What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Best Dam Grow Show"

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Hi everyone :wave:
You've heard of "The Best Dam Sports Show" Now let me introduce you to "The Best Dam Grow Show" First and most importantly I started with a blank empty space and worked it up from scratch.Starting with the framing which was built from 2x4 's I built it to code stud every 16" used concrete ankers to stablize the frame as well as brackets to interlock the 2x4's .The walls have been drywalled, insulated, plastered and painted.I built a ac wall and wall for the chiller and dehumidifier this way all the heat from the ac,dh,wc all go straight out of the room and into a crawl space. Next i lined the room with reflectix insulation stapled,taped and sealed to perfection.Now for the door entrance i got a little creative and built a bookshelf door entrance this way its hidden from the naked eye. The bookshelf was built with 1x10 pine and stained to match the old sstain on the old trim.

The room has a well built into the floor where a sump pump is installed and plumbing is ran into the sewer system from it. I have installed a 60 amp sub panel using 8 gauge wire from the main panel to the sub panel, Then 8 gauge from the sub panel to the 120v intermadic timer board, From there i ran 8 gauge wire into a junction box. Then ran 10 gauge wire from the junction box to the 20 amp outlets. I also ran 2 20 amp outlets using 12 gauge wire ran from the main panel to the outlets.These will be for the fans and ect. For plumbing i have a copper line brought in from the cold water line. Installed 2 faucets 1 for the ro system and one for washing system out and cleaning hands ect.

For lighting i have 2 1k hps in cool tubes plus a 400w mh in reflector mounted in the center. I am using a vortex 747 cfm fan to pull from the window which has been blocked off from outside and blows directly through the cool tubes and into the crawl space. I have hepa filter for in room air cleaning as well as a carbon scrubber with a dayton 465cfm blower which is mounted to the top of the carbon scrubber so it pulls through the scrubber not blows into it. Ok thats pretty much it on the specs for now atleast

Now i will post the pics from start to finish. Until next time be safe and take care! :joint:

Last edited:

70s_PotHead

Fucking cool dude that room is totally awesome, very professional and well thought out. Thanks for taking the time to show it off to all us drooling dreamers. So whats the grow plan, can't wait and got me a front row seat :woohoo:

70s :joint:

G

so what kind of books you putting on that fake shelf?
sweet idea on the hidden entrance!!!
you are a clever fucker, indeed!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Well for books i am going to go to the book store and load up.What type of books is unknown still but i am going to fill it up nicely.Thanks for the replies!

Keefhead

That is an absolutely perfect grow room. Congratulations. I love to see that.

I'm gonna be pulling up a seat on this one.

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Keefhead said:
That is an absolutely perfect grow room. Congratulations. I love to see that.

I'm gonna be pulling up a seat on this one.

absolutly perfect!

Camo Thumb

Damn Blaze! That's one of the cleanest,
most well thought out room i've ever seen :respect:
After all you've been thru this space should give you
bumper crops w/o all the stress and hassle of your last spot.
LET THE GREENERY FILL THAT WONDERFUL SPACE TO THE GILLS! :yoinks:
CT :joint:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
incredible room, one of the most preofessional looking rooms ive seen. this is gonna be the BEST DAMN SHOW haha. so what strains are going in there?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Wow i guess i made the right move starting a new thread for this one lol!Thanks for all the kind words and catch you all soon.

G

i think books on flowers.... would be a nice touch....dude your room is stealth

Budweiser13

Master Blaze I am tagging this one cant wait to see some killer frosty Buds in that hidden room of yours................

HyGradeChronic

..yep, i'm drunk, ....., but, i tell truth, NO FORKED TONGUE BULLSHIT!!!!!
..... teehee!!!!!
..... peace
.... mini krusty/HGC