ICMag Donor
I've found ethos to be great for not super outliers, rarely any hermies, easy to find keepers, 99% germ rate. Mandarin cookies is a super bag appeal, yielding cultivar. As far as taste and high, I've heard it isn't the best. I personally do not smoke so I can't chime in on that. Citral Glue some very nice phenos, memberberry has some crazy smells, mostly the same nose, some outliers like a crazy cantaloupe.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Ethos is straight killing the game. One of the best up and coming breeders imo. Buddy of mine has his Lilac Diesel. Says it's one of his favorite smokes. I have ran the Crescendo, from the original release. Had 2 plants gifted to me. The #1 and #4. #1 made some huge buds. Kinda fruity smelling with hints of OG. #4 is full on TK dom. In appearance, smell and taste. Both plants are super potent.

I kept the No.4 around and will for a long time. I'm gonna be trying the Lilac Diesel in the near future. If I can remember I'll post pics in here when I have them.

Latest posts

Latest posts