What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannadian cannabis stocks

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
being that the sitiuation is so fliud at the moment it hard to say where the chips will fall. does anyone have any relevant info on what stocks would be the best option?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
You are really too late for the easy gains. The time to jump in at the bargain prices has passed. They are all riding pretty high now. Not to say that there won’t be substantial gains in some stocks but the day traders have been working them pretty hard for 24 months. The solid stocks are Aphria, Canntrust, Weed, Hexo and Aurora (if you buy their hype). From there it gets fuzzier. A market savvy friend tipped me two years ago & just playing with disposable cash, I have made some impressive gains in a few & lost on a few. They are all still considered risky stocks. Just look at the 2 year graphs for the above for an indication of the volatility.

If you want to dive in, weedstocks on reddit can help you identify possible opportunities & give you the latest news but there is also a lot of pumping there as well so be very,very cautious.

Tomorrow we should see weed jump early on the latest company news but it will happen on open & then the shorters might kick in. Buy the rumour, sell the news is the old adage. Canntrust has been steadily climbing & aphria has been treading water. I am still holding aphria but then i bought it cheap.

Everybody is suddenly discovering pot stocks so the fun should continue for a while but now the companies are going to actually have to prove themselves as producers. Up until now it has just been promises & dealmaking that has been propelling them.

Good luck.

tbd

As TBD has said, the ideal time to get in is long past. In terms of seeing the big gains, a time machine would be required. There is of course a golden opportunity to invest now and get slaughtered with huge losses.:woohoo: The hype train now has to turn into a train that actually delivers a product to consumers (if any?) TBD, what are your thoughts on taking some profits now and holding onto some to see how this whole thing actually plays out? I'm going to see what the prices do in the next week or so and take some profits and return my original capital before it is revealed that the whole thing has been total mallarkey fueled by the incredible human capacity for greed and to believe the hype. What are other folks doing with their positions in the cannabis market?

ortsa1

you should be shorting the stocks, unless they start cracking some medical grower skulls the LP system does not work

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
lamname

By all means, get your investment out & take profits. I cashed out on my weed 2 weeks ago & that paid for my whole pot portfolio & then some. I had weed at $8.82 & sold for $68.50! I am sitting on some $5.50 aph that I am thinking about holding long term until they (might) finally explode. Although if they top their all time in the next week or so, I may sell half . . . But aph in particular is a very manipulated stock & my source tells me that some of their deals (and background investors) are a bit questionable.

It is all a dice roll at this point.

tbd

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
thats hilarious that the " proud canadian cannbist" missed the stock mania that has happend over the last 2 years and days before legalization makes a post. sorry, funny not funny, not sorry

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i didnt miss it i have just been observing from the sidelines in an attempt to let things settle before i get involved. things have been too fluid with new companies appearing almost daily. sure, i realize i could have jumped in from day one and might have made a ton of quick revenue but also could have lost my investment. i am more concerned with the long term outcome as cannabis is now here to stay...

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
well right now its basically at peak, so keep observing on the sidelines I would suggest. Like others said the big money, i.e. 1000% returns on blind picks, those are over.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
dont't know, don't care; pretty sure the brainalyzer shuts itself off automatically when your brain is fully liquified.

clearheaded

tilray woulda been nice to 5X on lol. but not sure why its so inflated it will most certainly crash and hover around the 17-25 dollar mark in a few months.. its not frickin apple.

in coming months HC is ready to license a shit tonne of growers and assure u they will nab more market share as everyone who tries wherhouse weed knows its not worth 10 dollars a g. 5 dollars ok. but will be able to pull it off for a bit until market is flooded like oregon.. all of the cannabis for these first few months has been grown several months ago and has not been cured and sitting in 5g jars which worsens quality greatly so makes it even worse for them. when new grows come out with the freshies that have terps and burn white its going to be interesting how they big guys adapt. aphria is only smart one, knowing they arent growin top notch but making oils and its more commodity as apposed to quality that most people want. although people give 4-5 stars on lift for LP crap that tastes like plastic so who knows lol.

ortsa1

thats hilarious that the " proud canadian cannbist" missed the stock mania that has happend over the last 2 years and days before legalization makes a post. sorry, funny not funny, not sorry

Lol these are good goy pump and dump stocks. Gw pharma is the stock real weed people invested in and pulled 10thousand percent returns.

LadyGuru

Just heard yesterday that Harborside will be listed on the Canadian stock exchange. Not sure how exactly, just heard about it. However, if true, I will be investing very soon.

You gotta remember these inflated stocks are going to be the first to export products to other legal countries. I’ve gained about 5-6000% since investing in 2015.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
You gotta remember these inflated stocks are going to be the first to export products to other legal countries. I’ve gained about 5-6000% since investing in 2015.

you crushed it dude. Just curious whats life like calling it and going in at the right time and place? Besides you simply being richer. I imagine having also crushed it and picturing what life would feel like now...

I didn’t invest a huge amount, but it has help my business grow debt free. Using a portion to build my small warehouse was really nice. I’m also holding, I believe they will go up yearly. I got into canopy growth sub 1$. Investing in anything is almost like gambling. I try to stick emerging markets check out graphene, and oncology involved with cannabis.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
So if you have been following CDN pot stocks since legalization, you know that there has been some settling . . . or a blood bath if you paid too much in the weeks before.

Is it . . .

Natural short-term profit taking?

The start of pot stock consolidation as the retail buyers who bought on enthusiasm and hype get hosed by day traders, investors and insiders?

The calm before the storm as institutional buyers wait for realistic prices for solid buys with solid growth potential?

Or all of the above?

Anyways, it is a very good time to buy if you believe that further growth is possible in the long term. But do your own do diligence & avoid the small company/big promises/big cap pump darlings.

It was fun while it lasted & it nicely financed my personal grow supply budget for years to come.:biggrin:

tbd

Latest posts

Latest posts