You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Old Newb Returns

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Old Newb Returns Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2018, 01:34 AM #1
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
Old Newb Returns

So, hopefully this thread will become thread-worthy over time, not sure my measly little garden merits a thread of its own, and yet here we are.

Anyway, I used to grow, but gave it up a little more than 10 years ago. I was always growing for my own consumption, so nothing fancy or all that impressive. I have put a few plants out on my property from time to time, but more often than not those came to naught, because I'm in a damp cool environment from late summer through fall, with lots of fog - great environment for mold and slugs, not so good for cannabis.

This year I was facing the prospect of small scale growing being legal, so I started some really old seeds, a few remaining RM's Romulan F1s I had in the jar, and F2s I made from the F1's container-mates a decade or so back Stupidly I didn't keep track of which plants came from the F1s, and which came from the F2s... but really this was all meant to be a dry run to get back into growing again, so mistakes were bound to be made.

And believe me, mistakes were made - the upside being the handful of females I ended up with are a manageable size - the downside being they aren't monsters. But hey, they're plants. Vegged under a fairly old MH fixture, decided to give CMH a try for flower. It's for my own consumption and I can always buy, so not too concerned about yield.

So, today was 2 weeks into flower. Photos are of the two distinct phenos I have - one looking pretty Indicaish, the other Sativa. I'll have to try to get better photos outside on the next sunny day.

Last edited by yardgrazer; 11-11-2018 at 04:44 AM..
yardgrazer is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:45 AM #2
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
welcome back, hope the grow goes well.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:51 AM #3
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
I'd like to watch.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 10:50 PM #4
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
Well, it turns out I'm also not that good at taking photos, although TBF it was a little windy outside and I had to sneak in a shot or two when it stopped blowing for a second. Trying to let the girls outside any day when we get decent sun - can turn off the lamp for a bit, and they get to soak up that sweet natural UV.

Anyway, the one photo that came even close to looking good. I need to work on a less busy backdrop.

Oh, did want to say when I said they entered flower on 9/1, I meant I switched over to 12/12 on 9/1. I did do one round of defoliation around FD9.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:56 PM #5
yardgrazer

Meh, it's a lousy shot, but I'll throw in one of the Sativa looking plant as well.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:38 AM #6
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud ofTeddybrae has much to be proud of
Hello! your plants look good! how did you manage to stay away so long?

"Human consciousness, at the same time as being a form of Awareness, Sensitivity and Understanding, is also a form of Ignorance.
The ordinary everyday consciousness that we have ... leaves out ... more than it takes in. And because of this it leaves out things that are terribly important. It leaves out things that if we did know them would allay our anxieties, fears and horrors. We would have a deep, interior Peace.

Now ... the question that is absolutely basic for all Human Beings is: What have we left out?

(Allan Watts)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2018, 05:48 PM #7
yardgrazer

Thanks! Unfortunately I overferted them yesterday, particularly the Sativa. Damn that's a finicky plant. I imagine they'll recover, I'll flush for the next watering.

How did I stay away from ICM? Or Growing? I suppose the answer to both is life interceded (in a good way thankfully) and it seemed neither prudent nor time efficient to spend a lot of time on either. As to coming back after a good decade away, I finally have a spot I can control, where I'm not going to move so it's worth putting some effort into dialing things in. And once I'm back into hobby growing, what's more fun than going on a forum with other people who do the same thing?

Cultivation is legal where I live, eventually I imagine I might meet other people who grow IRL. Until then, I like the anonymity of the web.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:12 PM #8
yardgrazer

Wanted to be sure to post a quick update. Now at 22 days of 12/12.

Obviously the first shot is the Sativa looking plant, and the other two are a close-up and whole-plant shot of the Indica looking plant.

There are actually two more, one Sativa looking and one Indica. The other Sativa-y one looks fairly different, thinking back on it I actually pulled seeds from three places, the mailer pack the F1s came in, a bag full of F2s, and a bag that was marked "BS" (bagseed) but which I thought was likely all cast-off Romulan F2s I had missed previously. Now I'm not sure. The other two plants are further behind the ones pictured here.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:59 PM #9
yardgrazer

Yikes, I was already worried about low temperatures, particularly at night, and the really high humidity we're always facing this time of year, but now I'm super-freakin' out what with the (basically brand new) CMH lamp suddenly going on the fritz. Hopefully the long dark period last night won't mess things up too badly. It'll be what it'll be I guess.

Old 09-25-2018, 04:46 PM #10
yardgrazer

Meh, I think everything might be ok, fiddled with the CMH and it seems to be working... maybe I'll see if there's anyway I can string both lamps (there are conveniently 4 super strong hooks in the ceiling rafters), so I can have the MH at the ready should I run into more issues with the CMH.