What's new

Newbie from California

parkerharry

Hello everyone, I am a new here and looking for the suggestion from all. I am suffering from anxiety for a long time. One of my friends suggested me for taking medical marijuana. Even I have seen many people taking it but I am bit confused as I have seen people who get high due to marijuana. So can anyone help me making a right decision for me?
informenter-marker-1.png

T

Teddybrae

if you are not already getting high I think this is a big learn for you . And it is hard for us to say what is right for you because you know best how you behave. In California there are Cannabis Pharmacies, yes? Maybe you could get good advice at one of these pharmacies ...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Start reading up on CBD rich strains. Cannabis is infinitely variable and it looks like you're searching for strains which do not get you high. Cannabis which is high in CBD will be more relaxing and anti-anxiety for you than high THC, low CBD cannabis.

If you have extreme anxiety, I strongly recommend finding a quality edible and eating a small amount once or twice a day, EVERY day. You'll find significantly better relief after 2-3 weeks of daily intake. Just like psyche meds. ;)

The good news is you have a better life waiting for you. The downside is prohibition has made a mess of quality info, so you'll have to dig to find what works the best for you.

Welcome to ICMag!! :D

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome

Welcome

Good luck on your quest.

Lots of people react differently to the same strain.

Some people react the OPPOSITE in some cases. Pretty amazing actually.

What this means is that if you are going yo really try and figure this out, you will have to try the extremes as well as the middle ground.

Many folks when they smoke a good sativa feel anxiety. Yet, there are others that say it is calming.

Keep posting about your results.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you eat? Are you on a controlled carbo diet? Soda? Water?

High sugar (carbos) can cause anxiety...

Welcome!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My brother uses BLD (Broad Leaf Drug type plants, mistakenly called Indicas) varieties to good effect to control his anxiety.

If your new to cannabis I'd check with the dispensaries in Cali previous to starting a grow. You may not care for the effects of cannabis in general and it would be a pity to waste so much time growing something you cannot use.

There are some very good places in cali, from what I've heard, to go get some samples from. If you can, speak to folks that suffer similarly as you do and get those folks advice on what varieties to choose.

Also, as Doug mentioned, look into CBD varieties if you don't like or can't handle the THC varieties highs and lows.

As a general rule... My brother likes Chems, OGs & Diesels. On top of that I would suggest trying some pure Afghanis but don't use them before work or you may not be able to.

Also, consider edibles. They are a bit longer lasting than smoking. This is because Delta 9 THC is converted to 11 Hydroxy-THC in the liver, which is a bit more potent and long lasting.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome to IC Mag!

Welcome to IC Mag!

Hi Parker Harry,

Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

parkerharry

Good luck on your quest.

Lots of people react differently to the same strain.

Some people react the OPPOSITE in some cases. Pretty amazing actually.

What this means is that if you are going yo really try and figure this out, you will have to try the extremes as well as the middle ground.

Many folks when they smoke a good sativa feel anxiety. Yet, there are others that say it is calming.

Keep posting about your results.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you eat? Are you on a controlled carbo diet? Soda? Water?

High sugar (carbos) can cause anxiety...

Welcome!
@slownickel I would appreciate for your concern and want to confirm you I am not on high sugar and not controlling carbo diet, soda, water and so on...

informenter-marker-1.png

Latest posts

Latest posts