Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > International Forums > Canada > Bye Bye TCC (no more thomspon caribou)

Thread Title Search
Bye Bye TCC (no more thomspon caribou) Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2018, 05:00 PM #1
blastfrompast

blastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to all
Bye Bye TCC (no more thomspon caribou)

Closing shop at end of the month....a few others in the game are doing the same...

Seems the new regs and prison sentences are the push for those to cash in their chips and get out while the getting is good.
blastfrompast is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 05:31 PM #2
Somatek

Somatek will become famous soon enoughSomatek will become famous soon enough
It's sad as that's the end of an era but also understandable as the whole scene has changed since they opened back in the 90's.
Somatek is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 01:52 AM #3
totreesdotcom

totreesdotcom is on a distinguished road
Damn, that’s sad to hear.
totreesdotcom is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 05:39 PM #4
catalyte

catalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to allcatalyte is a name known to all
doom and gloom.

game over for the small guys.
catalyte is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2018, 01:29 AM #5
Buddha1

Buddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyte View Post
doom and gloom.

game over for the small guys.
I agree....

From now on it's...Big Pharma, Big Tabbaco, Big Alcohol, Big Marijuana...sigh!...Big Everything.

The is over.

After legalization these sites and forums will probably fade away as well.

Legalization is... Bitter Sweet....

Peace...B
Buddha1 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:43 PM #6
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
TCC was small?

More pie for everyone else.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2018, 08:31 PM #7
HiFiGanja

HiFiGanja is a jewel in the roughHiFiGanja is a jewel in the roughHiFiGanja is a jewel in the roughHiFiGanja is a jewel in the roughHiFiGanja is a jewel in the roughHiFiGanja is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfrompast View Post
Closing shop at end of the month....a few others in the game are doing the same...

Seems the new regs and prison sentences are the push for those to cash in their chips and get out while the getting is good.

Its crazy how many die hard growers are also shutting down. Some are putting up their properties for sale and moving from the coast to the interior and a huge chunk going back to work but its not even legalization per se that is killing it, its all the med licenses and how much weed there is in the market. The market would even still be ok with $900/lb IF it was moving. ATM its stagnant unless you are ok with $500-700/lb and that still has to be good weed.

I and everyone one I know knew things were going to eventually go down and change but no one expected to all of a sudden the whole market crash in March and end so fast.

Last edited by HiFiGanja; 09-19-2018 at 09:46 PM..
HiFiGanja is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:41 PM #8
Buddha1

Buddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGanja View Post

I and everyone one know, knew things were going to eventually go down and change but no one expected to all of a sudden the whole market crash in March and end so fast.
I was talking over this exact subject with some friends. We finally agreed...If any of us had any idea things would go this bad, this fast... we could have saved some cash and invested it into some stock of the larger LP's... because it's the only way any of us will be allowed into this legal market...its totally a millionaire's game now.

The conversation all started over the news story on the LP, Arora. The reporter was asking the rep for Arora questions about their operation. The rep said..."We(Arora) are opening another facility soon, it will have 750,000 square feet of greenhouse growing space... that will bring our foot print to 3,000,000 square feet of greenhouse growing area. By May next year, we will be producing 20,000 kilograms per month...250,000 kilograms annually". How can any grower from the past complete with the future growers if there going that big, that fast. Like I said... it's a millionaire's game now... mom and pop, up to the 100 plus lights operation is done, once these larger LP's get up to full operating potential.

And with this Micro grower/producer program, HC set up... the LP's will get access to all the bootlegger strains, they couldn't before. Here's how it works...LP's can only get seeds and clones from legal sources...but Micro producers(let's call them MP's) don't have to justify or explain where they get there strains or starter material...MP's are lisenced and legal, they can sell to the LP's(dry bud, clones and seeds...etc., etc.)...LP's can buy from MP's because they are a legal source.

IMHO...As far as I'm concerned... they(HC) figured out a way to get the LP's all the good illegal strains that they(LP's) could never compete with...ever. Now once the LP's have all the good stains, they'll no longer need the MP and will stop buying from them all together... the MP's will eventually go bankrupt, because who can compete with one operation producing 20,000 keys per month of the best strains available and there are 2 other LP's rated as large as Arora and I'm sure they will be doing the same.

It might take a few years, maybe a decade... but the large LP's with millionaires and bankers backing them...will eventually own the entire Recreational market and we will have given it to them. The only way this scenario will not play out, is if bootleggers don't sell to MP's and MP's don't sell to LP's.... Which will be impossible, we all know there will always be people that will...greed has always been and will always be human nature.

Apologies for the length of my post... after reading my rant, I'm now totally fuckin depressed....

Peace...B
Buddha1 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:01 AM #9
Gmack

Gmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really nice
Fwiw tcc post on Instagram all say they are ceasing online sales. Not that product won't be available elsewhere. And I read comments from one of the coowners saying they could be back in the legal market just it will take time. So who knows. Lots of other edibles mfgs out there anyways. Syrup and cheap shatter were the draw to tcc.
Gmack is offline Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 12:47 AM #10
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
I wonder if its possible to keep the good stuff away from the corporate greedies?