What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa hemp

L

larry badiner

I scored an eighth of hemp cbd from some web site, and the leaves are a heavy sativa. completely thin, calyxes look years old, and its smooth, I dont cough at all even when i take a huge hit.

Hemp has been sativa for years, maybe even centuries. You rarely see a pure hemp indicia, so farmers have been natively cultivating sativa for centuries!

I'm thinking, in these sativa hemp seeds there could be gold, maybe even a true relic of the sativa genes

What does everyone think?

Koondense

Veteran
Hemp is bred to be narrow leaf so you can have high plant density for fibre and seed production.
It doesn't fit the common label "sativa" just because of narrow leaf, it's a NLH variety(narrow leaf hemp), what is called "sativa" by thc seakers is a NLD(narrow leaf drug) variety.
There is gold(or diamonds) out there but needs a lot of work and time to become of value.

Nice article:
https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/naming-cannabis-the-indica-versus-sativa-debate/

Cheers

Som 2

Sativa hemp grows wild in large quantities all over the Midwestern US. It is cultivated at commercial scale on the Canadian Prairies. It is descended from Russian hemp. If anything, its genetics are much better preserved than drug strains.

L

larry badiner

Sativa hemp grows wild in large quantities all over the Midwestern US. It is cultivated at commercial scale on the Canadian Prairies. It is descended from Russian hemp. If anything, its genetics are much better preserved than drug strains.

I'm more interested in things like floral deformities, mutations, possibly high resin production hemp seed

when i get the cash, ill score a bunch of hemp seed and plant a field of hemp and see what happens in a decade

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I scored an eighth of hemp cbd from some web site, and the leaves are a heavy sativa. completely thin, calyxes look years old, and its smooth, I dont cough at all even when i take a huge hit.

Hemp has been sativa for years, maybe even centuries. You rarely see a pure hemp indicia, so farmers have been natively cultivating sativa for centuries!

I'm thinking, in these sativa hemp seeds there could be gold, maybe even a true relic of the sativa genes

What does everyone think?

When you say "cultivating sativa" you are being redundant.

The term Sativa literally means "cultivated"...