What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The LP journey

Hello everyone.

I am making this thread to document and share info along my way in licensing an LP. There is a lack of info out there in relation to this process and I hope to fill in the blanks for those who need. I am also looking for your help and guidance as well. I think the true leaders and innovates of this market, are the people who built and advanced this market to the point it is.

As of now, we have secured funding . We are deciding between two well know consulting firms. They will help us pick of one of several properties we have secured on contingency lease. We hope to renovate existing industrial space. We feel as though this may be cheapest entry into market. We are prepared to build facility or renovate an existing structure also. This week will be big in deciding that direction.

Much of our time to this point has been spent trying to navigate this process and learn as much as we can. HC , in my opinion, is intentionally hiding info and making this process as difficult as possible. Its a designed attempt to stifle and limit market entries. They have designed this system to be cost prohibitive to the average Canadian who would like to participate in this market. They have also used layers of bureaucracy and plausible deniability to hide and obfuscate information.Thats why I am doing this thread. I hope to pass all that hidden info on to all of you.

Also, they have allowed outdoor growing as a canard. Its a mechanism we feel they are using to destroy small scale market entries. Big companies are being forced to destroy outdoor crops as they dont meet testing standards. Out door was hopeful in the sense that micro filtration in extraction process renders product medical grade sterile through high filtration. What has happened is , aviation fuel fallout contaminates the material in a way it cant be filtered. This will ruin every outdoor crop for market viability. You think HC is telling Canadians that? Nope! tThey know it to! In turn, it will ruin every mom and pop grower who thought there expense into licensing was going to be recouped through outdoor growing. Its all meant to break early entries and further consolidate market for the ones given first mover status through there cozy relationships with sitting govs.

This market should be open to all that have sacrificed and tiled to create it. I hope I can do my small part to help those people in.

Post any questions or comments. I will do my best to help you out.

We are very excited to take this journey . Looking forward to sharing it with you and hopefully helping even one of you make it in to. We have to be at the table with these guys in order to flip it over on them all.

The first bit of info I will pass onto all of you that they LOVE to hide... Spot prices for Cannabis in the wholesale market. I dont have the actual call sheets yet but, I know from seeing them that its average, 3200$ per kg average right now for flower. 8000$/kg for concentrates. Thats wholesale! In Ontario, there will be no direct sales as of now. That dyke Wynne tried to create a complete monopoly and Ford is breaking it up. All products must be sold to the Ontario wholesaler who then marks them up like Deebo on the corner and redistribute them to retail outlets. There is talk of a flagging mechanism inside market to ensure farm to gate sales. This terrifies big Lps with Ford in office. He has ruined there little collusion plan with dyke Wynne and has limited them to one retail outlet per LP. Farm to gate local micros are going to destroy them with farm to gate sales. They know it to.

Gotta go. Post any questions you have. i will try and help...:)

troutman

Seed Whore
It should be like home vegetable farming.

Anyone can grow a garden full of plants with no stupid rules if it's for personal.
If you want to enter the commercial market then pay taxes, business permits,
inspections, etc. like anyone else in the food industry.

BTW: Where are you going to be located New LP Guy?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Destroy the LPs? Good luck with that. There will be great potential for micro growers but like beer, the big boys will rule.

tbd

Lotta haters I see. Its ok. I was one to when I wasn't in position to do it also. Leleousy is funny thing.

Yeah, i know the legal market is DOA. Its not right now though. Its so boom, big companies are buying turn key facilities. In fact, you can build a facility that is 500 square feet on 5 acres of the right zoned land, not grow plant one, and make millions.

There is a possibility that farm to gate sales will be allowed at some point with a "flagging " mechanism inside the Ontraio wholesaler to flag your own supply for retail. Many factors come into play going forward. For now, just building these places and selling them is VERY profitable.

