What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 Meteor Shower thread

KONY

Veteran
Was pretty decent here last night from 10-1230. Then the cloudy rolled in quick. Saw 1 really good one though and dozen okay ones.

Cvh

Supermod
018d284f327d4122a22c9db760e5b425.jpg
A scandinavian friend of mine sented me this picture. But it's not his pic either.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Right on Right on�� saw a couple tonight... Pretty cool
Cool pics of the shower CVH

KONY

Veteran
Geminids is coming up soon. (mid-evening December 13 until dawn December 14.)

Last years was epic for us and I will probably never forget. Well worth the outside December temps.

Last edited:

ChinggisKhaan

I am going to catch these this year. Divorce can create amazing opportunities. I moved 150 miles away from Oakland CA into the Lost Sierra Mountains, population 1270. I can see the Milky way galaxy from my front porch. Thanks for the reminder KONY!

KONY

Veteran
I saw 2 good ones, although not nearly as good as the great one we saw last year. The first good one I saw within first minute of being out there. Very bright white tail, but not that long. The second good one I saw was long and left a nice tail behind it.

I saw dozens of mediocre ones and a few that were in between epic and mediocre.
All in all I would give this years shower, for me anywho a 8/10.

Latest posts

Latest posts