What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help sick plants

hardstylemayhem

My babies are in coco I'm using the full canna line at the recommended dose on the feed chart for my stage (1.3) my humidity has been at about 65 my temps at about 78 I only feed when my media is quiet dry

Attachments

• 1527375154508250926781.jpg
    1527375154508250926781.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 15273751898511472829749.jpg
    15273751898511472829749.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 1527375203167141253495.jpg
    1527375203167141253495.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 30
I have no experience in coco myself hopefully somebody more versed in it will chime in. Have heard a lot about it did you thouroghly flush it before use? Following the recommended feed charts is usually too hot btw you want to cut down from what the manufacturer suggests then work your way up. Can you collect some runoff and see what ppms/ph you got going on in the rhizosphere? They don't look deathly I'll maybe a little burned and depending on how dry your letting the medium get maybe a little underwaterded. Try a few flushes with some very low ppm feed water and see if they perk up. If you're running 1.3ec which is about 650ppms that shouldn't be too much but I'd still collect runoff and flush if it has a high reading. Good luck

DrDee

Hi Mayem,
I have old eyes...help me out by describing what it is that you are seeing that looks off. I just see a bit of yellowing which is fairly non-specific.

Is it fresh coco or re-used. Old coco creates all sorts of issues by releasing too much K+ into the rootzone.
JD

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Coco needs to be at least damp at all times. Waiting until dry like you would with soil will cause issues. The crinkled leaves are from pH issues (dropping like a stone when the coco dries out too much) and the color variations are from poor nutrient uptake as a result.

I believe in reading plants, not feed charts. Use those values as a guideline and vary them according to the setup you have in your own room. :)
Save

DrDee

Coco needs to be at least damp at all times. Waiting until dry like you would with soil will cause issues.
Save

Thanks Douglas...you refreshed my memory a bit. Many people use coco as a hydro type media. An old bud from a different forum always watered with at least 10% runoff...as a sort of mini-flush. He never had any issues.
JD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts