What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cleaning Pipe Question

FrayedO

I will me traveling to a festival/protest for the reform of marijuana law's, would like to bring a pipe but dont wanna risk the pipe having resin in it, what do you guys think the best way to get a glass bowl to the "brand new" look, Im not tryin to make the colors change but just dont want the piggys findin it with resin in there? I heard Iso. works good. Any other suggestions? Its a glass pipe by the way.

P.S.......I didnt know where to post this but the resin section seamed like the right place.... :joint:

shankDank

I do exactly stated as above by shmike ..... except for i pour salt into the pipe with the ISO, the salt acts as an abrassive.

G

or, leave your pipe at home & construct a peasant pipe everywhere / time you wana hit

peasant pipes are soda cans recycled into something useful, again doing your bit for the planet.

Take a soda can by the base and use your thumb to indent the side wall (as close to the bottom as possible) Take a sharp object like a nail, and create a few small holes in the flattend area to create a make do gauze. the access opening to the can is where your mouth goes, add some tasty bud and you have a nice pipe! (extra hole for a carb is optional)

people may at this point claim that smoking thru aluiminum can cause Alzenheimers (this stems from heroin users roasting their product on foil,chasing the dragon etc, altho this has yet to be proven & is most likely an urban myth,)
people subject their bodies to aluiminum every day by the simple act of applying anti-persperant which consists of active aluminum ingredients.

others (like me) prefare to remove the paint from the can b4 hitting it, and very few people refuse to hit it, sooooo u might wana consider it an option,

ps, dont mean to teach you how to suck eggs but someone is bound to ask about it,

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Bleh, seeing people smoke out of cans makes me think of middle school/high school. I've found the best way to clean all of my pipes is to get a large ziplock bag, fill it up 1/3-1/2 with isopropyl alcohol, and put like an inch of salt into it. Put your piece in here, roll up the top so it doesn't leak, and shake it for 10-15 minutes. They come out looking brand new. Just make sure you rinse them out thoroughly with water before you use it.

aeric

Veteran
i do similar but simply soak it overnight in the ISO or even H202, next morning everything is easily scraped out, then rinse with the hot water. This works great on pieces that haven't been cleaned in years. A small 1 liter bong can easily be made if u just carry the detachable bowl/stem thingy, then burn a hole later in the 1 liter, better yet roll one, no para left for anyone to find.

J

James-Bong

Soak in oxyclean for 10 min..... then use Nail polish remover....... Rinse well....

Latest posts

Latest posts