Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cannabis and Silver Thiosulfate Solution: What Growers First Brought Us the Info?

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Cannabis and Silver Thiosulfate Solution: What Growers First Brought Us the Info? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2018, 08:07 PM #1
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Cannabis and Silver Thiosulfate Solution: What Growers First Brought Us the Info?

I've personally researched using STS, and have also used it successfully. Most of what I read was simply re-posted without credit. I would like to give credit where it is due, so I'm looking for historical information.

What growers first brought working STS methods to the cannabis community? Does anyone have names and dates, along with the methods being pushed?

Thank You!

This is an Early Dane I used STS on.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:23 PM #2
The_Skunkist

The_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud ofThe_Skunkist has much to be proud of
Source:

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/moham...oduct-1429.php

Quote:
According to Sweet Seeds, this strain was created to honour the botanist HY Mohan Ram, and especially for his article "Induction of Fertile Male Flowers in Genetically Female Cannabis sativa Plants by Silver Nitrate and Silver Thiosulphate Anionic complex Theor. Appl. Genet. 62, 369-375 (1982) ", in which he explains how to feminise a cannabis sativa plant using silver nitrate and an anionic silver thiosulfate complex. This method, known as STS, is based on reversing the sex of female plants, what allows us to obtain feminised seeds. For this reason, Sweet Seeds expresses its deepest gratitude to Mohan Ram.
Hope it helps , just my 2 cents.
The_Skunkist is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 PM #3
HookahsGarden

HookahsGarden has a spectacular aura aboutHookahsGarden has a spectacular aura aboutHookahsGarden has a spectacular aura aboutHookahsGarden has a spectacular aura aboutHookahsGarden has a spectacular aura about
The latest podcast of therealdirt talks about this issue with one of todays preeminent feminized breeders. Nspecta of CSI Humboldt. I think you'll find the topic interesting because he discusses who brought some of the first feminized techniques to the community on the forums.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:53 PM #4
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Awesome contributions! Thanks to you both.

I went looking for this info and started with a search on google. Marijuana Silver Thiosulfate Solution
The top result is my steemit article on the subject. lol Given time restraints and the poor results my search choices were generating, I figured a thread on here would be significantly more productive. I'm off to listen to the podcast, thanks.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:04 PM #5
JetLife175

JetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really niceJetLife175 is just really nice
The first person I really saw pushing it in the community was Matt Riot. Say what you want about the guy but he knows his shit.

He was the first I ever saw talk about it and put out a basic recipe for it.
JetLife175 is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 09:09 PM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife175 View Post
The first person I really saw pushing it in the community was Matt Riot. Say what you want about the guy but he knows his shit.

Do you remember when this was? From the podcast, Hibe and Countrymon on CW were talking about it back in 2002. I wasn't looking for this kind of information back then, so I guess I completely missed it. heh

Old 08-14-2018, 11:24 PM #7
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife175 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Do you remember when this was? From the podcast, Hibe and Countrymon on CW were talking about it back in 2002. I wasn't looking for this kind of information back then, so I guess I completely missed it. heh

I do recall discussing this w Matt and quite a few others around '06 on the Skunk Magazine Forums... Not sure where else Matt hung out. Maybe RIU?
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 12:00 AM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Interesting, since CW and OG went down in 2006? Whatever he was posting would have stayed around as one of the only sources.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:49 PM #9
Douglas.Curtis

Apparently Matt Riot still sells a reversal spray. Billed as "not using regular silver nitrate," and is sprayed every day. I'm guessing it contains gib?

I'll keep looking.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:03 PM #10
Chrondiddle O

Chrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really nice
I'm 99.9% sure the first feminised seeds I ever heard of were dutch passion
Chrondiddle O is offline Quote