Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Legal weed and kids, the moral dilema

Thread Title Search
Legal weed and kids, the moral dilema Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2018, 12:05 AM #1
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of lightSmug_Pepe is a glorious beacon of light
Legal weed and kids, the moral dilema

Hello all,

I'd like to know how fellow pot heads feel about this issue. I feel it's pretty safe to assume none of us grew up in a world where marijuana was legal as we were children. However, legal weed is here and it's being sold and grown everywhere especially in back yards.

I personally feel the is no danger or negative impact on kids being near plants. My personal opinion is a bottle of vodka on a table poses far more immediate danger to children.

I highly encourage my children to garden and have a connection to the earth and their food and I feel it's not such a big deal if they are around mj as they grow up. I also feel that mj will only be as big of a deal as we as society make it, because they will grow up in a world where it's not illegal and the social stigma should be removed and the plant should be celebrated.

I've been hoarding seed for over a decade in hopes to some day pass my seeds to them.

So how do you all feel about this issue?
Smug_Pepe is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 07-12-2018, 12:16 AM #2
Cvh

Cvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to all
Compare it with the Dutch if you would.

Article: https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL5730185

Quote:
AMSTERDAM, Nov 5 (Reuters) - The Dutch are among the lowest users of marijuana or cannabis in Europe despite the Netherlands' well-known tolerance of the drug, according to a regional study published on Thursday. Among adults in the Netherlands, 5.4 percent used cannabis, compared with the European average of 6.8 percent, according to an annual report by the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, using latest available figures.
Cvh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:26 AM #3
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of light
Good question. It is a moral dilemma. Most of us went out of our way to find cannabis and made that choice to take the risk bringing it into our worlds, for our reasons, whatever they be. Now there's almost no taboo surrounding it what is the best balance of exposure going forward.

It's hard to believe that more teenagers won't be growing more weed now the climate has changed, i don't know about smoking, I started growing at 14 though and I know way more of the people I knew at that age would have done if it were legal. And there is no real guidance on what to grow or why to grow it for a young person, because they wont understand if you tried to explain daytime vs nighttime smoke. So maybe there are a few bumps in the road and lessons to be learned. Cannabis has very different effects on different people and despite what we tell ourselves it is addictive, it does fire off dopamine and through neural plasticity create a greater desire for it this is just how the brain works no matter what it is that makes you happy be it sex, alcohol, fast cars, computer games. All habits are addictive. Is it ethical to allow potentially more of this? well alcohol is the most pointless of poisons and that's always been state approved and gambling is the worst of the worst for me.

Humans should be free asap (as soon as they can) and allowed to taste and try what they like and be respected to do what they want with their time on this planet, if society is so perverse that young people start to medicate themselves out of existence and escape all day then society needs to look at why that is and hopefully fix the underlying cause of that which is largely this sick faux democratic fascist so called "capitalist" system that we are all indebted to.

The amount of extra damage caused to children and young adults by keeping this herb illegal is unconscionable and this so called "legal" way still has to better no matter what happens i think.

But yeah i'm a bit mixed on it partly because it's one state granted privilege in an ironic sea of fascism and taxation and denied rights, but it will all work itself out in the end i'm sure. Hopefully people start learning herbalism again and then the next generation can give the finger to the big oil/pharma corps and government snakes in their pockets.. just my random jumbled thoughts

Last edited by Lost in a SOG; 07-12-2018 at 12:58 AM..
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:36 AM #4
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant future
Booze is a much bigger moral dilema if you're parent.

Like how many little girls are going to be knocked up the the 1st month of their school holidays?

Without booze, I bet most people would have never been married.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:49 AM #5
Teddybrae

Teddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of lightTeddybrae is a glorious beacon of light
well, I 'm lucky enough to have watched my children grow up and hold down responsible jobs in Society. Yesterday I hosted my Grandchild's children for the day. So I 've seen generational growth and development. My Wife and I have studied human development so we have a framework to describe what we see. (Just as long as you bear in mind while reading that we eat a gramme of Cannabis a day each!)

we did not smoke Cannabis until we were 25. we wish our children had not also. we did not drink until very late in life because alcohol was only available for 21 year olds or over, and by that age we had three children and no money to get drunk. so we didn't drink alcohol until our brains were fully developed which is supposed to be at 25 years.

Our eldest son smoked tobacco and cannabis, drank alcohol and tripped on magic mushrooms from the age of twelve. He has lived a blue collar lifestyle where alcohol is the main drug of choice with cannabis a close second. He functions well in Society ... but he in fact has large gaps in his memory. with Alcoholic self confidence he just papers over these. He 'reasons away' his faulty memory. even blames the memories of Others as faulty instead of himself. in short he is a 'magical thinker'. if he thought it, dreamed it, it's likely to be true for him. In a psychological sense he is unconscious of much of his behaviour. his 'personality' is not 'integrated'. Of course he's still a nice bloke to be with.

This is very sad for me to have watched a clear mind become befuddled.

