What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Orange Diesel Fem Grow

starke

Lets get this show on the road.

First, a big thank you to PANIKZ for giving this old fart the opportunity to grow some quality bud and tell a story at the same time.

THE PLAN:

Upon germination seeds will be transferred to "Hempy" cups with a Hydroton/Perlite mixture. I am planning on about an eight week veg which should allow time to identify pheno differences. At the end of veg the eight most vigorous/interesting phenotypes will be selected for flower. Veg will be primarily under homemade off the shelf LED fixtures. The ladies will be transplanted twice. Once from the "Hempy" cups into approximately one gallon containers and then into three gallon buckets for flowering. The ladies will be flowered in a 5'x8' room using two URSA LED 640W (actual) full spectrum LEDs. Nutrients throughout the grow will be Jack's Hydro 5-12-26 and Jack's Calnit 15-0-0 at ecs and ratios to be discussed later.

Well that's the plan and it all looks just peachy posted here on the internet. Let's see what actually transpires...

The Seeds:

picture.php

picture.php

And into a shot glass they went. Hopefully we have had our only glitch for this mission here at the beginning since I managed to bounce one seed off the rim of the shotglass, never to be found on the kitchen floor. Should not surprise me, I used to have the same luck at basketball back in the day.
picture.php

Next update when we've got some tails.

Peace,
starke

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Looking good Starke I shall be watching with a close eye good luck buddy,..

starke

8 hours in the shot glass and they had all sunk to the bottom. Into a damp paper towel in a container and on top of the Dish receiver. Really pisses our cat off since that is her favorite warm place to lay. Anyway, checked them a little while ago and nine out of eleven have tails. Going to leave them until the roots extend a little more, then into the Hempy cups. Betting that will be tomorrow.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got 1 of these flowering that's a very nice plant. It's very hardy and perfect Xmas tree type plant. The 1 I've got is in a 5gal bucket, it's not the biggest plant but if in large container and optimal condition they are gonna be great. Good luck I'm promising your gonna be happy with these!!!

starke

I've got 1 of these flowering that's a very nice plant. It's very hardy and perfect Xmas tree type plant. The 1 I've got is in a 5gal bucket, it's not the biggest plant but if in large container and optimal condition they are gonna be great. Good luck I'm promising your gonna be happy with these!!!

Thanks for the info.

starke

Woke up this morning to tails everywhere. Looked like the ladies were trying to wiggle out of the paper towell:
picture.php

All 11 seeds sprouted and were placed into their Hempy cups. I place a teaspoon of vermiculite in the center of each cup to embed the seedling in until it breaks ground. My thinking is the vermiculite ensures enough moisture around the seedling in the first few critical days.
picture.php

So we have 11 Sour Orange Diesel ladies waiting to raise their heads under the homemade LEDs.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next update when there is some green to show.

Peace,
starke

starke

A Shameless Plug

A Shameless Plug

Since this is a vendor thread I figure a shameless plug will be OK. I am neither a long time nor a large scale grower so I have not germinated thousands of seeds like many here. I must say though that based on my limited experience these are the most vigorous seeds I have ever germed.

As I am typing this we are 96 hours since the seeds hit the water in the shot glass and this is how the ladies look now. Hats off to Real Gorilla Seeds for vigor.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Noddy

Speedy germination! An 8 week veg time could well grow some absolutely beasts, great stuff!

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Just a quick update to mark the passage of a week since the girls broke ground. Although the photos may not show it, the girls have grown during the past week and are looking good. For next weeks update I will try and get individual closeups of the girls. Here is how they look this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

maimunji

Just a quick update to mark the passage of a week since the girls broke ground. Although the photos may not show it, the girls have grown during the past week and are looking good. For next weeks update I will try and get individual closeups of the girls. Here is how they look this morning:

View Image

View Image

Peace,
starke

Always want to give coco hempy solo cups shot for seedlings. Will try next time. Once they hit the rez they explode yeah?

Latest posts

Latest posts