What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannabis jobs

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
is anyone currently, or are planning to become a part of the legal cannabis industry? the more i think about it the more i like the idea of working in a greenhouse full of goodness....

barefrog

Hola BBB

I am on an email list in Qc for
those job, so far for my 50 yr
experience all they offert us is
a sale clerk job at 14$ Can.

I'll pass

Bare

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
well.. hold on a minute here..... what was the benefits package looking like??

I myself haven't bothered. I see all those guys in lab coats running around like little grunts with their hairnets, and none probably ever touched a plant before they got hired. That plus minimum wage more or less, plus managers and supervisors breathing down my neck, and staff thinking its the coolest job thinking there edgy, yeah no thanks. If I was to do it I would want to be plant manager and run the show/, but I think there are mroe qualified growers for those few positions, or people that have an appropriate degree that got them the job.

TheBlackman

yo,

not sure if you will really dig this gig,

seems like here in Cannabis friendly BC,
big brother wants to ensure that they know you and me,

looks like the man with the plan will want to ensure your on his list,
more fodder for databases and government bliss,

funny it seems to this old fool,
that workers in the booze industry are not treated like tools,

more control, restriction and regulation,
go ahead and high-5 one another about this farce called,
legal-LIES-ation,

oh by the way enjoy this last chew of info,
those road side stops are going to be a bitch don't ya know.

The test, according to Const. Chad Morrison, a drug recognition expert and drug evaluation and classification coordinator with Nova Scotia’s RCMP traffic services, helps detect “central nervous system depressants, inhalants, dissociative anesthetics, cannabis, central nervous system stimulants, hallucinogens and narcotic analgesics.”

At the roadside
After first using a breath test to rule out alcohol as the main cause of impairment, the officer will interview the driver and complete a pulse check. The driver will then be asked to complete three tests: an eye test, the one-leg stand, and the walk and turn.

Once the impaired driving legislation is enacted in December 2018, police officers will also be able to conduct roadside saliva tests.

At the police station
If, after the roadside tests, the officer finds probable grounds to believe the driver is impaired, they will take the driver back to the police station.

There, the driver will undergo a series of medical tests to rule out medical reasons for the suspected impairment. These include taking the driver’s blood pressure, temperature, and conducting a second pulse test. An examination of the driver’s muscle tone follows since some drugs may cause muscles to go limp or become rigid.

Next, the driver will face a series of more challenging tests, known as “divided attention tests,” which Morrison says “test your ability to divide your attention to multitask.” These tests include tilting your head back, closing your eyes, and then putting a finger to your nose. Another test involves raising a foot and looking at it while counting aloud.

The driver’s pupils will be examined again in both the light and in the dark, and the officer will search for and examine any injection sites.

If the officer still believes after the evaluation that the driver is impaired, they may ask the driver for a blood or urine sample to corroborate or dispute their findings.

The 12-step process takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
A report from May 2018 on cannabis and driving published by the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction and the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction noted that drug recognition evaluations are not foolproof.

“Outcomes of oral fluid screening and those from blood tests quite often do not match,” the report said.

It also added that the amount of THC—the primary psychoactive ingredient in cannabis—in blood or saliva “is not as strongly related to driver impairment as (blood alcohol content) is to alcohol-impaired driving.”

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/how-police-are-preparing-to-catch-drivers-under-the-influence-of-cannabis-1.3995664

link to photo of the man's plan
https://www.facebook.com/hempnationonline/photos/pcb.261476834621949/261473611288938/?type=3&theater

ic

Last edited:

barefrog

Hola The BlackMan

most of what you write
I would fail even straight

Call your lawyer if arrested
and refuse everything till
he is there.

We have to remember that most
of those stupid law will be contested
in court.
And We the people will win

Bare

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
yo,

not sure if you will really dig this gig,
seems like here in Cannabis friendly BC,
big brother wants to ensure that they know you and me,

looks like the man with the plan will want to ensure your on his list,
more fodder for databases and government bliss,

funny it seems to this old fool,
that workers in the booze industry are not treated like tools,

more control, restriction and regulation,
go ahead and high-5 one another about this farce called,
legal-LIES-ation,

The test, according to Const. Chad Morrison, a drug recognition expert and drug evaluation and classification coordinator with Nova Scotia’s RCMP traffic services, helps detect “central nervous system depressants, inhalants, dissociative anesthetics, cannabis, central nervous system stimulants, hallucinogens and narcotic analgesics.”

At the roadside
After first using a breath test to rule out alcohol as the main cause of impairment, the officer will interview the driver and complete a pulse check. The driver will then be asked to complete three tests: an eye test, the one-leg stand, and the walk and turn.

Once the impaired driving legislation is enacted in December 2018, police officers will also be able to conduct roadside saliva tests.