Our second son was exposed early also. he drinks and smokes cannabis. he has never 'wiped himself out' on a regular basis though. his brain seems to function well but he has Dyslexic traits and we cannot be sure which are his thinking processes and which are his Dyslexic traits. He's just sorta big and quiet and deep and cuddly and he gets by on that.

He's manager of a beachfront hotel and is loved and respected by Staff and Customers alike. He is able to articulate his thoughts to Us and still relies on our thoughts and opinions to sort out conscious/unconscious stuff whenever he has issues that trouble him.

Altho it's not my place ... after all he is his own person with his own shortfalls ... I am VERY proud of my second son!

Our third son is allergic to alcohol. which he discovered when he was sixteen. LUCKY BOY!!! but he has made up for that in the sense that he's a Raver. Eccy's, acid ... fuck I went to an Eclipse Festival with him and he will do anything that's going around! Cannabis depresses him so no smoke no eat.

Well, we observed the Phenomenon that is our third son for some years and wondered how he did all those drugs but seems unscathed by them. then in his 40's little gaps began to appear in his memory. short and long term. these gaps close if he doesn't trip for a while but he's addicted to the lifestyle ... I think he gets lots of sex being good looking with a large dick so that's what keeps him at it.
But he too functions well in society. has lots of friends but remains unmarried. he is a highly skilled metal worker including stainless and works for himself cash in hand no account books in a big city. He's a wild man but ya can't tell by looking! who knows about the long term.

Then there are our girls. Identical twins (anyone in the Land of Oz recognise us yet?) who are as straight a die and conservative as buggery! they do drink but modestly and WILL NOT have anything to do with Cannabis. when they were twelve they began walking ahead of us in town so that people would not think we were their Parents! (This is hard for Parents to handle!!!)
Then they both married Farmers with Conservative politics as well as Cattle and we don't see much of them any more which is typical of Daughters, I think.
So I suppose it could be said that despite a Cannabis upbringing and the occasional drunken lapse from their parents the girls have turned out the most normal but, by gee, the most Boring! Oh yeah, and the wealthiest.

there's a moral in that story I suppose. One obvious one is that is you want to become wealthy marry an Australian Farmer and only drink alcohol.

this does not automatically mean you think better or can control your emotions more rationally. in fact in the wash up ... I would say that none of my children's lives are qualitatively better than an other. they are all "... doing their own thing in their own time".

They are their own persons and don't belong to us anyway!

LUST FOR LIFE!

"... Earth grows People ..." Allan Watts

"The key ... seems to always be in Balance and Diversity" ICMag Member Sticky Sat
Teddybrae is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:50 AM #6
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of lightLost in a SOG is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah no doubt the big breweries are scum.

To be fair though originally way back booze was really developed as the preservative and extraction medium for medicinal herbs, that happened to get you a bit tipsy some times as an added bonus, but almost all herbs contain some liver improving phytochemistry so any damage was more than offset by various medicinal benefits.

What it is now is a joke.. it does nothing good as an act.. Can be a great daily delivery method for medicine though.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:12 AM #7
Easy7

Easy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud of
The forbidden fruit has more lure. When I was young and/or under age, weed was easier to find. Adults have more boundries, young folk far less. So it's around more for kids legal or illegal and probably more so illegal.

Now parents have to worry about kids and shooting junk. It's pretty common lnowkedge weed is not a huge deal. But then ego and who's the toughest biggest ego and hard drugs are more character, bigger brag, more ego.

I think all plants should be legal. It's not the same at all as semi-synthetic, isolates, extracts and so forth. It takes somewhat like an ounce of opium to OD...to be certain death. But people think movies and media are stone cold fact.
Only here to discuss cultivation theory, check out genetics and their reviews, technology for this trade, and cannabis politics. Not currently partaking in any cannabis pleasure other than discussions.
Easy7 is online now Quote

Old 07-12-2018, 03:22 AM #8
Stoner4Life
Medicinal Advocate

Stoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivor

imho:
Young kids should be kept away from cannabis just as you'd guard against them drinking alcohol in the home. Their questions or curiosity of cannabis should be answered truthfully and/but within the limits of their own ability to grasp & understand how cannabis effects the mind & body.

Teens, nothing but trouble, they know it all, it's best to just keep your stash hidden from 'em. And if you're lucky enough to have a teenager who'd come to you first with questions and concerns... well you'd know how to guide them, again depending on age, maturity level, etc.

In those teen years you're lucky if they'd understand that their concern for them is NOT intended to stifle a good time, but instead to protect them from some of the mistakes due to peer pressure.......

best of luck with them.

Stoner4Life is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:39 AM #9
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Teach your children well.

Science is a valuable subject, lots of hands on projects to
show the kiddos.

Biology and botany is a good backyard learning potential.

As well as the gun thing and sex thing, if you don't tell them about stuff,
they will learn the hard way.

Children are way more slippery than you can imagine.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:57 AM #10
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
Teach your children well.
this all the way man
now that they are grown i enjoy being able to light up in front of them but the funny thing is, none of my kids are really that into weed

/the girl had her "phase" with dabs, but dosent smoke anymore,the boys are way too into fitness
pop_rocks is offline Quote