What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Issue with new growth turning purple

Any opinion Re removing plant? Is this the tip of the iceberg of something worse to come and spread to other plants all unaffected?

Attachments

• DSC_0280.jpg
    DSC_0280.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 22

PDX Dopesmoker

I tried some low dilution slphur/copper spray and other products, 1/2 of my plants are in bud, Would you recommend spraying in bud?

If you have more than 4 weeks until harvest you can probably spray sulfur without ill effect. Maybe spray some of the plants that haven't flowered yet and see if it does anything good first before you spray the flowers.

browntrout

Veteran
My plant in purple question ended up getting powdery mildew..

Welcome to Canada lol,

There is what we expect to be a new strain of PM that has been giving us major issues in the last 2-3 years. We have never seen it to this extent outdoors, previously it was something that was just a nuisance on lower leaves outdoors, now it infects whole plants and UV from the sun doesn’t seem to affect it too much.

This PM can totally fuck an indoor grow, fo not bring plants from outdoors in even if they show no signs but has been noted elsewhere.

Things are only getting worse in terms of bugs/fungus/bacteria.

'Boogieman'

I can report that since cutting out all the infected branches this purple crap has not come back. I tossed the infected branches on the ground only 100ft away or so. I have four solid plants left out of six so it's not a total loss.

Latest posts

Latest posts