Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > The long and the short of it - PNG, Laos, Cambodian, Durban, Nepali, Leb27, and Flo

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The long and the short of it - PNG, Laos, Cambodian, Durban, Nepali, Leb27, and Flo Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2018, 06:27 PM #1
djimb

djimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nice
The long and the short of it - PNG, Laos, Cambodian, Durban, Nepali, Leb27, and Flo

Today's the day and this is the thread!

It's been 3 years since I've popped any seeds, and let me tell you, I'm excited!

Here's what's going in the dirt:

Papua New Guinea, collected in the Goroka highlands, and reproduced and shared by Azure (~20 weeks)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341810

Afropips Durban Poison, F2s from Dave Coullier's repro project (10-14 weeks, depending on pheno)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307700

Flo, bought as bulk seed from a dispensary (8-10 weeks)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=66888

BlueHemp Baglung Nepali, reproduced by the Derg Corra Collective (8-10 weeks)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346325

Leb27, NLD line selected and shared by a friend. (~6 weeks)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....ighlight=leb27

GN Laos Luang Prabang (20+ weeks)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231895

GN Khmer Gold (14-18 weeks)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=177831

I'll be sowing 3 of each of most of these to give me a decent chance of getting at least 1 male and 1 female. The GN lines are very old stock though, and I'm not sure how they've been stored for the last decade or so. I'll be sowing 10 of each to see how many come up.

I was hoping to do this in the safety of my own home, but family comes first and my wife has anxiety issues already, so outdoors they go. I've scouted a few promising guerrilla plots and I'm still trying to decide between planting one each of a few different varieties in each spot or a few of the same variety. I'm hoping to make seed with the Long flowering NLDs, as they won't finish where I am. (~40° N, humid subtropical climate, with an average first frost in the last half of October). At the very least, I should get a handful of calyces and some pollen for later projects.

If I can make seed of each variety, I'll be thrilled. If not, I'm hoping to make some crosses between the long and short season varieties. If I could work just enough Lebanese or Nepali into the NLDs to get them to start flowering in July and finish in the first half of October, I'd have some great outdoor plants for northern climates. The Leb is a bit of a tricky candidate, though, as I'll need to pick through the offspring to weed out CBD dominant individuals.

Also, if none of the Laos or Cambodian come up, I've got a Hmong Thai line and Hmong Thai x Highland Laos that are a lot more fresh.

Thanks to Dave, Azure, RC, and everyone else who's generosity has helped me to reach this point.

Hope you enjoy the ride!

Edit: I was going to add seed pics, but I went over the image limit. I'll put them up in another couple posts.

Last edited by djimb; 07-09-2018 at 06:49 PM..
djimb is online now Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:30 PM #2
DARKSIDER

DARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to beholdDARKSIDER is a splendid one to behold
Count me in

Connoisseur Genetics.. old school haze X casey jones tester completed
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351788
DARKSIDER is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:25 PM #3
djimb

djimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nicedjimb is just really nice
Seed pics

PNG

Durban

Nepali

Leb27

Flo

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 PM #4
djimb

Seed pics cont'd

Laos

Khmer Gold

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:07 PM #5
djimb

After a 24 hour soak, all but one each of the GN varieties had sunk to the bottom. They were all planted in six pack seed trays today. All other seeds were direct sown in soil yesterday. Currently, they're out in the 84 degree sun.

Just waiting on germination. Shouldn't be long now.

Oh, and I started three extra nepali because I had three extra spaces in one of the six packs. This should improve my chances of getting one of the purple/black plants to use as a parent.

Hope everyone's week is going well!

Old 07-16-2018, 06:12 PM #6
djimb

Weekly update!

At the moment there isn't much to show. Most of the fresh seed has sprouted, though there are a few stragglers. I've poked around at the old GN seeds to check on them, and they're still there and look fine. I gently popped a few with my fingers and sanded the edge of a couple that wouldn't pop. I was beginning to lose hope for them, but this morning, I found that one of the Laos has germinated! The little radicle looked perfectly healthy, so I may well have at least one Laos this year.

The Durbans seem to be having a bit of a hard time. The first one to pop put out healthy cotyledons, but no root.

The second one has put out a root, but it's stubby, like the tip died off. We'll see where it goes from there.

The third one still hasn't germinated. I'll sow a couple more today, and hopefully they'll fare better.

Last edited by djimb; 07-16-2018 at 06:23 PM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:13 PM #7
djimb

Next up: Nepali

So far, 5 of the 6 Nepali seeds have sprouted. They look great. Some are a little stretchier than others, a little more vigorous, or perhaps more NLD leaning. A couple sprouted with some really apparent purple coloration. They're greening up now, but you can still see it on some of them.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:14 PM #8
djimb

Next: Leb27

Here are the lebs! Two of them are super stretchy. I'll be putting them into their own 4" pots today, making sure to bury them deeper. These also showed a lot of color when they sprouted.

Flo:

They're doing great. Not much to say. They're a little stretchy, but they're good looking, happy seedlings.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:16 PM #9
djimb

And finally, the PNG:

Two of three are up. The third has germinated, but hasn't fully sprouted. They certainly have the longest, narrowest leaves of any of the seedlings. They're also the brightest green.

I'm tempted to pop some Hmong Thai and Skunk Haze to take the place of the lagging GN seeds, but I think I'm running out of time for such long/late flowering plants.

Any thoughts?

See you next week!

Old 07-16-2018, 08:16 PM #10
djimb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDER View Post
Count me in
Thanks for joining in, Darksider, hope you like what you see!

1 members found this post helpful.