What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Okay guys, I did it. I killed them all.

My moms I mean, I had f'n spider mites and was tired of fighting them, been 5 long years keeping them at bay. Everyone knows how it goes, you get their numbers down and at the end of harvest you got a f' n web situation. So i killed everything and am starting fresh.

Sooo I gots a bunch of seeds, close to a hundred ,of various shit some from mag members some from others. Gonna let the rooms rest do a thorough cleaning and get this party started. I gots smoke but its flying off the shelves so i only have a short time to be down. Just thought I'd tell people who really knows the struggle.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for ya. If your mothers were special you should have taken clones and sent them into quarantine after a good bath in insecticide. For instance take some cuts, place some newspaper or any type of absorbent paper into a tupperware container, put the cuttings on it, spray everything wet with insecticide, wrap them into the paper and close the box. Let all sit 24 hours, then proceed with your rooting routine. This should kill everything in the box. Hope you get back on your feet again. You could also take a rest from smoking now that your stash runs out. Better do it by will than being forced. Ok I will stop now being precocious.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I just had to kill off most of my mothers due to the dud issue, most likely stem nematodes is the cause. So I feel your pain. It sux but at the same time, isn’t it a relief?!? Lol.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Man I'm so sorry for your loss. If I lost my current two mom's I'd definitely be saddened as I can't find seeds of em to replace em hope your new journey is as enjoyable as it was with the strains that were lucky enough to make the mom cut ;)

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Thanks guys yea its a slight relief. I was tired of the battle those buggers are resilient and i felt as though i couldnt be the best grower i could be with the mites. I couldnt even post pics of my plants for my friends on here to see. Made me feel like a scumbag too.

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully i can source a good glue cut and ogkb cut again those are the ones ill miss.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I've lost my mom's to fire, police, bugs, weather, etc. It's all part of growing. You are doing the right thing. Tear down and clean. Start fresh!

I'm sure some generous folks will help you out with clones. Clean it real good and don't look back.

Vibes for future bug free grow!

rocker

Sorry for your Loss, that really is a bummer, I bum out on a bad run, can't imagine losing your moms.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Any tips on a good bomb to let off in the room?and should i bomb with the equipment in the room ?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I use the Dr doom big cans when the room is empty. You want to remove your bulbs but it will be fine with the equipment. Best bet is to set one off then another in three days, maybe one more three days later if you are into overkill.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Sorry to hear. Like Guy B said....you could have saved your strains. As far as that goes, spider mites are a pain but can be dealt with. Russets....different matter. Good luck.

Andyo

Veteran
phytoselius persemillius success

phytoselius persemillius success

I had mass spider mite in 4 rooms with 6 x 1000w in each
I created perfect conditions during the next veg run for persimillius = 80 f 85% humidity applied healthy persimilius 4 batches 2 weekly intervals
It worked saw a few white dots on veg leaves at 3 weeks but by time flowering = 6 weeks veg no sign of mites dropped humidity to 70% 2 weeks into flowering went through to crop finish no mites
no mites on succesive crops either
The reason for humidity is so the phytoselius life cycle and succesive breading continues temperatue effects their maturation rate without the humidity the eggs dry out and die
the 4 x 2 week application intervals is so they breed and over whelm the spider mite
No good just adding a tube of phytoselius and waiting like a dick head A

Last edited:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Yes ive tried the predators also to no avail...Im pretty sure i could have saved my strains someway but I feel as though this was the only way to really get clean.

So yesterday i pulled the plastic from the floor and gave everyrhing a good sweep and vacuum and will be getting my reflective material for my walls and a couple bug bombs today. I cant lie building the rooms is my fav part of growing. I also have a pound or two sitting on the line ready to be trimmed...busy busy busy.

Klompen

Yes, spider mites love dry climate.

Yes, and spider mites are actually super easy to defeat if you understand their nature. Raise the humidity too much and they explode(literally), and drop the temps and their metabolism slows way down and they reproduce less. The trick is to raise the temps and dry everything out, and then lower the temps and get the humidity way up. Do this in a cycle of every 2-3 days for a while and the mites absolutely will all be dead and all their eggs will have hatched and in turn be killed before they could reproduce. That is the big trick; you cannot give them time to reproduce, but you have to get those eggs to hatch so you can kill them too. Too many people kill just the living mites and don't purposely attempt to hatch the next generation and treat again. Also, if you can capture some centipedes and release them during the humid cycle during your lights out time, they'll massacre the mites. Nothing kills plant pests as aggressively as centipedes do, but you have to understand their nature(they don't like light or dry conditions).

Alpha Ava

This what i would buy.
Stirrup M® is Troy Biosciences premiere performance enhancing mite pheromone which incorporates industry leading pheromone technology to attract mites to miticides. Stirrup M® overcomes the limitations of not achieving perfect spray coverage and, when used as suggested, aids in achieving superior crop protection. Stirrup M® - the number one miticide performance enhancement technology.

Hexygon® DF is a spray applied miticide designed to control spider mites in their egg and nymph life stages.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Hey Man ~ When are you kids going to get hip to NO PEST STRIPS in your grow rooms? They take care of it all!

Klompen

Hey Man ~ When are you kids going to get hip to NO PEST STRIPS in your grow rooms? They take care of it all!

I have used them and they do work to a degree, but its not safe to use them during late flowering. I've had them fail me pretty bad before but they're very good for some threats(especially gnats).