What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trouble draining your reservoir?

Get yerself one of these hand bilge pumps from any good outdoor or boating supply.

Makes flushing my rez a breeze even with limited clearance...

happy flushing!

Yeah....the pump housing is about 2' long so fully extended it's almost 4'...seems to work fine on half strokes if that makes any dif...good luck!

cabanetforester

I drop a an aquarium powerhead in mine. I ziptie some tubing to the output and away it goes.

My DWC tubs are kind of big though so I might have more room without sucking up the roots or cloging the Powerhead.

I went to Lowe's and got a 170 gph pump made for pond fountains, etc. and it works extremely well, and only cost me 21 bucks plus about a dollar for tubing. That's a good deal, I'd say. The only downside is that it only pumps out the water till there's about 1/2 inch left, so you've got to finish the rest with a syringe/turkey baster as the above guy said. Luckily, I use syringes to measure out my nutes so it's already available. I saw the necessity of pumping out the buckets when I began to get scared of buds breaking off of my plants when taking them out of the closet for res changes. Definitely not feasible anymore with such big plants.

AzLaker

Thanks Mr. Wags for the tip about the pump on E-Bay. Will work great on transfering water in my Hydro buckets.
AzLaker
:bandit:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
-bump-

http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=825523

Rush Limbong has found the ultimate res draining tool; its called the Python "no spill". It basically attaches to your sink faucet so you can drain and fill your DWC tub with just a switch of a lever.

It comes in models of 25ft, 50ft, 75ft and 100ft. It also has a 10ft and 20ft extension. Its kinda expensive so expect to pay around $35 for the base model.

Give him some rep+

nospill.jpg

Last edited:

Frogger

HI pontiac, i thoute of telling the guy's about the Python but didn't
it's good someone did :bat: new it was good idea :confused: :pointlaug

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
I just noticed something. The python no spill is almost identicle to a waterbed fill & drain kit. They both use a venturi pump to drain a body of water, but the waterbed fill & drain kit is only 7 bucks on ebay.

0c87_1_b.JPG

thanks Deadlyfoez!

Playaction

These guys are right. The aquarium fill/drain tool works great. Only drawbacks...1. Nutes go down drain vs outside to garden. 2. Requires you to run/waste your own tap water when draining to "suck" the water out your res. Dont STRIP the fittings that go in the Faucet!! 8 bucks to replace a small fitting

mtnjohn

Veteran
i dont change my res. untill i flush..but i think i'm gonna get one of these gadgets just for that
good thread
mj

K

karl420

what you mean by you dont change your rez ..? is it mean that u make one mix and use it all the run?

-karl

mtnjohn

Veteran
no , i just add a nutrient mixture by the gallon as the plants use it up

i never do a full res change untill i flush 1.5-2 weeks before harvest
just top off with the nutes

seems to work fine

plants are always the picture of good health.imo

K

karl420

heya there thank for the fast answer man :p yaaa man that nice ganja :D hehe loook ultra pretty nice setup and buds man :D

-karl

Scenario420

I just noticed something. The python no spill is almost identicle to a waterbed fill & drain kit. They both use a venturi pump to drain a body of water, but the waterbed fill & drain kit is only 7 bucks on ebay.

0c87_1_b.JPG

thanks Deadlyfoez!

Good lookin out for the info Pontiac...I'm going to look into both of these, thx bro...

Latest posts

Latest posts