What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello from Canada!

Hashishh

Hey guys, new member to the forum. I believe I had an account back in 2010-2011 but can't remember any of the info for it.

Anyways, I'm just getting back into growing now with the legalization of cannabis on the horizon here in Canada (October!). I did a few grows back between 2010 and 2012. Mostly outdoors but one indoor with some cheap cfls and the likes. I never got much of a harvest but ended up with some buds regardless.

Now, I figured as legalization is fast approaching I ended up buying myself some good gear ahead of time and I'm going to run a small test batch.

I've got a 2x4x5 tent, 600w air cooled dimmable ballast/hood, Cloudline t6 series inline fan with an IPower filter. Still pretty cheap/basic equipment but its been working well so far.

I've got 1 Granddaddy and 2 Green Cracks by "The Native Seed Co." going right now, with some good genetics coming via snail mail which should be here any day.

I'll likely be posting up a grow journal in hopes I get some good tips/pointers.

Thanks guys!

Hashishh

Thanks Rico, I'm not concerned at all as both packages are domestic so no customs to stress about.

In case anyone cares I've got a 12 pack of Jordan of the Islands' Burmese, and a 10 pack each of Peak Seeds BC's NorthernBerry and Sweet C99 (Sweet Skunk x Cinderella 99).

Oh and for the record I realized after I posted that my registered date says 2013. As it turns out the account I made about a week ago is the one I forgot and I guess I remembered my old one.

Damn I gotta slow down on this Death Rockstar.

... Oh wait.. No I don't! :dance013:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hey guys, new member to the forum. I believe I had an account back in 2010-2011 but can't remember any of the info for it.

Anyways, I'm just getting back into growing now with the legalization of cannabis on the horizon here in Canada (October!). I did a few grows back between 2010 and 2012. Mostly outdoors but one indoor with some cheap cfls and the likes. I never got much of a harvest but ended up with some buds regardless.

Now, I figured as legalization is fast approaching I ended up buying myself some good gear ahead of time and I'm going to run a small test batch.

I've got a 2x4x5 tent, 600w air cooled dimmable ballast/hood, Cloudline t6 series inline fan with an IPower filter. Still pretty cheap/basic equipment but its been working well so far.

I've got 1 Granddaddy and 2 Green Cracks by "The Native Seed Co." going right now, with some good genetics coming via snail mail which should be here any day.

I'll likely be posting up a grow journal in hopes I get some good tips/pointers.

Thanks guys!
Welcome ) You do realize that Gc grows as tall >78" You may have a problem with sativas in a 5 foot tall tent!

Hashishh

Welcome ) You do realize that Gc grows as tall >78" You may have a problem with sativas in a 5 foot tall tent!

Thanks for the welcome! The plant will be manipulated to control height. On top of that my GC is actually labelled as mostly indica, short and bushy. It's a bit of a story on the seeds, but I'm just rolling with it at this point. Regardless, topping and lst should keep it at bay if it manages to get away on me by August which I doubt.

I'm actually more worried about the Burmese and Sweet C99 getting too tall more than I am this stuff. But those will likely be done in sort of a SoG method so I'm hoping I have just enough room.

yahooman

Thanks Rico, I'm not concerned at all as both packages are domestic so no customs to stress about.

In case anyone cares I've got a 12 pack of Jordan of the Islands' Burmese, and a 10 pack each of Peak Seeds BC's NorthernBerry and Sweet C99 (Sweet Skunk x Cinderella 99).

Oh and for the record I realized after I posted that my registered date says 2013. As it turns out the account I made about a week ago is the one I forgot and I guess I remembered my old one.

Damn I gotta slow down on this Death Rockstar.

... Oh wait.. No I don't! :dance013:
sweetc99 is real nice i hear

Hashishh

Hey Yahoo, I was going to include that in my last comment about the GC. I was always under the impression it takes after the Afghani in the lineage more with regards to growing tendencies, but I didn't wanna throw any misinformation out there. I may still be wrong however.

Regardless, they're photo seeds and not autos, so I can control height a little better by choosing when to flip to 12/12 along with stuff like topping, FIM, LST and ScrOGing if I so choose.

And yes I've heard many good things about peaks sweet c99. I've been looking for good day time smoke so I'm hoping it'll be a winner.

yahooman

ive loved everything ive grown from peak.my ne fav is chem91 skva bx1 from elite kings...for once a true breeder description,beautiful,consistent strain

Hashishh

A hidden gem from everything I've been told. I was mainly interested in the f1s to try at first. Hence the strains I chose.

I remember the first seeds I bought were Guerilla Gold #3 or 4 from a breeder off RCMC. Talk about hardy plants. Sadly they've gone under for reasons I'd rather not get into.

barefrog

Hola Hashishh

A Great Welcome here

Great place to learn and meet

am also from eastern Cannadha

Stay Medicated

Bare

Hashishh

Ah UDG and the likes. Like I said, I'd rather not get into all that. Things have changed in the canna-community but, it is what it is.

Thanks Barefrog! My profile must not be updated as of yet. I'm actually in western Canada now but will be going back within a year's time to take care of a property. Quite excited about that, but tearing down and building anew will be quite the challenge. Financially, mentally and most definitely physically!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I grew northern berry when I was 19, roomate ratted me out and I got arrested over those plants... Stupid. Would love to revisit those genetics though one day. Was looking at jordans seeds recently too, glad your keeping it canadian!

Hashishh

I grew northern berry when I was 19, roomate ratted me out and I got arrested over those plants... Stupid. Would love to revisit those genetics though one day. Was looking at jordans seeds recently too, glad your keeping it canadian!

Crappy deal on that one man. Well I'll be throwing up a journal for the next batch for sure. I've heard many good things about Peaks gear.

Only thing I don't like about Jordan's strains are he doesn't have much variety for sativas but I found a strain I've wanted for a while.

Got to keep it Canadian! Lots of quality breeders within the country. I prefer to shop local whenever possible. Besides with legalization around the corner I'd rather support the guys that have been doing it for years than the Gov.

margesimp15

Hi all, I don't know where to post this question so I posted it here.

I'm just wondering is this forum safe to post? I mean our privacy

Latest posts

Latest posts