Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > SensiSeeds/Dutch Passion reborn

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
SensiSeeds/Dutch Passion reborn Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2018, 10:22 AM #1
python_thrust

python_thrust has a spectacular aura aboutpython_thrust has a spectacular aura aboutpython_thrust has a spectacular aura about
SensiSeeds/Dutch Passion reborn

Hi all,

I open this thread because i want to debate with you about the quality (for someone loss of quality) of the 2 biggest and classic Dutch seed companies.

2 years ago i decided to give Sensi a try, and tried to don't listen to the common idea that from 98-2000 all the classic dutch genetics from sensi and DP are a total shit.

Finally i decided to buy some SuperSkunk (FEM), JackFlash and Black Domina from sensi to see with my eyes if the rumors where true...

Well believe me or not but the SS is a TOP plant.

I've done a run of 6 and almost NO change in pheno, all honey sweet skunk and very potent, here at 31 days under Gavita 750:

The JackFlash beans i gived to a friend who pulled out some incredible plants in both yield and flavor.

After this i decided to turn back to the classic Dutch seedbanks and grow solid genetics that gives you every time something real, not like USA "hobby breeeders" that sells you packs of seeds where you have to pop 50 seeds to find someting nice (maybe you can find something special but hey... i'm growing 6 plants at a time...)

I'm almost sure that i will go on and test other stuff from sensi and DP (i've buyied GlueberryOG from DP), check the breeder helpdesk for DP at *****... if you look the DP pictures thread you will have an idea of what i'm talking about.

I suspect that the ones who talk shit about Sensi and DP (and other classical dutch brands) haven't even popped one of their strains.... maybe because are more classical and they have been around for too much... seems that every one want the new hype champion from cali, possibly with a ridiculous name like "strawberry flavored cheesecacke sauce OG gorilla"...

Like said i'm a small scale grower... and like the majority of us i need pheno uniformity. i can assure Sensi still provides it.

I'm almost sure (but i have to test them) that Dutch Passion, Paradise and TFD are on the same boat -> an excellent boat.

The same applies to smaller breeders like: ******, De Sjamaan, Super Strains, Homegrown fantaseeds ecc... even Dampkring seeds seems to be fire.

So i started the conversaton.

Who want to reply has to do with pics. please not stories about "i popped some seeds some yers ago and where pure crap".

Peace
python_thrust is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:50 AM #2
Water-

Water- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to beholdWater- is a splendid one to behold
the DP Glueberry is nice, I grew one last year.
Water- is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 11:03 AM #3
python_thrust

python_thrust has a spectacular aura aboutpython_thrust has a spectacular aura aboutpython_thrust has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water- View Post
the DP Glueberry is nice, I grew one last year.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Do you have any pics?

If not, can you describe the grow and bud quality?

Thanks
python_thrust is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM #4
burmese

burmese has a spectacular aura aboutburmese has a spectacular aura aboutburmese has a spectacular aura about
no pics, sorrry ,,python,, but

growed only auto euphoria,, 12/12from seed to flower 90days
,and results were that despite 12/12 from seed, spidermites, low earth /1L-1.month,2L-2.month,5L-3.month/ pollinated with kumaoni male ... she grows very quickly up to 1meter, perfect structure for SOG, lower smell than expected from skunk, around 20-25Grams of upbeat but sporadically sometimes very social,stoned and euphoric high and around 50 good brown seeds/brownest i saw in seeds/

forgot double gums regulars white label, good grower 12/12 from seeds, no smell, friend grows em early this year to detect whether male or female, talked to me that females doubled within 3 days when keep outdoor so good reaction from indoor to outdoor, smoke quality i see later

and friend from 30km from me always talk about frisian dew and hows shes good but nothing specifically

Last edited by burmese; 06-13-2018 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: correction
burmese is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 12:16 PM #5
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to allNico Farmer is a name known to all
All I can say about SS, is even after 2000, their Super Skunk regs was good. I had a killer pheno from 15 seeds I kept two years before I lost it, otherwise I think I'll have it again. Very potent, with an amazing taste and flavor.
I have only one old bad pic, under 400w (2003)

About DP, I grew Durban Poison and Power Plant many times and it was always good.

Their Original Flo in 2009 (work with Short's gear I think) was great (out of stock now)

and last year I have tested 1 Euphoria's fem seed, a good commercial skunk.

Nico Farmer is online now Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:54 PM #6
maliali

maliali will become famous soon enoughmaliali will become famous soon enoughmaliali will become famous soon enough
I grew sensis and white label seeds. They are top consistent phenos very potent. White widow white label was wery good hav some musky haze lemony scent which is wonderful very potent high and body,but it is rear pheno. Skunk kush from them very good also very incensy lemony taste and smell most folks think that 2 seeds where some hazes who were in another seed pack. But i find that few other guys have that incense musk lemony phenos in white widow from WL it is tottaly oposit smell then ssh fruity incense this is all musky incesne with lemony hint. Super skunk is all cheese tipe of smell and taste. Lots of today hibrids are old sensi,mr nice 99% i would say nl,skunk,and haze. Lots of first time growers buy sensi and say its crap cuz it is most easy to get seeds from them. All seeds are just lottery for me i grew karma gentics,rare dankness,archive,sensi,dutch passion,barney,devil harvest,bcbud...from comercial to underground some packs were shit some were good. The best seed bank does not exist but sensi is old good and reliable and dont have fancy name market today want names like darth werder OG , Venom Snake double sour poison,purple lambo,wedding golden cake...
maliali is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:08 PM #7
Koondense

Koondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to beholdKoondense is a splendid one to behold
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
My only growing experience with DP was some years ago, with autoflowers.
There were two packs, 3 think different and 3 autoxtreme.
Germination was fast and 100%, however the growth and final product were not impressive at all except for one standout autoxtreme plant.
In other years i had other autoflowers in the same spot and they were much better on average.
My smoking experience with DP were with Shaman(pretty nice low potency with pleasant effect), FrisianDew(stronger but bland in effect, boring overall), AutoMazar(at first quite cool but becomes boring very quick, dumb effect) and DurbanPoison from DP(fast onset, potent and sharp taste, good overall).
So my experience with DP is not good enough to buy more seeds, found other seedbanks withmuch better varieties for my taste.

Sensi is a mystery to me, planning to try their Durban. Any info on sensi durban is very welcome

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:50 PM #8
GoatCheese

GoatCheese has disabled reputation
EDIT:
I bought the Domina pack straight from Sensi Seeds in the spring of 2016 so it's farily new stock.
----

Sensi's current Black Domina isn't very stable, but i never grew the first version, so i don't know how they compare. I grew a half a pack and got few shorter more broad leaf-types, two thinner leaf phenos that were different to each other and one proper freak with f'd up leaves.
I only had one female out of those five seeds and flowered one of the males, which was fairly low yielder. But the only female i got was/is a real keeper. It's an Ortega pheno.

Here she is:

GoatCheese is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 04:15 PM #9
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
Sensi's current Black Domina isn't very stable,but i never grew the first version, so i don't know how they compare. I grew a half a pack and got few shorter more broad leaf-types, two thinner leaf phenos that were different to each other and one proper freak with f'd up leaves.
Black Domina is a 3- way cross I think and an F1. So don't expect the next generation to be stable.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:54 PM #10
GoatCheese

GoatCheese has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Black Domina is a 3- way cross I think and an F1. So don't expect the next generation to be stable.
It's a 4-way so a polyhybrid, not a F1.

Nevil has said he made two versions of Black Domina. One with Garlic Bud genetics and the other version had an Afghan from Sam Skunkman but not the Afghani#1.
According to Sensi Seeds BD is Ortega x Afghani SA/Hash Plant x NL#1

So does the letters SA in "Afghani SA" stand for Sam's Afghani, i dunno.

Here's some quotes from Nevil about Black Domina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil
I never got any Kush from Sam. I did get another Afghan from him that was unrelated to A#1. It a was coarse large seeded variety with big calyxes, but lacking potency. I used that in the Black Domina (25%).
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/83317-post516.html

Quote:
Black Domina was a 4 way indica hybrid I made for Sensi. I was going for big seeds/bracts with large resin globules on stalked glands. People seemed to want bigger yields, so I substited Garlic bud for one of the indicas. I don't know what has been happening at Sensi since then.
I liked the version with the big seeds and large stalked glands.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/58981-post17.html
Quote:
Ortega and NL lines are unrelated.
To be honest, I can't remember exactly which father was used in the bulk of the seeds.
NL2x Sams Afghan was one, Ortega x Sams Afg was another, both were later substituted with a son of Garlic bud for better yield (NL2xGarlic?).
I'll give you the tip that the quality came from the mother.
N.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/83607-post525.html
GoatCheese is offline Quote