What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello! Death star grow and a quick intro before I start posting some awesome grows!!

JROCKIN

So I am an old member with a new account. I can't even remember my old user name or find any of my old posts, so I'm starting over. I want to become more active in this community to both learn more myself and share what I know works for newbies to see how easy they can grow a pound every couple months or less. I owe it, I've gathered so much good info from the forums. I'll be posting detailed individual grows but here is a summary.
I've been growing off and on for years but only got serious about it 2 years ago when I bought my first and current indoor setup. I bought almost everything on amazon and bought the cheapest stuff that was of decent quality. All in with 2 years worth of seeds and coco and nuts I came in under a grand with drip irritation. I bought a 2x4 tent and appollo horticulture 600 watt air cooled setup with 6" fan. And ran auto flowers to get my feet wet. Ran them for over 2 years straight and am actually just now 4 weeks into flower on my first indoor photo period grow and it's growing great. Strains are THC PRO I forget the breeder maybe big head seeds. AAAANNNNDDDDD DEATH STAR!!! well I'm hoping. I know death star is clone only but I'm from ohio, and my buddy went down to Columbus and brought back some death star buds and we found 4 seeds. So it could be something besides death star, or a hermie, we will see. Right now im 4 weeks into flower with the healthiest DS seed plant of the 4 and one THC pro seed plant. I'm also keeping the other 3 DS seed plants plus clones of the 2 flowering seed plants as bonsai mothers in FFOF. My flower tent looks amazing packed wall to wall with colas. I'm running 6/9 in 3 gal coco perlite hempys thus run. I've ran maxi grow and bloom before with good results too.

JROCKIN

Thanks for the love folks!! I'm waiting on my light to go off right now so I can take some decent pics for yall. The weather changed drastically over the last 2 days and I went from high humidity to low and I noticed I spike in runoff EC on the death star. So I'm flushing with half strength nutes. I'm really worried about making sure I have a dank harvest since my last 2 or 3 were somewhat lacking in flavor and aroma. So I may be over reacting but I wanna do what I can to ensure I don't over feed. I've also been reading on High cal. For terp production basically I've mastered the yield but still struggle with getting my buds to cure up dank.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

I find the end quality has so much to do with the grow itself, before harvest/cure/handling. Easiest way I can put it, cannabis paints excesses onto the interior walls to get it out of the way. When cleanup time comes (the fade/flush), only the unused cans of paint get hauled out. The paint on the walls stays and affects how well the plant dries, cures and smokes.

Cannabis absorbs excesses and non-grow related items from the root zone. ;)

guineapig

Veteran
I haven't read up on the subject but just be careful with adding high levels of Calcium due to other issues, just dial all the limiting factors in (the limiting factors being nutrition, light, atmosphere [CO2 and fan oscillation and humidity], water [pH and proper water quantity in the medium] before you address the issue of elevated Calcium levels, just my 2 cents fwiw

Welcome back to the forums :woohoo: :jump:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

JROCKIN

Thanks for the input guys! Hey guinea pig the oscillating fans was something else I read about. I read that to much air movement will kill your aroma and flavor. My first grow I had just 2 cheap little oscillating fans in my 2x4 tent 1 above canopy and one below. You could barely feel air coming off them but my first grow the humidity was low so I didn't need much airflow. My second grow was in the summer and I had high humidity and lost my big colas to bud rot and my oscillating fans started to crap out. Well I couldn't find any oscillating fans that would fit in my tent so I replaced them with these little 4 or 5 inch personal fans from Walmart that don't oscilate. Since they don't oscilate I bought 6 of them and put one in each corner of the tent above canopy and 2 below. I keep them plenty high above canopy and plants show no stress or windburn from the fans but I'm wondering if I have to much airflow and it's killing my stank?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've consistently pulled much more aromatic and tastier cannabis from low temp, low RH grows than the opposite. Stank is killed probably the most through overfeeding, definitely through stresses.

JROCKIN

Thanks douglas!! Good to have some real world experience! I'll be running without humidifiers this winter

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome to the forum.

You don't have Death Star. You have bag seed plants from some Death Star bud.
Please don't call it Death Star. There is already enough confusion going around concerning Clone only plants.

Your air circulation setup should be fine, imo.

JROCKIN

Thanks for the reply MJ! I'm trying to come up with a name for it. So does no one agree with what burt said? And thanks for your reassurance about my fans. I'm trying to list everything that changed since that first dank grow. The only other thing I can think of is the fact I flushed for 2 weeks on that first run. I then read about long flush not being necessary and even read that a long flush can kill you'd terps. So i reduced my flush to 7 days and i feel like I found that Last part to be true because my last couple runs were pretty stank before I started flushing and my tent stunk less and less every day I flushed?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From the other thread:
Burt said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think your golden dood[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] All elites self replicate is my opinion
Have you ever seen an ugly elite?
Elites smell and look dank and use our senses to propagate themselves via cloning or breeding
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] When we forget to do so, they do it themselves via a few seeds [/FONT]

This is a possibility.
Why I asked what the conditions of the grow were, if you know of them.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
old newbie

old newbie

I hope you don't mind if a old newbie rides along. You have my interest. I always like to follow threads with awesome grows. I learn so much, from you guys like you!

Last edited:

Puffster

So I am an old member with a new account. I can't even remember my old user name or find any of my old posts, so I'm starting over. I want to become more active in this community to both learn more myself and share what I know works for newbies to see how easy they can grow a pound every couple months or less. I owe it, I've gathered so much good info from the forums. I'll be posting detailed individual grows but here is a summary.
I've been growing off and on for years but only got serious about it 2 years ago when I bought my first and current indoor setup. I bought almost everything on amazon and bought the cheapest stuff that was of decent quality. All in with 2 years worth of seeds and coco and nuts I came in under a grand with drip irritation. I bought a 2x4 tent and appollo horticulture 600 watt air cooled setup with 6" fan. And ran auto flowers to get my feet wet. Ran them for over 2 years straight and am actually just now 4 weeks into flower on my first indoor photo period grow and it's growing great. Strains are THC PRO I forget the breeder maybe big head seeds. AAAANNNNDDDDD DEATH STAR!!! well I'm hoping. I know death star is clone only but I'm from ohio, and my buddy went down to Columbus and brought back some death star buds and we found 4 seeds. So it could be something besides death star, or a hermie, we will see. Right now im 4 weeks into flower with the healthiest DS seed plant of the 4 and one THC pro seed plant. I'm also keeping the other 3 DS seed plants plus clones of the 2 flowering seed plants as bonsai mothers in FFOF. My flower tent looks amazing packed wall to wall with colas. I'm running 6/9 in 3 gal coco perlite hempys thus run. I've ran maxi grow and bloom before with good results too.

Welcome back, I just returned yesterday after being away since 2010 or something. Took a long hiatus from growing and forums.

Now I am feeling like a kid with all these new gadgets they got these days. Quantum Board LEDS, stealth tents, new strains, more silent ventilation due to heat output of LED vs HID\HPS etc...it is a new world out there :woohoo:

Posted a ramble about my plan and situation later today if you feel like reading it, and perhaps if you know, answer any of my silly questions :)

Anyway, welcome back and good luck with your plans, making beans is exciting but since it will be my first there are so many unknowns. You sound like you know more though :)

To many productive years on ICmag! :tiphat:

Edit: Doh, forgot the link - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=357387

Last edited:

JROCKIN

Welcome back yourself puffster!!! It's a great time to be a grower!! With affordable technology and legalization/relaxed laws it's easier than ever to jump back in. Sorry I cant be any help I know absolutely nothing about seed production or male plants. I'm sure you'll get all the answers here though. This is the most knowledgeable cannabis community in the world!

Latest posts

Latest posts