Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > High quality grow tents

Thread Title Search
High quality grow tents Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2018, 02:30 PM #1
zappa66

zappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the rough
High quality grow tents

I was wondering what folks have to say about quality tents. There are a million tents out there now. I am considering upgrading my tent. have a real cheap one that has been great, but not its not built to last. Looking for something that won't have pinholes, quality zippers and all that jazz. secret jar., mammoth, gorilla, any others? looking for a 4x2 or 3x2.

I appreciate the input, lots of options around now.
zappa66 is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 03:20 PM #2
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
From my research Gorilla is a good choice
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 04:01 PM #3
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
My experience is with a Secret Jardin 120. No idea about other tents, but with this one I'd vaccum the whole tent, inside and out. Had some of the threading and material show up in the end flowers.

Use in a dark room, due to pinhole light leaks through material, zippers, velcro tabs and more. Wow. Just, wow.

Other than those issues, its a solid construction with quality materials. lol
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 04:46 PM #4
zappa66

zappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the roughzappa66 is a jewel in the rough
thanks for the input. I have a grow tent brand grow tent (heh) I got for $45 shipped. Has a handful of pinholes, and wonky zipper that require messing with from time to time. All things considered its great for the money. But I would like to have the new tent out in the house as opposed to in the closet. Pinholes won't do in that situation. I think if I spent triple the cash on a secret jardin and had similar issues I would be beside myself.
zappa66 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:40 PM #5
amannamedtruth

amannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to beholdamannamedtruth is a splendid one to behold
I've used a few brands and I have found the gorilla's to be my favorite.

'You forge your own chains.'
amannamedtruth is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2018, 11:05 PM #6
heatherlonglee

heatherlonglee has a spectacular aura aboutheatherlonglee has a spectacular aura aboutheatherlonglee has a spectacular aura aboutheatherlonglee has a spectacular aura aboutheatherlonglee has a spectacular aura about
Gorilla Grow tent is the best. You don't want the Gorilla Light though; you'll want the more expensive models. I have Secret Garden, Grow Lab, and Gorilla Grow tents. The others don't compare to Gorilla. You'll still have light leeks in every tent, you'll need to cover outside of any and all tents, black blankets is what I use on all sides; especially the front door.
If I take time to answer a question regarding your post, OP; I demand a rating + or - your choice. I take time to answer with spell check and proof reading. If my post was helpful or not, say so please.

Female gardener. Currently growing Weed.

I really miss the negative rating! Yeah I would bust a fool up back in the day; negative rep!
heatherlonglee is offline Quote

Old 09-18-2018, 03:39 PM #7
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Build a frame and get some panda plastic or orca film and make your own tent.
Kept in a dark room, You will never have light leaks.

Also, Gorilla tape works wonders for light leak repairs.
refer to the above post
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:37 PM #8
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Build a frame and get some panda plastic or orca film and make your own tent.
Kept in a dark room, You will never have light leaks.

Also, Gorilla tape works wonders for light leak repairs.
refer to the above post
I'll second that, 2x4 and panda is what I always used. Was given two tents recently, some name starts with an H and is Chinese. It has more leaks than a strainer. Works ok for veg though.

The panda tents are a little more permanent. But definitely best quality.
Lester Beans is offline Quote