At the police station
If, after the roadside tests, the officer finds probable grounds to believe the driver is impaired, they will take the driver back to the police station.

There, the driver will undergo a series of medical tests to rule out medical reasons for the suspected impairment. These include taking the driver’s blood pressure, temperature, and conducting a second pulse test. An examination of the driver’s muscle tone follows since some drugs may cause muscles to go limp or become rigid.

Next, the driver will face a series of more challenging tests, known as “divided attention tests,” which Morrison says “test your ability to divide your attention to multitask.” These tests include tilting your head back, closing your eyes, and then putting a finger to your nose. Another test involves raising a foot and looking at it while counting aloud.

The driver’s pupils will be examined again in both the light and in the dark, and the officer will search for and examine any injection sites.

If the officer still believes after the evaluation that the driver is impaired, they may ask the driver for a blood or urine sample to corroborate or dispute their findings.

The 12-step process takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
A report from May 2018 on cannabis and driving published by the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction and the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction noted that drug recognition evaluations are not foolproof.

“Outcomes of oral fluid screening and those from blood tests quite often do not match,” the report said.

It also added that the amount of THC—the primary psychoactive ingredient in cannabis—in blood or saliva “is not as strongly related to driver impairment as (blood alcohol content) is to alcohol-impaired driving.”

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/how-police-are-preparing-to-catch-drivers-under-the-influence-of-cannabis-1.3995664

link to photo of the man's plan
https://www.facebook.com/hempnationonline/photos/pcb.261476834621949/261473611288938/?type=3&theater

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/how-p...ers-under-the-influence-of-cannabis-1.3995664View Image

View Image
I'm up the crick without a paddle. I cannot pass the roadside test sober as a judge (diabetic neuropathy)

fatigues

Veteran
I am not suggesting you ignore all of this, but move your hand away from the Big Red Button.

This will take some time to sort itself out in the courts. In the political deals that had to be made to sell the jump over the Snake River to legalization, there were sacrifices that had to be made.

This is one of them. Legalization is an event; normalization is a process which takes much longer to work out and it is an evolving beast. What we will see this fall is not what we will see 2, 5, 10 and 15 years from now. It's the same with "drugged driving"; the form that roadside testing will look like 2, 5, 10 and 15 years from now will be different.

There is a tremendous amount of misinformation and DISinformation behind all of this. It's unfortunately motivated by older voters and some panicky parents who frankly, have NO IDEA that they have been sharing the roads with stoners pretty much their entire lives - all without incident. They are just scared, that's all. In fact, they are so scared that no mainstream politician sees any political benefit to try to persuade them that they should not be. This isn't the time for that argument. They are not yet persuadable.

When there is experience and hard data at our backs, and the irrational FEAR recedes, that will be an argument that will be made in the future when they ARE persuadable; however, that time isn't now.

So this is the sacrifice upon the altar of freedom that had to be made. The nature of that sacrifice will change over time. The courts will deal with this on a less hysterical -- and far more rational -- basis. That takes charges, disclosure, evidence, trials and appeals. All of that takes time. We're simply not there yet.

In the meanwhile, do your best not to be added to the sacrificial altar as this sorts itself out.

Attachments

• panic.png
    panic.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 30

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP
This will take some time to sort itself out in the courts. In the political deals that had to be made to sell the jump over the Snake River to legalization, there were sacrifices that had to be made.
Agree! Get the legality in place and then massage the laws.

There is a tremendous amount of misinformation and Disinformation behind all of this. It's unfortunately motivated by older voters and some panicky parents who frankly, have NO IDEA that they have been sharing the roads with stoners pretty much their entire lives - all without incident. They are just scared, that's all. In fact, they are so scared that no mainstream politician sees any political benefit to try to persuade them that they should not be. This isn't the time for that argument. They are not yet persuadable.
The misinformation is also coming from our own community. The day of yesteryear is loooong gone. That being said, our forefathers need to be recognized for all the hard work that took place.

So this is the sacrifice upon the altar of freedom that had to be made. The nature of that sacrifice will change over time. The courts will deal with this on a less hysterical -- and far more rational -- basis. That takes charges, disclosure, evidence, trials and appeals. All of that takes time. We're simply not there yet.

In the meanwhile, do your best not to be added to the sacrificial altar as this sorts itself out.
Bold text says it all.

I had my visit with my Dr today. Although she was tickled pink with my results... Dropped my AIC from 9.3 to 5.2 and dropped 33 lbs. She was ecstatic until she found out the reason of my success, where her attitude turned downright sarcastic. e.g I suppose this will soon be marketed as the next weight reduction drug!