And, GMACk, Wynee isnt a Dyke? Get over your feelings and language policing libtard. Wynne is old news. Good riddance to filthy economy ruining rug muncher. She tried to create a LP monopoly on retail in the province. Ford broke it up! All Hail Ford!!! Your jealousy is palpable bud. Dont you worry about the money we burn through. We have over 10 million lined up with Angel investors and a list through our consulting firm of current buyers looking for turn key facilities fully licensed. You keep hating though bud. I promise you this..When we sell this facility, im going to show you the cheque, just to piss you off Mr hater. " Sell a qp to a buddy"? Thats called, PROJECTION! You have fun selling the qps . Im going to make millions and laugh at haters like you.

Troutman, No shit? There are rules involved? I, or our 100k consulting firm would have never figured that out.Like design standards on "non porous surfaces", Pressure plans, clean rooms, hepa/hega filtration, SOP's, etc,etc,etc. Way past that point my man.

As far as the specific contaminates in the buds grown outdoors goes, I dont know. I just know its from aviation fuel fallout. Thats all I know.

So, now that I have delt with the aters and hopefully answered any of the real questions, I will tell you this..today. I go meet with design consultants to review 3 facilities we have a contingency agreements. Today decides our direction. We leaning toward multiple acres with licensing very small pre-exsisting structure on property with intent to sell. We may go in direction of outfitting a facility and taking production into our own hands but, at this point, market factors are so ripe, its silly to do. We know of a gentlemen who spent 400k buying land and licensing small building on it, sold it withing 1 week of licensing being ranted for 3.5 million.

So, thats where we stand today. Design consultants and direction being determined within next few days.

Post any questions or comments, i will try and respond. Haters are welcome to. its amusing seeing them demonstrate their jealously and even more amusing displaying their infantile knowledge of the "legal" market and all its associated rules and regs.I been doing this 25 years. This isnt my first rodeo. Maybe if guys like Gmack had the cred, history, and experience I do, guys with legal money would be coming to him with millions looking to do this for real. lol. Haters gonna hate!!!

Ontario , Sir. Interested to know what you are doing sneaky with terps. We are licensing processing facility inside the production facility at same time. its a deal you get with consulting forms so, we did it. Plus, we want ability to extract waste materials.

Terpene isolation through fractional distillation is another profitable vertical in the market. Big money in that. Terp cards are something we looking at. Sample cards with terp profiles sprayed on to send olfactory examples/profiles of different products out.

Destroy the LPs? Good luck with that. There will be great potential for micro growers but like beer, the big boys will rule.

tbd

I apologize to you all. Still learning how to quote and reply.

Micros are actually a false hope they are gaming the masses with. Exact same security and production requirements , less cameras and minor securty things. Limited to 200m2 Canopy. that leaves NO RESALE value and expansion potential.

You can license standard ops down to whatever sioze you want. It can be the size of a bathroom on 20 acres of land. The value, at this time, is the approved license and land. Its worth MILLIONS. In time, I agree with you. Micros will dominate and take over the landscape with farm to gate sales locally. Big Lps are positioning for international markets.

tbd

This sint beer. They trying to create a market monopoly along those exact lines though. Only one difference..Weed can grow wild on any hillside or back yard in the nation. Stills dont! Brewery's dont! There is only one place this market goes...Down to reality. Name another commercial crop that 1600/lb spot price? It dont exists. Artificial scarcity create sthe value. In time, scarcity and supply will increase and values drop to common sense levels. Lps will be DOA at that point if international customers havnt adopted production themselves domestically.

Gmack

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Chris Kyle lives!!

It's day two of legalization and you haven't broken ground yet. Fuck you're dumb. Missed the boat completely. That 10 mil isn't real and if it were it's going to burn faster then a irradiated lp preroll. Oh I'm not a liberal either lol good one though fuck those guys. Show us your "cred" don't claim it if you had any it would speak for it self.

I hear you. Fair points. I will address them as best I can. This isnt day one or two for us. This has been in the making, quiet some time. You know how long it takes to secure that kind of funding? Market volatility, prohibitive entry cost, quasi legal/medical landscape that existed, market stigma, its is very real barriers to investors. We started very naive in the process and realized very rapidly that we wre in over our heads and needed to take time to attract more investment capitol. Shot aint cheap man. One you have one serious guy committed, it makes big difference. You know the leg work and meetings alone you have to sit through to repeat a plan you had to invest 10k into having made? It takes time. More than a year. Ive wanted to do thsi for 20 but, I guess now is the time.

