Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > How often do you feed?

Thread Title Search
How often do you feed? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2018, 03:19 PM #1
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
How often do you feed?

Simple question and I know the answers will vary but, how often do you feed your girls, both in veg and flower? I am sure more questions will follow the discussion. I am trying to dial my grows in
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 03:53 PM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously not enough. My girls are always looking hungry.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:04 PM #3
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nice
In veg I feed with every watering up until a week before I am ready to harvest. I just changed nutrients however. Now I feed with Maxi-Bloom right up to the formation of sizeable buds and now I am feeding those with Cha Ching to finish them off. I was using Miracle Grow at quarter strength with every watering. I used to use Peter's 20-20-20 when I was a commercial grower with every watering.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 04:48 PM #4
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysvjubb View Post
In veg I feed with every watering up until a week before I am ready to harvest. I just changed nutrients however. Now I feed with Maxi-Bloom right up to the formation of sizeable buds and now I am feeding those with Cha Ching to finish them off. I was using Miracle Grow at quarter strength with every watering. I used to use Peter's 20-20-20 when I was a commercial grower with every watering.
@ what strength? Full, 1/2, 1/4? I do know that feeding more often with a milder solution is better than let's say once a week with a full solution.

BTW I am growing in HP promix in 3gal cloth pots. Nutes are "gobox" by GO.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:23 PM #5
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
GO is a good line.

IMO, your best bet is to start light with nutes then work your way up to full strength (until you can visibly see burning) then back off until you visibly see hunger then bump it up just a notch to keep the gals healthy.

I dont recall where I read the above... I just need to follow this protocol but I'm using dry nutes and that makes it difficult to titrate, so to speak.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 05:44 PM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by icmag
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MJPassion again.
I concur. Remember the part about backing off till they're hungry again. Most growers feed till burning then back off a bit, which really grows much lower quality. Less is more with cannabis.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 06:14 PM #7
Switcher56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I concur. Remember the part about backing off till they're hungry again. Most growers feed till burning then back off a bit, which really grows much lower quality. Less is more with cannabis.
Please expand. Your post unfortunately is a generalization.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:34 PM #8
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
If I can, I like to feed 3 to 4 times a day when I get hungry.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 07:14 PM #9
Switcher56

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If I can, I like to feed 3 to 4 times a day when I get hungry.
U bad!

Old 08-19-2018, 07:36 PM #10
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
It depends how often I water. Usually, I will feed full strength nutes one time and then plain water the next watering. If I am watering every other day, they get fed twice a week.

However, there are times during rapid root growth that I water every day. If that is the case, I still only feed about twice a week.

I used to do 1/2 nutes every time I watered. Now, I alternate with full nutes and plain water. I think I get better results this way. Seems like the plain water in between feedings is sort of a 'mini flush' each time.