Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Bud factor X, Bud Candy, Snowstorm ultra and many others secret ingredient exposed.

Thread Title Search
-
Bud factor X, Bud Candy, Snowstorm ultra and many others secret ingredient exposed. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2018, 06:52 AM #1
BubbaBear

BubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura about
Bud factor X, Bud Candy, Snowstorm ultra and many others secret ingredient exposed.

So the long time debate on whether salylicic acid is beneficial during flower is over. According to the Oregon Department of Agriculture salylicic acid was found in all of these products. Plus a bunch of other shady ingredients in several other products.

Advanced nutrients- Bud Candy> contains salicylic acid
Advanced nutrients- Bud factor X> contains salicylic acid
Humboldt county's own- Snowstorm ultra> contains salicylic acid
Heavy 16- Fire, Fire> contains salicylic acid also contains idole-3-butyric acid.
Cutting Edge Solutions- Uncle John's Blend> contains salicylic acid
Mills- C4> contains salicylic acid
NPK- Stack> contains salicylic acid
Green Planets- Finish> contains salicylic acid
Vegamatrix- Boost> contains salicylic acid
Rambridge- Frost protection plus> contains salicylic acid
Vital Grow- Thunder Bloom> contains salicylic acid
Optic Foliar- AT-AK> contains salicylic acid
Optic Foliar- Overgro> contains salicylic acid and 3-indoleacetic
acid.

Optic Foliar- Switch> contains ethephon.

NPK Industries- Mighty Wash and Ultimate Wash products contain pyrethrins
Green Planet Nutrients- Mega Wash contains pyrethrins.

And two of the biggest shockers on the list are
Uber nutrients- Pyyro K contains paclobutrazol and....

Azatrol contains permethrin, bifenthrin, cypermethrin, cyfluthrin, and chlorpyrifos! WTF !!! No wonder that shit works so good. Off label salicylic acid is one thing but a supposed organic pesticide containing a bunch of toxic chemicals is a completely different ballgame, those fuckers should be sued.

If the link below doesn't work for you copy and paste then scroll down and click the Pesticides Advisory section to see the results.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/...esticides.aspx

Does anyone know why they have salylicic acid as a pesticide anyway? I know its known to deter pests due to the SAR reaction from the plant, but is there any harm from having some salylicic acid in your plants?

Last edited by BubbaBear; 07-26-2018 at 10:27 AM..
BubbaBear is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:37 PM #2
perismoke

perismoke will become famous soon enoughperismoke will become famous soon enoughperismoke will become famous soon enough
Now Bubba this is a thought provoking piece of info...I never considered salicylic acid to have pesticide properties
perismoke is offline Quote

Old 07-30-2018, 03:50 AM #3
BubbaBear

BubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura aboutBubbaBear has a spectacular aura about
Yup I've known of its pesticidle properties but did not know legal states considered its use as being that of a banned pesticide. I wonder if they know of any negative side effects or if it's just a precaution for the unknown.

it's been debated on forums for years whether salylicic acid is beneficial during flower for increasing trichomes and resin. Many people were under the impression that it caused less trichomes and hermies. I guess that debate is over it seems to be the secret ingredient in most of the resin enhancers on the market. Thanks Oregon department of Agriculture, info like that its one of the few benefits of legalization.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:23 AM #4
MIhomegrown

MIhomegrown is on a distinguished road
wow all of them have salicylic acid! Are those products ban because they have pest deterring properties? Aloe vera and willow bark extract have salicylic acid and probably better than buying any of those products.
MIhomegrown is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:40 AM #5
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't salicylic acid just aspirin? Wikipedia says it serves as a plant hormone, and is commonly used in fertilization. Is this another way to screw the cannabis grower. Sure seems it is.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 08-12-2018, 08:36 AM #6
BubbaBear

Salicylic acid is not the same thing as aspirin. The two medicines are related, and have similar-sounding chemical names. Aspirin is also known as acetylsalicylic acid, which is created by a chemical reaction between salicylic acid and acetic acid. You can use aspirin but it's not ideal especially during flower the smell of the aspirin seems to make it's way into the plant. Salicylic acid can easily be found in it's pure form for cheap.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:08 PM #7
Mengsk

Mengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really nice
If 'juicing' is a good thing it may continue to evolve/push the envelope. I did not know the 'secret' of how some hydro is so sugary, maybe this is part of it. For legalization, idk maybe Oregon Dept of Ag deemed something there not too safe for food. Does that have anything to do with the thc % idk.

AN has a new OIM line would be interesting to see how they compare. For me it is always a costly endeavor though I'm curious what would happen in a side by side or grid with a few different nutrient selections, all hydro or all soil, same lighting etc. I wouldn't say ironically, cannabis is what motivates its growing which innovates for the whole industry. Don't want to get carried off topic but same thing consumer choice organic IMO.
Mengsk is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2018, 09:48 PM #8
Iffy
Nil Illegitimus Carburundum

Iffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud ofIffy has much to be proud of
I've used Willow-bark steep for years in this regard but Salicylic acid, Aloe Vera and Willow are also root stimulators. Does SA mimick an attack on the plant then, in the same way Chitosan does? I know Bud-X and a few others also used Chitosan to enhance trich production and I wonder if they work together to do this.

Regards,
Iffy

The Chronic Pain Club - a resource for us all!

My definition of an EXPERT; An 'EX' is a has-been & a 'SPURT' is a drip under pressure!

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ***
All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small.
Lao Tzu

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ***
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Iffy is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2018, 11:19 PM #9
hyposomniac

hyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nice
Does anyone know more about the testing?
I'm curious if this is a comprehensive list of off-label ingredients, or just one they happened to test for.
hyposomniac is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 07:43 AM #10
Cannabologist

Cannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by perismoke View Post
Now Bubba this is a thought provoking piece of info...I never considered salicylic acid to have pesticide properties
All PGRs are considered pesticides.

This is some interesting stuff
Nor heed the rumble of a distant drum!
Cannabologist is offline Quote