As far as breaking ground goes. Building time isnt the issue at this point in the market. There is such shortage is supply, there is a demand for facilities to create that supply. There is a shortage on production capacity. Companies are paying for the license in place on land with expansion ability to add to their production capacity. Thats it. You can license 200 square feet on 700 acres and then sell for millions in profits. The risk is the upfront investment. They know what they did in design of the system. Its specifically designed to limit and make market entry a monetary risk. You HAVE To invest before HC turns you down. Big companies dont want to carry that risk if its more cost effective for us to do it and sell out. Its simple supply and demand at this point. Its all false market realities built on this boom but, Ill ride it till it breaks.

Yes, I am pretty dumb. Thanks for noticing. :)

I will post a pic of the 2800 square feet industrial unit we have on contingency I am meeting at today to go over design and potentials.Anything specific you want me to put in the pic to verify its real?lolol The money is real, so is this. Hard for me to believe, even more than it is for you. Trust me on that...;)

I hear ya. fuck the Libs. Im more like, fuck the cons to though..lool

I understand doubting me. I would doubt me to. Im form the other side of all of this. This is hard for me to believe to. Sitting with these investors, if you have 20 years in this, you blow their minds with market knowledge and understanding of processing tree form end to end. All they do is add up the numbers and smile. Fuck, the stuff I have learned, i realize big Lps are still years behind. Fuck em. Im getting a seat at the table, getting paid, then running back to where I came from. With a quikness!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Everyone is already running out and stores won't be open till April? There's only one way prices are going in the short run. And that's up.

You really sound like a wannabe soon to be hasbeen. All the companies that have been waiting for this are producing lots of product now. I say your about 99% fake. I’m heavily invested in this sector and what your saying doesn’t add up with what the real companies involved are doing.

Tell me an LP that isnt looking to expand production? Tell me an Lp that isnt talking about "supply shortages"? What you are saying completely contradicts market realities.

Making vague claims about market and calling me a fake doesnt really mean anything.

You have a right to think I am a "fake". I would have thought that too few years back reading this.

Everyone is already running out and stores won't be open till April? There's only one way prices are going in the short run. And that's up.

I agree 100%! In the short time, scarcity is driving pricing. As supply increases to meet demand, two things will happen. there will be a reverse suction in the market with a race to the bottom. We plan to be out by then with only a small micro license and a few retail outlets locally selling that supply. At present, as you said, expect prices in legal market to climb and black market pricing to remain constant or drop with a race triggered in that market by legalization itself.

Thank you for the comment...:)

Also, with supply increase, say goodbye to med grows. " Access" will be satisfied in the eyes of the court come next challenge and its gone. Thats my opinion based on what I hear from all these suits. Allard will be overturned on "access" being met and further market consolidation will take place. very insidious what they are doing.

I served in nam with ortsa1. She isn't kidding when she says she can kill you through your IP address. I once seem her chop a Viet Cong in half with a wet noodle. We used the corpse to serve guacamole out of.

Whether she is kidding or not will be up to the presiding judge if the dumb **** keeps it up...;)

April is cool. January 22nd and the opt out for communities is the key date to watch. Also, communities trying to add local zoning and regulatory requirement to try and capitalize on opportunities is big issue that may arise. We are satisfied with April. Its good thing as long as Ford breaks that Dyke Wynnes attempt at monopoly with big money Lps who donate to and work with the Liberal party in this province. Ford gave these people till April to recoup there initial investment and he gave them them first mover in the online space. it works for all. Now, lets break the fucn wholesaler!! Its like a gangster you have to move your products through. Its bS.. That will be gone within 5 years.

I forgot to mention also..We currently have about 50 strains we testing in an ACMPR facility we have licensed up. Ill post a pic of some of that stuff soon...:) Thanks to any and all that comment or criticize. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts