in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Cannabis Caramels

Thread Title Search
Cannabis Caramels Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 06:57 AM #1
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
Cannabis Caramels

2.25 cups brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup cannabutter
Salt to taste
Vanilla or bourbon or both to taste

9x9 pan
Medium saucepan
Whip
Candy thermometer

Melt butter with a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in sugar.

Once dissolved add the corn syrup.

Continue stirring until homogenous then add milk in three phases being sure to incorporate well each time.

Over medium high heat boil stirring well until the mixture is 243-245 degrees Fahrenheit. An interesting fact of sugary syrup is its tendency to stick and burn like all hell... be careful.

This shit will ruin your day. Wear pants.

At this point remove from heat and stir in flavorings, I used a tablespoon of vanilla and maybe two of bourbon, and stir well (you won't want to because stirring sucks and by now you've done to damn much already!).

Pour into greased (I use cannabutter obviously) 9x9 pan and cool completely.

Place in freezer for twenty minutes and cut with a really sharp not sticky knife. Pam spray helps the blade if your caramels didn't get hard (giggity) enough.

I shoot for 36 pieces but they are epic.

49 would be a better batch cut just in case somebody has anything to do for a few hours.
mean mr.mustard is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:07 PM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds delish!

How potent do you make your cannabudder?

I make mine at 1oz trim/stick or 2oz trim/cup.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:33 PM #3
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
Hard to say as I just eyeball it.

Last batch I had fourish ounces of mixed larf and trim into five pounds butter.

The time before that fivish ounces of mixed larf/trim went into four pounds of butter.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 PM #4
Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the rough
Any idea if I could substitute coconut oil for the butter?
Fred Sanford is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 10:46 PM #5
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
I've got to try this one. Got some potent butter begging for a recipe. Thanks for sharing.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 07:30 AM #6
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Shouldn't matter oil or butter but I'm not 100%.

My guess is since coco oil is solid at room temp and the moisture is more or less controlled by the heat to which you cook it it would be fine.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:17 PM #7
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

I could try a batch with plain coco oil I suppose. Just to find out.

The ladies keep plenty in the house.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:48 PM #8
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Coco oil will need to be refrigerated due to its softness at room temp but it works well.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2018, 02:01 AM #9
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond repute
I think some edibles are in my future.

Thank you for sharing !
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2018, 03:31 AM #10
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

When I reached for the jar of coco oil it wasn't quite solid so I just figured it wouldn't be a good idea... however refrigerated coco oil caramels may be a perfect texture even cold. (Butter makes them very stiff [giggity] in the fridge)

Good tip MJP

But I did another cannabutter batch and cut four long bars from the block and cut each into ten.

With more serious batches of butter I would think one inch pieces would be a good dose.

This batch leaves me with twice that for a single dose.

This tells me a few things...

I made a weak batch of butter.

I need to eat more caramels.

I like caramels.

Where was I going with this....?

Oh yeah.... if, for whatever reason, you are too high to remember salt just sprinkle pink Himalayan salt on the pan as it cools or each piece individually.