What made you decide to go that route? I have discussed my meds on more than one occasion with you in the past, wrt unwanted side effects and, my concerns fell on deaf ears. So after hearing that my short term memory loss (GWS) and newly found brain fog was exacerbated with my cholesterol medication (medically documented), not to mention the statin was screwing up my diabetes meds.

She still insisted I try a different statin. I said NO! We will discuss options a year from now!! I am a 1%. No I do not belong to an MC but, I said... cannabis causes the munchies correct? She said yes. Not me! Cannabis is acting like an appetite suppressor. She then goes on to say, insurance coys don't cover cannabis (but DVA does). You are on a pension. How can you afford it? I grow my own. Growing cannabis is cheaper than the 17 supplements I was taking at one time to counteract the effects of modern medicine.

In closing I am reminded of a clip in the 1996 Gotti movie when one cop said to the other. He is sitting on a $500M/yr enterprise. The other said correction! He is sitting on a $500M/yr criminal enterprise.

PS: I did inform my Dr that my ENT Dr supports what I am doing and, will be attending a 2 day seminar on the subject. A moot point at this time since cannabis is now legal.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I agree that regulation is more strict right now because we are the first country doing this and there are lots of fears in regards to consequences, but to say "relax, don't worry about the laws put in place it will all work out" is wrong. Look at 911, and the patriot act, which stripped american citizens of so many rights. over a decade later, and those rights have not been given back. So fear is used, to justify putting laws in place that take away our rights and put more power and control in hands of government and enforcement.

So in regards to C46, we shouldn't just accept it like sheep hoping that it will all work out just fine, because we will wake up one day as chained up slaves.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
yo,

At the roadside

I don't see a problem really. I have been pulled over or gone through checks many times and reeked like herb. I didnt get pulled over for appearing to be impaired, as I wasn't. As long as you aren't actually impaired there should be no problem, and they wont test to see if you are. I never got called out for being impaired once. I drive perfectly fine when stoned (all the time), typically paying more attention than most people.

fatigues

Veteran
I agree that regulation is more strict right now because we are the first country doing this and there are lots of fears in regards to consequences, but to say "relax, don't worry about the laws put in place it will all work out" is wrong.

I'm not saying don't be concerned. I am saying don't panic. And yes, this will be changed over time by the courts (and perhaps Parliament when provisions get struck down). But the first few shots will undoubtedly come from the courts. So what we are seeing now is very much a work in progress.

But yes, the courts will be the ones to kick this around and that takes time. Quite a bit. Charges, evidence, experts, trials, appeals.

Years, probably.

I do know this though. There is no way that large portions of C-46 can withstand a Charter challenge.

So in regards to C46, we shouldn't just accept it like sheep hoping that it will all work out just fine, because we will wake up one day as chained up slaves.

The bill is passed and has been signed by the GG. So I don't know what you are going to do about it right now. Do you?

Practically speaking, what's going to happen is that people are eventually going to be detained and charged under this section, and ss. 8 and 9 Charter challenges will be brought.

When all of this begins to affect everyday people that your average Canadian knows, and there are news reports of abuses, rulings of unreasonable search and seizures and a whole host of other issues, Canadians will stop and think. Until then? Nope. They won't.

Right now, this is all theoretical to people with the assumption it's only going to affect "other people" who probably "deserve it". They have not been paying attention to any of this. That is the nature of these things. I wish it wasn't; however, I'm old enough to know how most people think. They aren't thinking about this at all - and certainly not in personal terms as something that will affect them. It will only affect "the other guy."

That's the nature of these things. It will take time to work itself out. In the meanwhile, keep your head down and stay out of the cross-hairs.

Or rant, rave and panic, if that makes you feel better. I'm suggesting to you that not only will it not work -- you'll just stress yourself out, too.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
truth is...having invested so much of my life into cannabis it only really makes sense that i get paid for that experience and time invested but with the situation being so fluid its hard to predict where this will all land.

Billy's my bai, behind the pink kush epidemic. lol...:smoker:
People hate because it's always a random encounter, and not a storefront.

Dudes buy couple cuts, different strains, compliments about pests and if it's real or not...rookies at best. Not realizing he is linking u.

Thanks billy for being out there when we called. Most of these guys up here want to hoard genes, and your pretty much putting yourself out, here/there helping our community.

I thank you, I know most of the guys that know who you are, don't have the spine to say thank you for what you do.:tiphat:

Hey gmack why you gotta diarrhea all over our party here?

Dick riding? Your not seriously talking like that are you? What team were you cheering for before you u jumped on the jets bandwagon?

G

Gr33nSanta

It will be just like a normal farming job, most farmers can not afford to pay much more than $14/hour.

The big corporations are going to work so hard to monopolize the market, keep cost of production low, forget about well paying jobs would be my guess.

Only a few lucky people will score well paying jobs but I bet those jobs are already taken.