What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Radioshack Microscope

G

Could anyone please tell me what to look or ask for at the Radioshack when I go to get my microscope and around how much they are? Just a estimate really. Just not trying to go in sounding like an idiot! :pointlaug
Thanks

zonkerpup

Ask for a mini microscope thats adjustable between 60x and 100x. I just picked mine up yesterday for $9.98. They also show up on Radio Shack's web page. It works great. It was so wild to see those little glands for the first time. You can definately see the difference in the color of the tris.
Peace, Kathy

G

Best $10.00 I ever spent. Every gardener should have one. Not only for looking at trichs, but for finding pests too.

GCG

Be prepared. They can be a bit frustrating when looking at buds still attached to the plant...a lot of squinting, hard to focus, hard to keep steady. It takes a bit of practice.

A lot of growers use a good jewlers loupe for looking at the "live buds."

G

Thanks everyone for the great advice and input any other suggestions will be taken into account!!!!! I think that I am going to get the scope that Zonkerpup has suggested it's cheap for a beginner like me and seems to be allot of people that use them!!!!! Thanks again everyone much much appreciated! :joint:
Pieces

And time to smoke and play some tunes!!!!

green_grow

Veteran
benito speaks the truth ... i just got mine and, while the view is GREAT its REALLY hard to get a good look with the hand shaking, head moving, and the plant waving around . hopefully, with some practice i will get better at using it on a live bush.

Sleepy

Veteran
yes, it is hard to examine the plants with it...

yes, it is hard to examine the plants with it...

Illuminated Microscope
take a small cutting of a leaf coated with trichimes, set it on a flat surface, and then look through the microscope. it is much easier than examining the plant itself...

"$7.99
Model: 63-1133
Catalog #: 63-1133

Online: Not available
Quantities are limited,
may be available near you"

it looks like there is another one now available, too...

"

Print Email a friend

Illuminated Microscope

$9.99
Model: MM-100
Catalog #: 63-1313

Online: In stock
Usually ships in 1 - 2 business days

Order online with peace of mind
Back to search results

See more images More photos (1)

Scope it out.
A powerful 60-100x magnification microscope with an extremely lightweight and portable design. Features a built-in light that provides a bright, clear image and a rubberized eyepiece for comfortable viewing. Fits easily in your pocket to bring with you anywhere.

* Powerful 60-100X magnification
* Compact design provides easy portability
* Easy-to-use controls allow for adjustable focus and zoom
* Built-in light with on/off switch

What's in the box

* Illuminated Microscope"

...the new one looks easier to focus.

whatever method you use, examining the trichomes' ripeness is how to decide when to harvest. :sasmokin:

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
They are thinking of the growers with that one. I'll have to get one to replace the old style one soon. But anything with 30-100X zoom is a good tool for the garden.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
yeah....what sleepy said.........deja -vu

Anyway, I pull a small leaf with plenty of trichomes on it and lay it on my desk to look at it. I think one leaf would be representative enough of the maturity of the plant, wouldn't it?

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Well, I would guess if the cola/bud the leaf you check was receiving the same amount of light as the rest of the plant then it would be indicative of the whole plant. Would definatly be close at least, but I wouldn't begin to judge maturity of lower budsites using a leaf from a top cola. Not that it matters much though as the lower sites are usually used for bubble hash/BHO/ISO Oil ETC.

Laxpunker

imnotcrazy said:
Well, I would guess if the cola/bud the leaf you check was receiving the same amount of light as the rest of the plant then it would be indicative of the whole plant. Would definatly be close at least, but I wouldn't begin to judge maturity of lower budsites using a leaf from a top cola. Not that it matters much though as the lower sites are usually used for bubble hash/BHO/ISO Oil ETC.

Well generally I like to cut the whole plant at the same time. If the main cola(s) and other budsites are done then I could care less about the popcorn bud.

G

Thanks for all the great help

Thanks for all the great help

Hey everyone got my new scope today it was the last one there and they were on clearance cant beat 4.99 Woohoo!!!!! It is a whole new look at my nugzzzzzzz!!!!!Love it
Thanks and laters
Double_Gulp

NPK

Personally, I'm leaning toward a jeweler's loupe for my next viewing device. Busted out my little Radio Shack handheld today and it wouldn't work, even after I replaced the batteries. Too cheaply made, methinks.

Sauce

That new model looks nice. I have the old style model like double gulp got.

I find it's best to clip off a small bud leaf from a few bud sites around the plant. Then on a table examine the trichs to see how they look. Looking at stuff on the plant doesn't work to well.

:2cents: :smoker: